www.Oasis-SMP.weebly.com (New website)!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

www.Oasis-SMP.weebly.com (New website)!!!!!!!

Post by TheFulcan on 11/3/2011, 8:34 pm

I have created this website over the past 3 days for our server. If at any time administration disapproves of this site or wants something on it changed it will be done with no questions asked. It took me a lot of hard work so I am hoping it is approved of. I will assure you that I am by no means trying to take control of anything, My site is just a gathering of information I have gotten out of the forums all put together so that its easier to see and understand. I ask that everyone please take the time to look over the website and let me know what you think. Thanks!!

TheFulcan
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: www.Oasis-SMP.weebly.com (New website)!!!!!!!

Post by TheFulcan on 11/3/2011, 10:11 pm

A few people seem to be liking the idea of the xat chat on the site I created. I'm just hoping to be able to keep this site up and running. I also want to let everyone know that it is possible to allow others besides myself to update and edit the site, however I would like to keep this to a minimum and I will have to train them on how things work unless they know how to do it already. I'm still hoping for the best, thanks everyone.

TheFulcan
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 11/4/2011, 7:23 am

Why do we need 2 websites? thats just going to confuse the new players, and the original is just as good if not better than the new one.

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 11/4/2011, 9:41 am

commander_chair wrote:Why do we need 2 websites? thats just going to confuse the new players, and the original is just as good if not better than the new one.
I agree. Oasis does not need a second website. These forums are just fine for getting information across.

The only thing I do like is the chat box.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFulcan on 11/4/2011, 11:11 am

Its not really a whole new website. . it is more or less a gathering of the information on the servers, put into a faster way to read and understand. . it is not a site you have to visit, its just a created site I built for the server on my spare time. It can be built into something much better than it currently is with the help from others on this server and I am already receiving help from a couple of the members of staff, I have some updates to do today, then I will check in again. I'm sorry if you do not like the website but it is really just for fun, not like its a new primary or even an obligation to visit. . I am glad you like the chat though. :)

TheFulcan
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomassiemons on 11/5/2011, 12:42 pm

ty fulcan !!!!

Thomassiemons
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 11/5/2011, 1:15 pm

Forumotion Is fun, simple and beatiful. We don't need another site, just to screw things. Yes, there are some problems with Forumotion, but it's one of the best free forum creators, and everyone like it.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 11/5/2011, 1:59 pm

While it is a very kind offer, there is really nothing beneficial about this new site. We have live chat on here, we have ways to notify people of server news and events, and we even have a private messaging ability. The only true step up from this site would be a professionally designed custom domain website. This costs quite a bit of money, so I think we are going to stick with forumotion for now.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 11/9/2011, 5:15 pm

To sum this up. This forum has been up almost a year, and so with the information collected throughout. I personally have been part of the forums for like... 10 months almost. I have no problems with it and starting fresh would delete a lot of useful information to go back on.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top