Shop idea !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shop idea !!!

Post by TheBzzr3568 on 6/24/2011, 8:23 pm

Well alot of people in this server build different shops.
But none of us really buy from the shop that is build, we buy from the /shop.
So I think that the /shop plugin should be turn off.
Alot of seller would make more money from the buyer instead of selling it to the /shop.
My idea also make it more of a survival server where you trade with other player instead of the computer.
Hope you guy understand what I mean.
Thank for reading !

TheBzzr3568
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shop idea !!!

Post by m_park21 on 6/24/2011, 8:33 pm

the main problem with the singular shops is no one advertises for them so you have to search for the shop it self and if you do find it you have to wait for the people running it to be on thats one thing i did miss about megamart always open and not hard to find

m_park21
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBzzr3568 on 6/24/2011, 8:37 pm

true but the staff should build a giant mall with space for about 50 shops. And the owner of that shop can recuit some people to help them sell
so it pretty simple i guess.

TheBzzr3568
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 6/24/2011, 8:46 pm

TheBzzr3568 wrote:true but the staff should build a giant mall with space for about 50 shops. And the owner of that shop can recuit some people to help them sell

So? Its impossible. The new rule.

You cant make anything like that.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cloneman1000 on 6/24/2011, 8:55 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:
TheBzzr3568 wrote:true but the staff should build a giant mall with space for about 50 shops. And the owner of that shop can recuit some people to help them sell

So? Its impossible. The new rule.

You cant make anything like that.

well you can't build one store that sell everything, but they never said that you couldn't build a big mall with a bunch of smaller shops within it

cloneman1000
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBzzr3568 on 6/24/2011, 9:03 pm

So yea it is possible right ?

TheBzzr3568
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldMine on 6/24/2011, 9:10 pm

Well the rule says u can only run ONE shop at a time, bringing up another issue and I think we need to get rid of that rule

GoldMine
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JonChen on 6/25/2011, 12:40 am

Even though I used to own the Mega-Mart I still think the rule allows other shop owners to have more fun.

What I think we should do is:

When we decide to make a new world I will discuss with the other staff members to make a Mall warp. I say this mall warp would be built by the staff and have free plots for the players. This Mall should not have any "rent" fees or any othr non-sense.

How and why will this solve our problem?

Easy! Take Megamart as and example. The MegaMart was easy to find and sold about everything. If we have a mall warp, the mall should consists of many stores selling various items. It would be easy to find! The mall would be like MegaMart but, have many diffrent owners. I would also have to say we should NOT have 2 shops in the mall selling the same things.

JonChen
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBzzr3568 on 6/25/2011, 7:44 am

That even a better idea jon ! :D
I just hope that it work

TheBzzr3568
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 6/25/2011, 8:09 am

JonChen wrote:Even though I used to own the Mega-Mart I still think the rule allows other shop owners to have more fun.

What I think we should do is:

When we decide to make a new world I will discuss with the other staff members to make a Mall warp. I say this mall warp would be built by the staff and have free plots for the players. This Mall should not have any "rent" fees or any othr non-sense.

How and why will this solve our problem?

Easy! Take Megamart as and example. The MegaMart was easy to find and sold about everything. If we have a mall warp, the mall should consists of many stores selling various items. It would be easy to find! The mall would be like MegaMart but, have many diffrent owners. I would also have to say we should NOT have 2 shops in the mall selling the same things.

What about Shoppalicious? Its a small Shopping Mall =/

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 6/25/2011, 10:36 am

Let me clear up some of these issues here. A mall LIKE megamart would be a giant building build by an admin or something in which you have to pay rent if you want a stall there. The person that built the mall does NOT own those shops and therefore it by-passes the rule of owning more than one shop. People would seperately build one stall each, having only one shop but it would all be in the same general area. They would keep any profits they get but they would have to pay rent to keep things 'lively'... or, they might not have to pay at all depending on the building owner's mood.

This is a great idea and i'd like to see the /shop plugin removed to help promote this. When the mall is done, there should also be a warp to it.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBzzr3568 on 6/25/2011, 10:57 am

I'm glad some people like my idea.

TheBzzr3568
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoTheGod on 7/27/2011, 2:55 pm

do I participate in its construction? I wish I had a store in the mall .. rabbit

MarcoTheGod
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cierte on 7/27/2011, 4:47 pm

reading all the comments it sounds like you guys want something thats already being planned. with the new Chest selling shop plug in coming soon there are a few people ( Goldmine and hawk and me and others) that plan on building a shop district. basically a city where any one who wanted could come and build a shop in our district in a plot and sell their specific item using the new plugin. this way a person could come to the town and find anything they needed. really boosting the economy because it will be so easy to shop and purchase from a variety of people. Very similar to a mall just out in the open with more of a creative aspect to build each shop in the town.

Cierte
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ironmugg on 7/27/2011, 6:03 pm

i like that idea. it makes people want to run shops more, and will add interest to the server. BTW i will be back on minecraft soon. did i miss the triwizard thing?

ironmugg
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 7/27/2011, 6:21 pm

Like Cierte said, we should be getting the Chest Shop plugin soon, this will make it much easier for players to run shops. If all these shops are in one place, then it will be easier to find these player's shops. So I support a mall for the server.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by walshie4 on 7/27/2011, 8:00 pm

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:Like Cierte said, we should be getting the Chest Shop plugin soon, this will make it much easier for players to run shops. If all these shops are in one place, then it will be easier to find these player's shops. So I support a mall for the server.
ehh i dont think a mall, but rather a market place, with plots for sale that you can buy and build a store.

walshie4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cierte on 7/27/2011, 10:18 pm

Walshie boy, a market place would be quite similar to a shop district. Were thinking on the same level here. Either way i think all the shops on the server need to be in the same place. That way every one has equal chance of selling their items, every ones shops will be known and like some one said it will bring back interest in making shops to the server. long live the economy

Cierte
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda on 7/27/2011, 10:32 pm

I like the idea of a mall, but it would have to be executed like, perfectly for it to look good and still work out.

Otherwise an outdoor marketplace/bazaar would be sick.

InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by walshie4 on 7/27/2011, 10:35 pm

InvertPanda wrote:I like the idea of a mall, but it would have to be executed like, perfectly for it to look good and still work out.

Otherwise an outdoor marketplace/bazaar would be sick.

agree, it would also be massive, i think the outdoor market would be cool, but if the mall is pulled off well, it could be amazing.

walshie4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cierte on 7/27/2011, 10:48 pm

well since its assumed this map will only be here till 1.8 maybe we build the shop district now. then a temp shop district on the new map till we have a perfect mall set up and ready

Cierte
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top