Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by Fragle44 on 5/18/2011, 10:03 pm

I don't know how to make this topic closed but what what I did was wrong to people. I don't know what I was thinking I guess I just needed some good sleep...
-Sorry to dtfgator especially because I called you a "gay-fag" It is not even true and I know that, you have a wife.
- Sorry to all admins, owners, mods, and any other people in the community, was a stupid post and I knew it wasn't a cover up I was just trying to get attention. (my habit)

- Sorry to all other people I offended, hurt, and made up lies about.
- I think I should be demoted to "Guest" Status, but that is up to you guys

Sincerely,
Fragle44

-My Apologies-


Last edited by Fragle44 on 5/19/2011, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong post, and inaccurate)

Fragle44
Banned
Banned

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by dtfgator on 5/18/2011, 10:10 pm

Dude, there is no cover up. I just don't think that "gayfag" is exactly a term of endearment. So I banned you.

dtfgator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1070
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reason for Banning

Post by bamby2727 on 5/18/2011, 10:13 pm

Fragle44 wrote:I just love how that admins won't tell us the real reason DevilDog115 was banned. I think it is just a cover up and I would like to see the evidence released to the public. Say Yes or No if you would like to see the evidence, I would so 1 vote yes, I win! Yeah, yeah I know he was griefing, but was he really? Or is it just a Cover Up?
- Admins that I think have a cover - Airely
- Mods that I think have a cover - Bamby - Won't tell me real reason why he was banned.

Ok lets get this straight.

1. its Ariley his ingame name is Ariley92 and Ariley92 is not an admin he is the Owner of the server!
2. We don't tell you because you do not need to know. I can tell you however it was a unanimous staff decision to ban devildog115 for multiple breaches of the rules and that is all you need to know at the present time.

bamby2727
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 150
Join date : 2011-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by snowninja845 on 5/18/2011, 10:34 pm

fraggle they told us everything they needed to we will find out in the future but not now and why did fraggle get banned

snowninja845
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 170
Join date : 2011-03-27
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by saeTan on 5/18/2011, 10:36 pm

Hi Fragle! I must say, I liked you until you made this post. We don't want any conspiracy theorists on this server, and this post is most certainly inappropriate. The reason why admins haven't wanted to say anything about why devildog was banned is because he's had such a long history of problems, that it would take forever to explain. Also, most of the problems we've had with him have been discussed in private, so there aren't too many posts on the forums about it.

In addition, I just want to point out that the staff runs this server for free, minus the donations that some people choose to give to us. I don't like sounding like the staff can do whatever we want - but we technically can. Too many people don't realize that they can't be disrespectful to the staff. We play with, and make friends with the players, but in the end, we are in charge and we make the decisions.

A lot of the problems that devildog has been involved in were never proven to be true, but because we had so many complaints about him, we banned him to get rid of unnecessary work for the staff. Just like cloudkesh, he's something that we shouldn't have to put up with. He'll also just blatantly lie to the staff - on teamspeak, he'll change his story constantly when we ask him a question.

saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1023
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 20
Location : Boston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by snowninja845 on 5/18/2011, 10:39 pm

i didnt know there were that many problems with devildog i always thought he was a good member of the server.

snowninja845
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 170
Join date : 2011-03-27
Age : 18
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by kurthnaga on 5/18/2011, 10:49 pm

snowninja845 wrote:i didnt know there were that many problems with devildog i always thought he was a good member of the server.

I don't think there usually were, but earlier today, he was trying to evict CommanderAJ13 and then got into a giant arguement and wouldn't agree that the admins were right.

On the topic of Cloudkesh, I have to agree. We shouldn't have to put up with him, because it seems like he always gets on just to tell people a story about his brother.

kurthnaga
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Posts : 37
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 19
Location : Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by Ariley on 5/18/2011, 10:51 pm

saeTan wrote:A lot of the problems that devildog has been involved in were never proven to be true, but because we had so many complaints about him, we banned him to get rid of unnecessary work for the staff. Just like cloudkesh, he's something that we shouldn't have to put up with. He'll also just blatantly lie to the staff - on teamspeak, he'll change his story constantly when we ask him a question.

Just to clarify - we didn't unban him to "get rid of unnecessary work," that's just a side effect of what happened. I don't want us to seem like we're lazy and like we just ban people rather than deal with their problems. We've had quite a file on devildog for a very long time, and it just culminated in us having no choice other than to ban him. To be quite honest, there's no reason you guys need to get yourselves involved in this. Think what you want, but the staff takes every ban we give very seriously.

Just ask a certain motherfucker named blitzmk, if you don't believe me.

_________________
Creator and founder of Oasis SMP!

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2020
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 24

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by dtfgator on 5/18/2011, 10:52 pm

Maybe you should repost the email you sent him in order to show how serious we consider banning someone.

dtfgator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1070
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by Ariley on 5/18/2011, 10:59 pm

dtfgator wrote:Maybe you should repost the email you sent him in order to show how serious we consider banning someone.

Alright, here it is. I usually don't like players to see behind-the-scenes staff business, but I think it's high time the players see how much care we take into our decisions.




"Alright, Blitz, here's what it all boils down to.

The several staff members who are attesting to your using xray usage are not lying. They are legitimately convinced that you've been doing it. And yet, here you are, vehemently denying it with every ounce of your being. The shitty part is this. At this point, it's just their word against yours. You should really see the kind of passion we work with here at Oasis. You were watched by staff members who were invisible probably most of the time you were on the server, and nearly everything you did was documented.

However, x-ray is one of the very few things that we can't legitimately document. All we have is several, not one but several, staff members' word that you were performing actions and mining so efficiently that x-ray had to be used. This is what they tell me.

I'd like to tell you that I hold all the power on the server, but that's just not true. We run a system here that has worked for ages. On cases like this where there is controversy, we run a staff vote about whether or not the player(s) is(are) to be banned. And in the case of you and Taliathion, the vote was heavily swayed towards banning you. It was almost unanimous.

And here's the final word on it. Maybe you weren't using x-ray, who knows. But it's the word of 3 of my staff members, who I trust very highly, versus a player who's been here for 4 days. Do you see the choice I'm left with? If I try and overturn my highly experienced staff members' decision based off the hearsay of a brand new player, what does that make me look like? It makes me look like an undermining piece of shit, quite honestly.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, and you probably don't think it's fair. But there's really not much I can do. It's 100% hearsay, and in a case like this, I have almost no choice but to trust the team of staff members that attest to your rule breaking.

If I may add one more thing, it's this. If it were just one staff member who claimed he had caught you, the rest of the staff and I might be more inclined to look into the situation more. However, it was Sinical and two other staff members who vehemently accuse you, just as strongly as you defend yourself. And neither of the other staff members had been involved in the disrespect issue on the forums or in-game. They were third-party outside viewers with an unbiased view of the situation. This is what makes me want to believe them over you.

I think you need to understand that sometimes, life just isn't fair. Situations like this arise, and in this case, both parties are extremely, EXTREMELY confident that they are both correct in their arguments.

However, I will leave you with this. I'll bring up the issue to the staff one more time tonight, if there is enough of a quota of staff members to make it a reasonable discussion. After that, if the decision is upheld, I'm going to ask that you just let it go. This is all I can do.

Please take what I've said seriously. Everything listed above is not meant to be hurtful in any way. I take my responsibility as the owner of Oasis very seriously, and I've put a lot of time and effort into this case. I've done my absolute best to try and come up with the correct solution.

I've even consulted friends outside of minecraft for legal advice, and this is what they recommend I do. Please understand that I am not just dismissing you, I really have taken this seriously.

You may feel free to continue to contact me if you wish.

-Ariley92"

_________________
Creator and founder of Oasis SMP!

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2020
Join date : 2010-11-09
Age : 24

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by NilesP on 5/19/2011, 12:29 am

whom might i ask was banned an why could it have been a cover up?.
yes i am new to the server , but i would like to hear what has happen because you say conspiracy which makes it sound like this may have been a very trusted person, or a theory .
do you have any proof.?

NilesP

NilesP
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by saeTan on 5/19/2011, 1:27 am

NilesP wrote:whom might i ask was banned an why could it have been a cover up?.
yes i am new to the server , but i would like to hear what has happen because you say conspiracy which makes it sound like this may have been a very trusted person, or a theory .
do you have any proof.?

NilesP

Devildog, shut the fuck up "an" you're not getting whitelisted. We can see your ip address, and you always make the same grammatical errors.

saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1023
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 20
Location : Boston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could Admins Be Covering Something? - EDIT!

Post by Nova042 on 5/19/2011, 2:13 am

*The long winded Nova appears*

Hello Oasis Community,

I would like to hope that many of you trust you will receive honest answers from me. From my perspective I'm actually glad to see a post like this. It means that the community still wants to keep its staff in check rather than letting them have free reign over the server. And unless Ariley feels differently, you have every right to voice your opinions. Unlike a griefer or thief caught in action, it was not one specific event that triggered this ban, but rather (as stated above) multiple transgressions that lead us to the ban. In fact, it took us a long time to finally come to this decision and Devildog was given far more leniency that he should have received for his actions. The staff, and Ariley in particular, take everything that might effect the community very seriously. Remember that this server was created with the intention of keeping players, not dominating them to the point where they want to leave. While we appreciate your enthusiasm towards your fellow community members, we hope that you will respect our decision.

-Nova

*With a poof of smoke and another run-on sentence, the long winded Nova disappears*


Last edited by Nova042 on 5/19/2011, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 694
Join date : 2011-02-27
Age : 32
Location : California, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum