Soooo...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Soooo...?

Post by Xhoblophone on 6/13/2014, 8:28 am

https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

So I guess donators are getting pooped on?

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Soooo...?

Post by pokekid3847 on 6/13/2014, 8:33 am

Xhoblophone wrote:
So I guess donators are getting pooped on?
No, Unless I read it wrong. They are just saying that you can now legally monetise your server.

pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 6/13/2014, 8:42 am

Yeah from what i can see it looks like its now legal to get donations although they say no perks but for those of us who already donated i don't think they can have our perks removed since we got them before this rule was made so its hard to see what they are saying

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coaltrain615 on 6/13/2014, 9:24 am

they way i think of it is the donators are getting perks but it isnt restricting things from other players

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaScary2 on 6/13/2014, 9:36 am

I agree with coal on that. Donators get perks but we don't treat other players any differently just because they haven't donated. I as a donator like my perks but I didn't donate just to get them I donated because I love Oasis and wanted to help out.

MegaScary2
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 6/13/2014, 9:43 am

What Mojang is saying is that they are legally allowing server owners to use donations as a means to help support and offset the monthly server costs. This is a good thing not only for our community, but for the rest of the Minecraft community. It means we aren't going to be sued or forced offline by Mojang anytime soon for breaking the terms of their EULA.

You guys don't have to worry about this anymore. :)

EDIT: For clarification:

Mojang wrote:You are allowed to accept donations from players. You can thank them publicly or in-game, but can’t give preferential treatment for donating. You are not allowed to restrict gameplay features in an attempt to make money.
By preferential treatment they mean things such as: ban immunity, staff ranks and commands including /kick, /ban, /pardon, /stop, /op, /deop, /whitelist, etc.

The "restrict gameplay features" section is slightly harder to explain, but we do our best to ensure that all players (donors or non-donors) are able to enjoy Minecraft Multiplayer to the best of their abilities, and that you will never be forced to pay us anything in order to play the game as it was intended to be played.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 6/13/2014, 10:09 am

cool, glad to hear

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleInYourFace on 6/13/2014, 5:15 pm

Mike wrote:The "restrict gameplay features" section is slightly harder to explain, but we do our best to ensure that all players (donors or non-donors) are able to enjoy Minecraft Multiplayer to the best of their abilities, and that you will never be forced to pay us anything in order to play the game as it was intended to be played.
I want to add to this, I personally never donated and I still had a great experience on Oasis without all the fancy perks any donation would get you. (This all referring to before I got staff)

AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 6/13/2014, 6:20 pm

AppleInYourFace wrote:
Mike wrote:The "restrict gameplay features" section is slightly harder to explain, but we do our best to ensure that all players (donors or non-donors) are able to enjoy Minecraft Multiplayer to the best of their abilities, and that you will never be forced to pay us anything in order to play the game as it was intended to be played.
I want to add to this, I personally never donated and I still had a great experience on Oasis without all the fancy perks any donation would get you. (This all referring to before I got staff)

^this

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 on 6/14/2014, 9:52 pm

So.... No more perks for future donations? Is that right? It's cool, I still plan to donate more in the future just because I love Oasis.

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 6/15/2014, 11:17 am

To clarify for you, Robbie, I dont think that getting perks for donating is recieving preferential treatment over any player. If anything it is a token of gratitude. I've seen people who have donated be banned and if anything its seen as worse than when some guest gets banned. The current system we have now seems very fair. I think theres something of a difference between our current system and and what Mojang is trying to prevent from happening.

Im no lawyer tho, so correct me if Im wrong...

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 6/16/2014, 9:07 pm

Everyone on Oasis can keep their perks, because the perks are reflected in ranks that are obtainable without donation: more here.

Basically, because $50 donors are basically Veterans, and Veteran is obtainable without donating, its ok.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 on 6/17/2014, 5:13 pm

We are keeping the things you get for donating to the server nothing will change. Fear not younglings. For the perks will be there.

Yoda

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum