AFKing near farms.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AFKing near farms.

Post by ralfpker on 3/27/2014, 6:45 pm

Considering I received a one week ban for this, and got no reply in game as to whether or not this was now ok. I figured that I would post it here.

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFKing near farms.

Post by OsgaTharp on 3/27/2014, 7:14 pm

I'd like to point out that rigo's afk pool is on a plot on voltage has been there for 1316 hours and that cactus farm was not built by rigo, but by gorecore and has been there for 258 hours. Its not even rigo's. Plus they are free for anyone to take.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfpker on 3/27/2014, 7:20 pm

I just came across it today, which is why I'm asking. In any case should the cactus farm even be there at all, considering it violates the recently added rule? Regardless of who has access to them. As well as the fact that no matter how long ago either was built, since the farm was built there was still the option of afking near it, or afking in a different location.

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 3/27/2014, 8:31 pm

Section iv c states that all lag generating structures and afk farms are banned

From what I see the cactus farm is not of the lag generating variety, but having rigo's afk pool so close to it raises some concerns. I've heard of some discussion about rigo's afk pools and hearing they are legal unless someone afks in it for an excessive amount of time. I do not know if there are changed views on that matter but it is up to the admins on how this is taken care of.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfpker on 3/27/2014, 8:42 pm

Gr00veDriftTreh1 wrote:Section iv c states that all lag generating structures and afk farms are banned

"and afk farms" the cactus farm in the picture you do not have to harvest it yourself it does it automatically, making it afk'able. aka an afk farm.

Lag generating structures, and afk farms are 2 separate things based upon the rules. Though an afk farm could essentially cause lag with redstone etc.

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 3/27/2014, 9:00 pm

Well yeah rigo's afk pool is a tool that can be used for afk farms and having a autofarm so close to is can turn it into a afk farm situation.

I'm not disagreeing with you in that matter.

Also its up to the admins to interpret and enforce the rules as they see fit.

The newly added afk clause to the building rules was made due to players afking near XP farms and the resulting mass of mobs causes noticeably significant drops in frame rate.

Osga found no problem with this farm (from what I see in his comment) and we should respect his choice in the matter.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleInYourFace on 3/27/2014, 9:01 pm

Ralf I understand your concerns, but Rigo has no connection this farm as Osga said it was built by a completely different person at a completely different time.

The cactus farm runs on it's own with no aid from anyone. I live right in front of the farm and have my own afk pool and I have not been told not to use it.

AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfpker on 3/27/2014, 9:25 pm

AppleInYourFace wrote:
The cactus farm runs on it's own with no aid from anyone.
 Yes, this is exactly what makes it an AFK(A farm which automatically harvests items without the need of personally doing it) farm, which is clearly not allowed based upon the rules clearly stated by gr00ve and owners of the server.

Last edited by ralfpker on 3/27/2014, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfpker on 3/27/2014, 9:32 pm

Gr00veDriftTre wrote:The newly added afk clause to the building rules was made due to players afking near XP farms and the resulting mass of mobs causes noticeably significant drops in frame rate.
The rule states "AFK farms" not solely xp farms, and as much as I do respect Osga. This is still a violation of the rules which the Owners implemented.

ralfpker
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 on 3/27/2014, 10:08 pm

Ok lets get some things straight first. Staff Investigates players period. Players do NOT investigate or accuse players. Your job here on as a player is to play.

Now the matter of rigo he is NOT guilty of anything. He didn't do a single thing wrong.

Case Closed

Thread locked

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/28/2014, 5:59 pm

Sorry to comment after it's been locked, but I'd just like to add that I approved Rigo's "afk pool" in Voltage a long time ago when I was still owner of it (I stepped down to co-owner and put Rigo in charge). It is a town project.

More info on this project's developement:
Spoiler:

We dubbed it/them "Rigo Roads". He's been designing them and adding to them. We've discussed making an amusement park full of these at some point (Like escalator land, but with water escalators).
His designs are also being implemented elsewhere as a Lazy River for sheep. There's a similar one inside the sheep statue in town somewhere as well, though it is devoid of sheep right now.
Rigo likes to ride in circles during his pmchats and partychats without going afk. Sometimes other people join him and it becomes a race around the waterroads instead, while lina puts sheep in them XD
Expect an amusement park in the future (with obvious rule that no one can build farms of any kind near it)

That was long long before a cactus farm was made nearby. His work is independent of any farm that may have been put in near it by another player. Chestlogs show that Rigo has not benefited from this farm either; took some cacti out once, then put it back.

I've never caught anyone in those water pools purposely to benefit from this farm. If it's that much of an issue, I can work out getting it moved from rigo's developement plots or semi-automated :\
...or...I could make rigo a his own research facility.... *-*

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top