enderpearls in adminshop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enderpearls in adminshop?

Post by elwin15NL on 1/25/2014, 4:25 pm

hello all and mostely staff of oasis.
I have this idea: Enderpearls in the AdminShop
right?
i think this should be added (at a low price) because in survival u can make an enderman XP enderpearl farm.
now that is not possible at oasis. for XP there are other pretty easy ways to get it. like skeleton grinders that kind of stuff, so im totaly cool with that. but enderpearls... they are so hard to get! they are even sold for 30$ each because they are so rare. Here on oasis you are not able to get them from an endermangrinder. So I think they sould be sold by the admin shop for a low price. so everybody can use them for days.

I am not sure about what price to sell them but i think 5$ for a stack maybe? and with a stack i mean 16.
any other idea's about prices. or other suggestions why admin should sell them. or not sell them
THANKS!

elwin15NL
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: enderpearls in adminshop?

Post by 4emersons on 1/25/2014, 10:51 pm

I don't think this is a bad idea, but I do think the price should be a bit higher than that. Maybe more like 12 or 16 per stack (stack of 16).  I wouldn't use it though because I has /i  Laughing

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/26/2014, 12:55 pm

Methods of obtaining enderpearls:
Spoiler:

-Hunt enderman, like youd hunt creepers for gunpowder, or any other mob you don't have a farm for. Gun powder is arguably much less useful then enderpearls in SMP, but it still has it's uses in potions and fireworks. But we don't have creeper farms. (In pvp however, gunpowder will be extremely useful, look forward to that XD)

- Find the end portal. Due to the reset glitch, /spawn is enabled in there now (last i checked). Even without a built farm you can gear up and easily kill a ton of them and /spawn out if endangered.

-Other players shops. There are some, few... but they're there. Probably not stocked often unless the player has end access...
------
Not shooting down the idea, just listing the other ways of obtaining them right now. Usually admin shop stuff is to offer things that can't be obtained, are extremely rare, and to give a place for players to sell ores and things for money when they first start out and set a price for things. Since we can't modify any blocks in the end, and given there's not a public end portal either, the idea of having them available in shop brings up a good point. However, It can also be argued finding the end portal is part of survival.

But keep in mind if they're offered in admin shop, it probably won't be a very... "reasonable" price in most peoples' buying-for terms.. admin shop charges more then almost all of the player shops... it sort of sets the upper limits for what it sells, and the lower limits for items you can sell to it :\
(Example: If I sell items in my shop for less then the amount admin shop buys for, someone will abuse my shop by buying all of my items and selling to admin shop and make a profit by doing little/no work. I lose money, because I could have easily sold my items to admin shop and made more money; I sold the items lower then admin shop's set bottom worth. However, If I try to sell things for more then admin shop sells them for, no one will buy them.)

For those of you who have located the portal for end access already, you'd probably make a ton of money by stocking some enderpearl chests in your shops  

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyNinjaStar on 2/7/2014, 6:33 am

Lina wrote:Methods of obtaining enderpearls:
Spoiler:

-Hunt enderman, like youd hunt creepers for gunpowder, or any other mob you don't have a farm for. Gun powder is arguably much less useful then enderpearls in SMP, but it still has it's uses in potions and fireworks. But we don't have creeper farms. (In pvp however, gunpowder will be extremely useful, look forward to that XD)

- Find the end portal. Due to the reset glitch, /spawn is enabled in there now (last i checked). Even without a built farm you can gear up and easily kill a ton of them and /spawn out if endangered.

-Other players shops. There are some, few... but they're there. Probably not stocked often unless the player has end access...
------
Not shooting down the idea, just listing the other ways of obtaining them right now. Usually admin shop stuff is to offer things that can't be obtained, are extremely rare, and to give a place for players to sell ores and things for money when they first start out and set a price for things. Since we can't modify any blocks in the end, and given there's not a public end portal either, the idea of having them available in shop brings up a good point. However, It can also be argued finding the end portal is part of survival.

But keep in mind if they're offered in admin shop, it probably won't be a very... "reasonable" price in most peoples' buying-for terms.. admin shop charges more then almost all of the player shops... it sort of sets the upper limits for what it sells, and the lower limits for items you can sell to it :\
(Example: If I sell items in my shop for less then the amount admin shop buys for, someone will abuse my shop by buying all of my items and selling to admin shop and make a profit by doing little/no work. I lose money, because I could have easily sold my items to admin shop and made more money; I sold the items lower then admin shop's set bottom worth. However, If I try to sell things for more then admin shop sells them for, no one will buy them.)

For those of you who have located the portal for end access already, you'd probably make a ton of money by stocking some enderpearl chests in your shops  

Um, where is the end portal? and do you guys plan on adding one at spawn like on the old map? I would really like to fight the dragon.

FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey on 2/7/2014, 7:11 am

I personally wouldn't want to add too much to the adminshop, other than the inobtainable stuff and the simple items like ores/ingots. Otherwise there's no point in playerowned shops

Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/7/2014, 8:39 am

FairyNinjaStar wrote:

Um, where is the end portal? and do you guys plan on adding one at spawn like on the old map? I would really like to fight the dragon.

Have to find the portal in the stronngholds. Or ask one of the players who know where one is already... I think there's 2 strongholds...
There is no public end portal anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 2/7/2014, 2:03 pm

Invest in a looting III book/sword and hunt endermen at night or, as said above, go to the end. I really don't think it needs to be added to admin shop. It's not hard to get and it's not necessary for anything.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 on 2/7/2014, 3:02 pm

http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t17204-notice-on-enderpearling#79252

Read that first then read this.... There is no way in He** I will ever approve of the admin shop ever selling enderpearls. I will never vote for it, argue for it, you are lucky I haven't removed them from the server totally. To many people abuse the use of the enderpearls .. sorry you are going to have to get them the hard way .. killing the enderman.

To answer some other questions. I will be setting up a public endportal just haven't had the chance to  find the spot yet.. its coming soon

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum