[ 5 ]
19% 19% 
[ 8 ]
16% 16% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 43

Re: Secondary Server

Post by Paxination on 6/27/2013, 9:32 pm

Taccy wrote:If its a smaller server I say FTB, as A) It's different to the current Oasis (We already have PvP and games on the main server, I don't think people would leave that just to play on a smaller server) and B) FTB servers tend to be small anyway.

I played FTB round a friends house once, it rewards teamwork and cooperation greatly, but also has a whole variety of Griefing tools that can bypass protections and other things. Because of this I suggest a whitelist of people who really want to play together and play. It also means that since, I assume, they'll be a smaller max player amount, every slot goes to valued players, not random guests.
This is the biggest point I need to stress.  It needs to be different from the MAIN server.  Cant be competing with our selves.

Not to mention Taccy is right about the whitelist.  I know you dont want to do it but if your limited on slots,  I would definitely whitelist it.  Especially since I am gonna suggest as well FTB.  Which I havent played yet, but I have played tekkit, and they are basically the same.  But tekkit doesnt get updated tho.  Its still on what version of mc?  1.2.6?  If its going to be FTB, there are too many tools in that mod to control griefing.  So you would definitely want to whitelist to keep that down to a minimum.
Kevo235 wrote:Either modded, or PVP, but mostly modded. I honestly think PVP does not belong on the Oasis-SMP server, and rather we should have a totally different one if we even have one at all. Also, a modded server like tekkit or whatever would be cool, even though i'd personally never play it, I think a lot of people would appreciate that. In the end, i'm about 60% yes for this; I wouldn't go out of MY way to make it happen, even though I do think it'd be a cool change.

Also having some sort of chat link between them (if possible) would be cool as well Cool

And we allready spoke about this, the chat link, DEFINITE YES.  And doable!  I just started loooking up the java docs on the java.net info for this.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/27/2013, 10:38 pm

Paxination wrote:
Taccy wrote:If its a smaller server I say FTB, as A) It's different to the current Oasis (We already have PvP and games on the main server, I don't think people would leave that just to play on a smaller server) and B) FTB servers tend to be small anyway.

I played FTB round a friends house once, it rewards teamwork and cooperation greatly, but also has a whole variety of Griefing tools that can bypass protections and other things. Because of this I suggest a whitelist of people who really want to play together and play. It also means that since, I assume, they'll be a smaller max player amount, every slot goes to valued players, not random guests.
This is the biggest point I need to stress.  It needs to be different from the MAIN server.  Cant be competing with our selves.

Not to mention Taccy is right about the whitelist.  I know you dont want to do it but if your limited on slots,  I would definitely whitelist it.  Especially since I am gonna suggest as well FTB.  Which I havent played yet, but I have played tekkit, and they are basically the same.  But tekkit doesnt get updated tho.  Its still on what version of mc?  1.2.6?  If its going to be FTB, there are too many tools in that mod to control griefing.  So you would definitely want to whitelist to keep that down to a minimum.
Kevo235 wrote:Either modded, or PVP, but mostly modded. I honestly think PVP does not belong on the Oasis-SMP server, and rather we should have a totally different one if we even have one at all. Also, a modded server like tekkit or whatever would be cool, even though i'd personally never play it, I think a lot of people would appreciate that. In the end, i'm about 60% yes for this; I wouldn't go out of MY way to make it happen, even though I do think it'd be a cool change.

Also having some sort of chat link between them (if possible) would be cool as well Cool

And we allready spoke about this, the chat link, DEFINITE YES.  And doable!  I just started loooking up the java docs on the java.net info for this.

I was already considering putting a whitelist on it, I don't have enough RAM to handle that many people, though when I have the money I'm upgrading to 16G Corsair Vengeance, but I believe I will still keep a whitelist unless we do something else that doesn't have so many things in it that could potentially cause a lot of griefing.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/27/2013, 11:00 pm

XxLegendxX98 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:
XxLegendxX98 wrote:
Taccy wrote:How about Voltz PvP? Missiles n shiz.
As I explained to Kevo, I don't think they want that much a PVP heavy server, and then I put Voltz in it, one griefer with xray gets hold of a few nukes, there really isn't a map left, not to mention if he finds someone with antimatter.

How about we have a whitelist on it, and people can only get in if they're members of Oasis first?
Already considering doing that, however all it take is one person. There's been several cases of higher ranked members griefing. But I'm doing a vote on which modpack should be used.

Not to mention a vet was caught with xray recently... Never can be too cautious

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/27/2013, 11:28 pm

Lina wrote:
XxLegendxX98 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:
XxLegendxX98 wrote:
Taccy wrote:How about Voltz PvP? Missiles n shiz.
As I explained to Kevo, I don't think they want that much a PVP heavy server, and then I put Voltz in it, one griefer with xray gets hold of a few nukes, there really isn't a map left, not to mention if he finds someone with antimatter.

How about we have a whitelist on it, and people can only get in if they're members of Oasis first?
Already considering doing that, however all it take is one person. There's been several cases of higher ranked members griefing. But I'm doing a vote on which modpack should be used.

Not to mention a vet was caught with xray recently... Never can be too cautious

Yeah. But my only thoughts to this; why would a VET need X-Ray? He should be able to spawn items.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChopper20 on 6/29/2013, 12:59 pm

You should add tinkers construct

TheChopper20
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 6/29/2013, 5:02 pm

TheChopper20 wrote:You should add tinkers construct

Already considering TContruct. I loved that mod. I'll also probably be adding ComputerCraft and ThaumCraft 3. Still waiting for more suggestions on other mods.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top