Oasis Movie Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oasis Movie Night

Post by Pandaz1 on 5/22/2013, 8:51 am

Hey guys, Remember this? Well its here now! Each month, Last Friday AND Saturday (Like promos) of each month, Both twice. Please comment your time-zones so I can post an official official thread on it when I see how the first one goes. PM me on the forums if you have any questions. Please consider some young players will not fancy old war movies or sexual & drug movies. So we may not consider your movie if it is not suitable for a family type audience. I have gottten to this point so far: bit.ly/OasisMovieNight But I cant make it livestream at once.

Here is the app to submit a forum:

----------------------------------------------------
Ingame name (you):

Movie Title:

Rating:

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS):
-------------------------------------------------------

That it. And Mike or Norm, Could I talk with you, After the movie night, To see if there can be a sub forum, Like the Promotions sub, For movie night (If it's successful)?

Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oasis Movie Night

Post by Guest on 5/22/2013, 12:06 pm

(couple questions)

1) Can we put more then one suggestion (as long as we don't spam-post; maybe edit the suggestions into the first suggestion post we write)

2) Following the previous thread, the movie has to be PG right? (unless that changed)

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 5/22/2013, 4:33 pm

Ingame name: mickdude2

Movie Title: Holes

Rating: PG

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS):A wrongfully convicted boy is sent to a brutal desert detention camp where he joins the job of digging holes for some mysterious reason.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 5/22/2013, 6:10 pm

Ingame Name (Me): Taccy

Movie Title: Django Unchained

Rating: 18 U

Small description of the movie: Black slave turns into a bounty hunter, shoots stuff.

Saw it on Monday, I will watch it again and again for the Samuel L Jackson parts, best character I've seen.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 on 5/22/2013, 6:23 pm

Lina wrote:(couple questions)

1) Can we put more then one suggestion (as long as we don't spam-post; maybe edit the suggestions into the first suggestion post we write)

2) Following the previous thread, the movie has to be PG right? (unless that changed)

1) You can put as many suggestions as you want, but if two or more, use
Spoiler:
one of these

2) G, PG or M. Some M rated movies are kid friendly.

So far we have Holes, honey I blew up the kid and honey I shrank the kid.

Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo on 5/22/2013, 6:24 pm

Taccy wrote:Ingame Name (Me): Taccy

Movie Title: Django Unchained

Rating: 18 U

Small description of the movie: Black slave turns into a bounty hunter, shoots stuff.

Saw it on Monday, I will watch it again and again for the Samuel L Jackson parts, best character I've seen.

That movie is literally the funniest movie I have ever seen [/offtopic]

However a kid should come nowhere near that movie, maybe have it for like the older audience?

bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 5/22/2013, 6:32 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Ingame name: mickdude2

Movie Title: Holes

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS):A wrongfully convicted boy is sent to a brutal desert detention camp where he joins the job of digging holes for some mysterious reason.

I love that movie soo much. Smile

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 5/22/2013, 6:35 pm

Ingame name (you): 4emersons

Movie Title: The Dark Knight Rises

Rating: PG-13, but idk why it is not PG.
it is a batman movie, and Batman tries to save Gotham City from Bane.

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 5/22/2013, 6:36 pm

Ingame name (you): Lcfrasso

Movie Title: Fast and Furious 6

Rating: PG-13

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): I dunno, just thought it be nice to watch since it's almost out, and not everyone will pay to watch so yes, a fun movie to watch with Oasis perhaps, there's alot of boom. I have no idea how we'd watch it though... Actually, i do, but it's not legally nice.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyplats on 5/22/2013, 7:05 pm

Ingame name (you): Fuzzyplats

Movie Title: Ted

Rating: R Does contain drug usage upper half nudity in 1 quick scene and a like 11 year old getting punched in the face

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): It's a movie about a kid with no friends and on X-mas he gets a large Teddy Bear who when you squeeze it say "I love you!" and on that night he wishes it could talk and it comes to life then it's like 20 years later and it's just the funniest movie ever.

Fuzzyplats
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 5/22/2013, 7:21 pm

Fuzzyplats wrote:Ingame name (you): Fuzzyplats

Rating: R Does contain drug usage upper half nudity in 1 quick scene and a like 11 year old getting punched in the face

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): It's a movie about a kid with no friends and on X-mas he gets a large Teddy Bear who when you squeeze it say "I love you!" and on that night he wishes it could talk and it comes to life then it's like 20 years later and it's just the funniest movie ever.

I can vouch for this.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 5/22/2013, 7:21 pm

mickdude2 wrote:
Fuzzyplats wrote:Ingame name (you): Fuzzyplats

I can vouch for this.

I can't.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flomzilla on 5/22/2013, 10:23 pm

I kind of feel like most of the people who actually use teamspeak wouldn't have a problem with R movies...

Ingame name: Flomzilla

Movie Title: National Security

Rating: PG13

Description: Police officer who's partner is killed by smugglers is arrested and hated by the public for violence against a black man. When he gets out of prison, he accidentally teams up with the man who got him arrested and they hunt down the smugglers. It's pretty funny and one of my favorite movies.

flomzilla
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 5/23/2013, 3:38 am

Ingame name: Kevo235

Movie Title: Donnie Darko

Rating: R (but it's not that bad, I can vouch)

Description: A troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a large bunny rabbit that manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after narrowly escaping a bizarre accident.

[Edit] I wasn't actually interested personally in this much, but Donnie Darko is a fucking fantastic movie and I think everyone should watch it at some point in their lives.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 5/23/2013, 10:36 am

I am not allowed to watch Ted or any other r movies

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/23/2013, 11:42 am

http://www.kids-in-mind.com/
Might help with looking up exactly why things a rated what the are. I'm usually tl;dr the article explanations, but the gauges from yellow-orange-red for sex/violence/profanity usually gives a good idea... (duno if helpful, but figured it was worth mentioning)
---------------------------------------------------
Ingame name (you): sheep (izumi4kona)

----------------
Spirited Away:

Spoiler:
Movie Title: Spirited Away

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS):
"In the middle of her family's move to the suburbs, a sullen 10-year-old girl wanders into a world ruled by gods, witches, and monsters; where humans are changed into animals" -copypasta from IMDb

Pokemon Movie 1:

Spoiler:
Movie Title: Pokemon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back

Rating: G

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): Scientists create the pokemon "Mewtwo" cloned from DNA, but instead of doing what they want he turns into an evil badass and makes his own clone army. He even makes an evil version of Ash's Pikachu
*No previous watching of pokemon is necessary to follow the movie*

HP 1:

Spoiler:
Movie Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): First movie in the HP series, Harry learns he is a wizard and goes to Hogwarts School. (Can't say much else without giant spoilers)

I might think of more later, I'll just edit this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 5/23/2013, 12:22 pm

Lina wrote:
HP 1:

Spoiler:

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): First movie in the HP series, Harry learns he is a wizard and goes to Hogwarts School. (Can't say much else without giant spoilers)

Omg yes let's see all Harry Potters i agree with this vouch

I

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 5/23/2013, 1:37 pm

Lina wrote:http://www.kids-in-mind.com/
Might help with looking up exactly why things a rated what the are. I'm usually tl;dr the article explanations, but the gauges from yellow-orange-red for sex/violence/profanity usually gives a good idea... (duno if helpful, but figured it was worth mentioning)

Django Unchained

PROFANITY 7 - About 28 F-words and its derivatives, 16 scatological terms, 27 anatomical terms, 42 mild obscenities, 98 derogatory term for African-Americans, name-calling (poor devils, fancy pants, peckerwood, cheeky, ungrateful, white boy, rambunctious, house boy, snowball, decrepit, little trouble maker, big trouble maker, silver tongued, Frenchy, bad loser, abysmal loser), a man is referred to as a "black slaver," 27 religious profanities, 5 religious exclamations.

If that's what gets a 7 I don't want to know what gets a 10.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 5/23/2013, 2:07 pm

Taccy wrote:
Lina wrote:http://www.kids-in-mind.com/

Django Unchained

PROFANITY 7 - About 28 F-words and its derivatives, 16 scatological terms, 27 anatomical terms, 42 mild obscenities, 98 derogatory term for African-Americans, name-calling (poor devils, fancy pants, peckerwood, cheeky, ungrateful, white boy, rambunctious, house boy, snowball, decrepit, little trouble maker, big trouble maker, silver tongued, Frenchy, bad loser, abysmal loser), a man is referred to as a "black slaver," 27 religious profanities, 5 religious exclamations.

And gore too.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 5/23/2013, 2:11 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:
Lina wrote:
HP 1:

Spoiler:

Omg yes let's see all Harry Potters i agree with this vouch

I

I hate Harry Potter movies so much

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amby on 5/24/2013, 8:27 pm

Ingame name: SolarWasHere

Movie Title: Castle in the Sky

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): A young boy and a girl with a magic crystal must race against pirates and foreign agents in a search for a legendary floating castle.

(A FANTASTIC MOVIE. I would recommend completely if one hasn't seen already. All Studio Ghibli movies are great.)

Amby
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 5/24/2013, 8:36 pm

Taccy wrote:
Django Unchained

I tried my best... this is what I got.

For a good time, call...

PROFANITY 8 - About 33 F-words, 35 sexual references, 1 sexual gesture, 20 scatological terms, 45 anatomical terms, 10 mild obscenities, name-calling (crazy, boring, sterile, hairy, fancy pants, phone-whores, whores, slut, rapist), stereotypical references to men, women, fraternity brothers, gays, lesbians, Asians, sex industry workers, parents, blind dates, landlords, employers, Generation Y, 5 religious profanities, 10 religious exclamations.

However, the entire movies message- Long-term relationships are important and it's OK to be a virgin.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/24/2013, 9:51 pm

Amby wrote:Ingame name: SolarWasHere

Movie Title: Castle in the Sky

Small description of the movie (NO SPOILERS): A young boy and a girl with a magic crystal must race against pirates and foreign agents in a search for a legendary floating castle.

(A FANTASTIC MOVIE. I would recommend completely if one hasn't seen already. All Studio Ghibli movies are great.)

Omg.
I love that movie...and... you, your profile pics, and adorable signatures ;w; XD
THE SHINY MAGIC CRYSTAL @-@ hnnng

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 on 5/24/2013, 9:55 pm

Unfortunatly, I have yet to find a correct movie stream, So we will be watching "Honey I Blew Up The Kid" I will constantly look for a good movie streaming site, For now visit http://bit.ly/oasismovienight ..... ITS ON RIGHT NOW! JOIN US! :D

Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top