1.6 update inquiries

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.6 update inquiries

Post by AKTIV8R on 5/10/2013, 10:35 pm

there was a lil chat today about the 1.6 update on whether a new map is gonna come and I figured the best place for this would be on the forum...

so the first question here would be obvious... does 1.6 add new terriain generation? and if it does will we be changing maps again?

not that itll affect me on whether I choose to build or not but some people might be discouraged to start new builds until then...

if any one else has questions feel free to post them here and we might be able to come to some conclusions

AKTIV8R
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.6 update inquiries

Post by mcSWOOPYsf on 5/10/2013, 11:56 pm

im not heavily investd yet so it doent affect me either way. if a new world were spawned i will enjoy building along side everyone else.

mcSWOOPYsf
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/11/2013, 12:08 am

This might help a bit, as for a small reference to upcoming stuff
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features#Bug_fixes

Duno much about the new world gen other then the chests in nether fortresses, deserts not having water anymore, and horses. Someone told me the horses are only spawning on "new" chunks, but I can't confirm that at the moment (mostly because I'm too lazy to look it up right now and I'm falling asleep xD).
[I think Sauce was the one who brought it up earlier, probably has more useful info then I can put xD]

Meh, I don't think it's much of a cause for panic... I have builds I'd be a bit sad to see go, since I just kinda settled in the new map since last update (along with everyone else who joined before the most recent update) but it brings in new features and shiny blocks..... resets are inevitable anyway if the server is to stay up to date :\
People would be bummed out a bit, but we'd build even more things to replace what was lost; with more experience the second time around.

nothing lasts forever- well....except my love for sheep... that's lasting forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by AKTIV8R on 5/11/2013, 2:52 pm

I personally could care less, I expect to have to change maps with updates and I love the fact that we get reset so ppl have to come up with new ideas!

keeps the game feeling new all the time and that's a big part of wut I like about minecraft...

AKTIV8R
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 5/12/2013, 6:08 pm

Bringing this back.

On topic, i think it's of great importance to talk about the matter with Madsci, pax, or Andrew. They should probally point out some facts about getting a new map.

Anyways, from the features that i seen that are coming there's nothing important apart from Dry Deserts, and chest generation in Nether Fortresses, but we'd need to get a little deeper to know if we need a new map for those to work, or if we'll just keep out-dated and the same map.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top