Cupcake
bandityogo
BiggJ1939
20 posters

Go down

BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application Empty BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application

Post by BiggJ1939 9/7/2013, 11:59 pm

Minecraft username: BiggJ39

Real name (recommended): Joel (That's what the J stands for ;) )

How long have you been playing on THIS server?:

Forum Date=Join Date, so 4 months. However I have been on for 5 months, because I had to make a new account :P Here is a link to prove it :P https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t12696-biggj39-introduction?highlight=BiggJ39

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?:

I plan to be on everyday if possible! I have deliberately held off on applying for Jr. Mod because I wanted to get my schedule straightened at school and figure out exactly how much time I could give to oasis. I am extremely dedicated to Oasis. I believe the longest stretch of time I have not been on was 8 days, since I was moving to graduate school down at Clemson University. Other than that, I have been on almost every day, give or take a day :) and I plan to continue this routine :)

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you:

Bandityogo, TaccyPoo, Kevo235, keshaluver21, commander_chair, Jawell

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?:

This may be a different way to explain why I would be a good part of oasis, but please stick with me through this. So first, a little glimpse into the past :)

****Hello! I'm Bigg J.

I've been playing minecraft for a veryyy long time, and have still not gotten sick of it :P I am currently 22 years old and am graduating for college in about a month with a bachelors in Architecture. I have worked very hard to get through school and obtain the best grades and it paid off by me getting accepted at one of the US top architecture schools!

Now, being so old :P I am very much a hermit on servers, i stick to myself, not trying to cause a fuss or anything, but playing the game and creating some beautiful buildings. I do not accept tpa unless its an admin or someone i trust because my creations are very important to me and i do not want them griefed. I hope one day I can become an architect on this server and really so off my skills :) I have built 5 server spawns to date including castles, coves with pirate ships, acropolis type buildings, and so much more. 

If you need any help or advice on building, just message me and I'd be glad to help. I'm already mining to get materials to build, so hopefully soon ill have enough to build a great creation :)

See you on the server...maybe****

What I posted above is what I wrote about 5 months ago, a week after I joined the server. The player I was back then, and the player I am today are two complete different people. Yet the only difference between those two players is that one had yet to discover how amazing of a place oasis is.

As I started out on this server,  I did not excepting much. I figured I could maybe build something cool before it got destroyed or the server shut down. I had no connection, no concern for oasis, because every server I had been on I never talked to anyone besides people that needed something built. I didn't trust anyone, not to sound paranoid, even staff, yet that began to change as I started to see how amazing oasis actually is. I started chatting to people like Bandityogo and realized that there were some cool people on the server. As I built, I watched the chat and laughed at all the funny conversations going on and chimed in when I could. As I built my castle, I became more and more connected to oasis, telling my friends about it and trying to get them to come on and play! I felt like I had truly found a place I could play and not be harassed and have a good time. However, the biggest turning point, the most significant event that truly connected me to oasis was teamspeak. I began to talk to great people like Kevo235, Keshaluver21, Paxination, CaptnCupcake, Bandityogo, monkyboy9, _Zeira_, ThatOneChickCL, snowninja845, TaccyPoo, and even the crazies like BattleAxe36, AttractiveBanana, and Malris_Bengado ;) haha just kidding! But really, the point of this is that all of these players, and countless others, you know who you are :), have become, and I am very proud to say, a friend to me :) And because of them, I keep coming back, day after day, enjoying the time I get to spend with these friends and trying to make new ones along the way. They also make me want to better myself as a player, a builder, to help more, and to be as open as possible to new players to the server as they were to me.

When I received architect rank, I continued to help people as much as I could. And as I helped, I realized I could do more with my new powers. So I made it a point to help anyone I could, be it a guest or staff. I was amazed at how many people /msg me about helping with everything from animal wrangling, to building, to designing, to griefing. And every person that has asked for help I've helped to the best of my ability and power; and if I could not help, I would point them in the right direction for help.

The point of being staff, in my opinion, is to help protect oasis from anyone who wants to bring it down, and to create the best, most fun server that people can play on. Oasis is a home for so many great players, each deserving the best game experience they can get. This was the oasis that I joined 5 months ago, and that is the oasis I will protect and maintain if I am considered for the position. I understand that there will be hard decisions, people trying to get under my skin, but I can certainly handle it. I may be nice on Teamspeak and chat, but I can certainly hold my ground with the best of them.

In the end, I will always be Bigg :) I will always be happy to help, building super cool stuff, and making oasis a great place to join and stay! Oasis has become my home away from home, and I am not leaving until I'm kicked out ;)

Thank you for your consideration, and see you online!

Joel --BiggJ39--
BiggJ1939
BiggJ1939
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://unexpecteddesign.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application Empty Re: BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application

Post by bandityogo 9/8/2013, 12:00 am

I vouch for Bigg 100% completely, He is always on the server and helping people build and just being a friendly person in general! He is very mature and knows a TON about pokemon... I will award you with this my friend Joel: BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application Bandit14
bandityogo
bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake 9/8/2013, 12:19 am

Been waiting for this post for weeks! I think you'll be a great staff member. 

BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application B5m8

Last edited by CaptnCupcake on 9/8/2013, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed more awesome)
Cupcake
Cupcake
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 9/8/2013, 12:24 am

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!  Bigg is, in my opinion, the best builder on the server, he is one of the friendliest, he is a fantastic guy, and he is the best builder on the server (idc if I mentioned that twice)!!!  VOUCH VOUCH VOUCH Smile  Smile  Smile  He is a great builder
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by NoahDooling 9/8/2013, 2:03 am

I most certainly vouch for this, I would like to see Bigg as staff someday and I'm certain he will be good at it if he gets it.
NoahDooling
NoahDooling
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jackOPSftw 9/8/2013, 2:35 am

VOUCH
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 9/8/2013, 5:07 am

Been waiting for this ;) VOUCH!
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 9/8/2013, 5:44 am

Vouch

Uber VOUCH!
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keshaluver 9/8/2013, 9:19 am

Yeah he's basically the best
Vouch♡
Keshaluver
Keshaluver
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 9/8/2013, 10:52 am

Vouch!
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by echolectrical 9/8/2013, 12:34 pm

BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application Vouchp12

1000% VOUCH
echolectrical
echolectrical
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 9/8/2013, 8:35 pm

To paraphrase Cinna from the hunger games, "I'm not allowed to vouch, but if I could I'd vouch for you!"
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 9/8/2013, 8:49 pm

Xhoblophone wrote:To paraphrase Cinna from the hunger games, "I'm not allowed to vouch, but if I could I'd vouch for you!"
 Why are you not allowed to vouch?  Everyone is allowed to, and has the right to, vouch.  A vouch  on a Member, Veteran, or Jr. Mod application simply states that you give them your support, And you can state why they have your support so others can read it and possibly learn more or realize more about that person, or you can just choose to say that you give them your support. Smile
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 9/8/2013, 9:23 pm

That app is almost as long as the rules

Actually it's not even close, but still.

I vouch.

200%

Hell yeah.

Where doing this man

Where making it hapen.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Blame 9/8/2013, 10:58 pm

Vouch, app is beautifully written, english teachers would be proud, and he is on a lot, very easy to talk to!
Blame
Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 9/9/2013, 7:43 am

4emersons wrote:
Xhoblophone wrote:To paraphrase Cinna from the hunger games, "I'm not allowed to vouch, but if I could I'd vouch for you!"
 Why are you not allowed to vouch?  Everyone is allowed to, and has the right to, vouch.  A vouch  on a Member, Veteran, or Jr. Mod application simply states that you give them your support, And you can state why they have your support so others can read it and possibly learn more or realize more about that person, or you can just choose to say that you give them your support. Smile
I know that, but my vouch doesn't have an actual effect on whether or not Bigg gets promoted. I'll support him in every way though.
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 9/9/2013, 11:43 am

With lies as impressive as that you should become a politition. Griefer.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggJ1939 9/9/2013, 11:52 am

Taccy wrote:With lies as impressive as that you should become a politition. Griefer.
We all know you were the original staff griefer :P
BiggJ1939
BiggJ1939
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://unexpecteddesign.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 9/9/2013, 5:40 pm

I VOUCH 1,000,000 PERCENT
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by caden_m 9/9/2013, 8:14 pm

Bigg is helpful and i would love to see him as jrMod.

VOUCH
caden_m
caden_m
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 7matt11 9/10/2013, 1:55 am

PLEASE PLEASe give him mod, he is alwase helping me and i mean alwase ;)

7matt11
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 9/13/2013, 3:26 pm

BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application Zvouch10

Got bored....using my latest vector thingy as a vouch. 

Anyway bigg would be a great mod. Hes nice and respectful to pretty much everyone. ^.^
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

BiggJ39 Jr. Mod Application Empty Reply:

Post by surv1v0r08 9/14/2013, 2:14 am

I have a little set of rules in my head for every application I come across from Member - Jr. Mod.

This app defies one of them (One I come down on in these apps) but to be honest with a contender like this it doesn't matter, you have a Vouch, for being an active, polite and very friendly member of the community!

I wish you luck!

~Surv
surv1v0r08
surv1v0r08
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down