Worldedit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worldedit?

Post by alext180 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Do admins do worldedits for people sometimes? :p I need flat land to build my castle on and it's 164x168, so I found the area and surrounded it in dirt to mark it out and calculated that it was about 28,000 blocks... And that means if I was to place a block every second (which I wouldn't) it would take 8 hours, not to mention the time it would take to even out the land above the dirt I place... Which brings up my question, do admins do large worldedits for people? :D? #hopeful

alext180
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worldedit?

Post by Kevo235 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Depends on the staff member. Also, Mods can also do WorldEdits for you if you're nice to them :D

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:15 pm

It's really on a case by case basis, and depends on the Admin. Some Admins are willing to do it, others have personal rules that they won't WE for any non-staff. That said, the issue that I as a staff have with flattening out land is that it restricts the creativity required to learn to build with the contours of the land. Anyone can build on a flat surface, but to build along a hillside, across a river, or within a forest takes talent and looks great. Plus, building on flat ground it looks terribly ugly and makes an American Indian cry a tear for Mother Earth whenever he sees it. (Refer to my sig below)

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alext180 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Nova042 wrote:Anyone can build on a flat surface, but to build along a hillside, across a river, or within a forest takes talent and looks great.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but building a huge castle on a hill is pretty difficult, especially if you actually want to make it look good. I can build houses, mansions, and sometimes towns on a hillside/river etc. but building a giant city or castle is too difficult for me. Also, whenever I build something on flat land I usually terraform everything around it to make it look not so blank or flat, i.e. I put trees, grass, uneven terrain etc. Thanks for the response :3

alext180
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum