BuildOff Info

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BuildOff Info

Post by MrShatang on 7/10/2012, 10:37 pm

Hey guys I am taking my reply from the other post and I am putting it in a new topic so it is easier for people to find.

Well don't worry the rule would be it would all have to be legit.
Anyways the rules will be:
-The building take place on the Monday before promotions. Your time limit you will have will be until after promotions. After promotion the judges t will have decided throughout that last day and will announce the winner after promotions after everyone settles down (because we all know promotions are one heck of a challenge with all the screaming lol). The winner will then receive his price like money,diamond,etc.
Now so all of you have enough time to collect your materials for the theme. Right after the winner of last Buildoff is announced. We will then announce the theme for next BuildOff so you have basically 3 weeks to collect your materials and plan your build. There will be four judges and two all already reserved for myself and bandityogo.
Also, a lot of people have been suggesting smaller plots but I personally wont change it now. It will be set at 64 x 64 unless I see that nobody is using up that much space. Please don't argue about the smaller plots right now because I will not change it unless I see like I said.
I have decided to make 6 plots which means 6 people per month.

Here is the Format to apply for being a contestant in the Buildoff:

Minecraft Username:

Yep I know it is just the username but personally for this I don't really care who you are or what rank you are. I just need to know what your username is so I know who is going to build.
This is not really going to be like a GH or WS because the judges don't have to work weekly, all we have to do is build the plots and choose what build we like best on the Promotion Day. Just tell me in game that you want to be a judge and I will right your name on a piece of paper. After one week I will then put them in a hat and draw them out. First two to be picked will be your judges.
One last thing, this will not start until 1.3.
Thanks -Shatang;)

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BuildOff Info

Post by mickdude2 on 7/10/2012, 10:46 pm

Could apply to be contestant and judge? One week I would really like to do the build, but otherwise I would love to see everyone else's. Just tell me when it's gonna be medieval and I'll be there.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/10/2012, 10:48 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Could apply to be contestant and judge? One week I would really like to do the build, but otherwise I would love to see everyone else's. Just tell me when it's gonna be medieval and I'll be there.

Hmm you know what, for you mick the first week will probably be Medieval.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 7/10/2012, 11:03 pm

MrShatang wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:Could apply to be contestant and judge? One week I would really like to do the build, but otherwise I would love to see everyone else's. Just tell me when it's gonna be medieval and I'll be there.

Minecraft Username: mickdude2
I want to do a medieval build, so the first week I'll do it. After that I will volunteer as a judge. This is really a good idea.

Shat just informed that I cannot do both. So I will be a judge, to free up room on the builder queue

Last edited by mickdude2 on 7/10/2012, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cant be judge and contestant)

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/10/2012, 11:06 pm

mickdude2 wrote:
MrShatang wrote:

Minecraft Username: mickdude2
I want to do a medieval build, so the first week I'll do it. After that I will volunteer as a judge. This is really a good idea.

Ok next time make this in a new topic and welcome aboard you are the first builder if you don't want to be a builder anymore pm me and i will replace you. And js, but this isn't starting until 1.3 map. So you will have to wait a while.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yinnamin on 7/10/2012, 11:09 pm

Since you suggested it, Shatang, I'd love to be a judge. I'm not sure if I'd want to apply to be a contestant, though, since me and Grace are still all busy with a bunch of other projects. We'll see on that, though. So yeah. Put me down for being a judge C:!

Yinnamin
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile http://yinlol.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/10/2012, 11:20 pm

Yinnamin wrote:Since you suggested it, Shatang, I'd love to be a judge. I'm not sure if I'd want to apply to be a contestant, though, since me and Grace are still all busy with a bunch of other projects. We'll see on that, though. So yeah. Put me down for being a judge C:!
I did and for all of you that want to be a judge there are 2 spots left open. I will pick these two spots with a draw. A guest has as much chance of winning as an Owner. If you would like to be a judge tell me in game or reply to this post saying you want to be one. If you are a judge you may not be a builder. The deadline for being a judge ends this Sunday at 10:00 am EST. So if you would like to be one you better tell me quick. If you don't end up becoming a judge you will then get the chance to build again.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 7/11/2012, 2:24 am

Tang I'm on the list for judges, correct? bounce

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/11/2012, 8:12 am

madscientist032 wrote:Tang I'm on the list for judges, correct? bounce

Yes you are.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo on 7/12/2012, 5:46 am

I'll be judge

Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 7/12/2012, 3:09 pm

I'd love to volunteer myself as a judge. I may not be able to build, but i'm always one to give some constructive criticism.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I think...

Post by Revilo410 on 7/12/2012, 3:12 pm

I think I'm on the list to be decided but if I'm not plz add me to it:)

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo on 7/12/2012, 3:17 pm

Sounds like a heck of a plan to me!! I'm sure this will be really successful!

bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/12/2012, 4:16 pm

Kevo235 wrote:I'd love to volunteer myself as a judge. I may not be able to build, but i'm always one to give some constructive criticism.

You are added, indeed you don't have to be a great builder to be able to tell what builds stand out more than others.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/12/2012, 4:17 pm

bmx you have also been added.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator on 7/12/2012, 4:23 pm

If there are still slots open, I'd love to be a judge.

Might I suggest a seperate competition of another 6 players for creative mode? I'd love to participate in building, but I don't have a single block of legit building mats, because I haven't played legit survival in forrreeevvverrrrr.

dtfgator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 7/12/2012, 4:39 pm

Yes yes, i'm VERY critic with all builds when asked, but i'd love to judge anything in this one, and also build if i have time.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/12/2012, 6:51 pm

dtfgator wrote:If there are still slots open, I'd love to be a judge.

Might I suggest a seperate competition of another 6 players for creative mode? I'd love to participate in building, but I don't have a single block of legit building mats, because I haven't played legit survival in forrreeevvverrrrr.

Sure I will add you to the list for judging. Also it is a draw on how I pick the judges. About the creative thing, We could possibly do that but lets just see how this legitiment competition goes first;)

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/12/2012, 6:52 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:Yes yes, i'm VERY critic with all builds when asked, but i'd love to judge anything in this one, and also build if i have time.

If you are a judge you may in build in the competition.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 7/12/2012, 7:12 pm

MrShatang wrote:
ExtraSauce wrote:Yes yes, i'm VERY critic with all builds when asked, but i'd love to judge anything in this one, and also build if i have time.

That sounds like a bad idea. I guarentee that somewhere along the line a judge will judge their building with a biased opinion.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teelPhoenix on 7/12/2012, 7:22 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
MrShatang wrote:

That sounds like a bad idea. I guarentee that somewhere along the line a judge will judge their building with a biased opinion.

5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 7/12/2012, 7:24 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
MrShatang wrote:

Probally will, but unless we limit the judges to judge only the other buildings, if that's okay.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 7/12/2012, 7:43 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:
MrShatang wrote:

Probally will, but unless we limit the judges to judge only the other buildings, if that's okay.

Sorry guys I really need to read my posts before I send them, I meant to say " judges may not build in the competition".

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 on 7/12/2012, 9:48 pm

MrShatang wrote:
ExtraSauce wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:
MrShatang wrote:

Sorry guys I really need to read my posts before I send them, I meant to say " judges may not build in the competition".
I've been wondering if judges are allowed to judge one round but build in a following round and not judge?

brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top