Advertisements - Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advertisements - Rules

Post by Croky1 on 6/4/2012, 3:05 am

If Oasis chooses to adopt the Advertisement idea (Here) then may I suggest we use the following rules? I have already postes lik 7 on the origional topic, but I came up with a few more.

1) 1 sign/person
2) 35 coins/day

3) 2 weeks MAX for one user's advertisement*

4) A deposit MUST be payed to the 'nearest' ONLINE Admin/OwnerTeam for the preferred amount of time**

5) The advertisement can contain ANYTHING OASIS RELATED, and NOTHING ELSE***

6) The temporary owners of the advert can destroy and re-write their advertisement at any time during THEIR PURCHASED TIME LIMIT and not elsewhere.

7) Any of the rules above are broken, they shall recieve a temp-ban? (We'll let the staff decide on that one.)

8) Although you may pay a deposit to any OwnerTeam/Admin member, there are specific Staff members that are there to recieve these deposits, and you may end up paying twice as much if you pay to the wrong person!

* If bought a space for 2 weeks, then you cannot re-buy for a futher 2 weeks.

** If your sign stays up beyond the time bought, you will be charged furtherly (as I think staff are quite eager to make some legit money... :P)

*** For example : "Vote for Croky for vet!" and "Visit SonLopinator!" and "Come to my shop" but not: "MINECRAFT SERVER! IP: 1.1.1.1.1:12345!"

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advertisements - Rules

Post by Heisenberg on 6/4/2012, 3:41 am

If I'm honest I don't like the "Me4Vet!" bit of it. Let's say that the advert gets them 10 votes and they win it. They would have gotten it due to the ad, and not because people took the time to carefully look over every candidate.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advertisements - Rules

Post by Croky1 on 6/4/2012, 6:00 am

Taccy wrote:If I'm honest I don't like the "Me4Vet!" bit of it. Let's say that the advert gets them 10 votes and they win it. They would have gotten it due to the ad, and not because people took the time to carefully look over every candidate.

Yes an no.
Yes: A new player (who doesnt know Oasis that well) might well do what you, Taccy, have jsut typed.
No: Usually, members/trusted players and higher get an idea of Oasis, and would read, consider, vouch.

I see you point, though.

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top