Question for ARILEY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question for ARILEY

Post by icarius on 2/26/2011, 7:22 pm

is there a way to host a minecraft server so that users DO NOT have to verify a user name with notch's servers?

Thanks :) this is issue I'm running into with trying to host a server for my family to play together on without each person paying notch 30$ < that's just way too much money 30x6 = $180

icarius
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question for ARILEY

Post by Kevo235 on 2/26/2011, 7:25 pm

icarius wrote:is there a way to host a minecraft server so that users DO NOT have to verify a user name with notch's servers?

Thanks :) this is issue I'm running into with trying to host a server for my family to play together on without each person paying notch 30$ < that's just way too much money 30x6 = $180

I thought it was $20Can . But w/e

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalWorld on 2/26/2011, 7:33 pm

icarius wrote:is there a way to host a minecraft server so that users DO NOT have to verify a user name with notch's servers?

If you mean by using SMP, no there is no way that I know of except for illegal downloads (which are, as stated, illegal) You can create a creative server, however, which is free for everyone to play on. If you ever need help setting up a server, I can help you out in setting it up, managing it, and updating it.

~FinalWorld

FinalWorld
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://www.QLBACON.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by icarius on 2/26/2011, 7:34 pm

same difference it' s still alot of cash

icarius
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by icarius on 2/26/2011, 7:49 pm

If you mean by using SMP, no there is no way that I know of except for illegal downloads (which are, as stated, illegal) You can create a creative server, however, which is free for everyone to play on. If you ever need help setting up a server, I can help you out in setting it up, managing it, and updating it.

~FinalWorld

thanks ill pm you if i decide to take that route

icarius
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saeTan on 2/26/2011, 10:04 pm

Try Authcraft.

You need to set the server to offline mode in server.properties.

You'll also need to copy all of your account stuff in \%appdata%\minecraft (assuming you have windows) to each computer.

Just ask if you need more help.

saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top