Ariley is leaving for three months! Also, new "Owner Team."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ariley is leaving for three months! Also, new "Owner Team."

Post by Ariley on 5/16/2012, 12:41 am

Hello, Oasis.

As some of you may know, I start my excursion around the country tomorrow with the Phantom Regiment. If you don't know what that is, and are curious, and don't know how to google, here.

http://www.regiment.org/

Anyway, this activity involves me not having a computer for the next three months - until August 12th or 13th, to be exact. As such, I will be temporarily stepping down as Owner of the server, and leaving the running of said server to my four favorite kids - FinalWorld, WesleyMD, Kingnothing_01, and InvertPanda. I have different reasons for each of them for leaving the ownership of the server in their hands, but the one thing that unifies them all is that they've been here for a dickload of a long time. In case any of you have any doubts about their qualifications or their roles, I'll make my rationalizations for their "promotions" public knowledge.

Final - Quite good with plugins and server maintenance. I'm sure minecraft will go through another update while I'm gone, and I'd trust this guy to be able to handle that for me. If he has any questions, I'm sure he will turn to any of you players with server running experience.

Wesley - bit of a troll, but we love him nonetheless. Has the best interest of the server in mind, and is also pretty knowledgable with how to run things behind the scenes, and I have complete confidence in him to do a good job.

King - Straight up, great guy. I'd trust him with any decision involving conflicting parties. In essence, I'd say he'll make a great "judge" of sorts for the server.

Panda - Again, another wonderful dude, with the most level head on his shoulders of anyone I've ever met. He's great at resolving issues, and is quite active. I expect you all to turn to him if you have questions about rules or regulations.

So, there you have it. Now I do want it to be understood that none of these four has any more jurisdiction or power than each other. Major, server-altering decisions made will be made by them as a team, and I trust that they'll work together just fine. I'd ask that you all, as the playerbase, respect them, while still keeping them in check.

I expect the server will run much as if I was still here, considering most of my work is done in the background. The main difference is that if you have a major question, you should direct it to one of them, rather than me. If they really don't know what to do, they'll have my phone number, and will be able to contact me, and I'll get back to them by the end of the day.

Always remember... Keep calm and mine on!

- Andrew

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ariley is leaving for three months! Also, new "Owner Team."

Post by lordgonk on 5/16/2012, 1:11 am

:O, well, this is certainly breaking news, I logged in to find Final and King as OT so this is breaking news for me and I bet most. Like all of us, you have things outside and can't be always around of course. Let's hope that Owner Team doesn't let the server burn down. jk, i too have good faith in the four you chose as should everyone on this server.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 5/16/2012, 7:22 am

Andrew, I think these four will keep the server in great shape. Anyways, have fun:)
-Shatang

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 5/16/2012, 7:28 am

good luck on your musical thing, I think you made the right decision on making these guys the owner team :) have fun!

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 5/16/2012, 12:14 pm

Ariley92 wrote:Final - Quite good with plugins and server maintenance. I'm sure minecraft will go through another update while I'm gone, and I'd trust this guy to be able to handle that for me. If he has any questions, I'm sure he will turn to any of you players with server running experience.

Wesley - bit of a troll, but we love him nonetheless. Has the best interest of the server in mind, and is also pretty knowledgable with how to run things behind the scenes, and I have complete confidence in him to do a good job.

King - Straight up, great guy. I'd trust him with any decision involving conflicting parties. In essence, I'd say he'll make a great "judge" of sorts for the server.

Panda - Again, another wonderful dude, with the most level head on his shoulders of anyone I've ever met. He's great at resolving issues, and is quite active. I expect you all to turn to him if you have questions about rules or regulations.

But i'll miss you most of all Tin Man....

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 5/16/2012, 3:43 pm

Ariley, if they burn the server down to the digital ground(Which I doubt will-and pray won't- happen) know that you are a great owner.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top