The rush is over.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The rush is over.

Post by Ariley on 2/21/2011, 8:27 am

As many of you know, due to some freak accident, we were placed at #11 on a giant server list yesterday, causing huge amounts of new players to join up. This was awesome but also a bit of a hassle.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now, because due to another freak accident, we went down for about half an hour early this morning, instantly putting us back down in the ranks on that list. What this means is that the number of randoms joining up will go down again, and become manageable.

Just keeping you informed. Have a nice day!

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The rush is over.

Post by Kevo235 on 2/21/2011, 11:44 am

Thank god. I can't stand the server being as full as it was before. Having alot of people on is alright but having it constantly full, insane. I like to know everyone that is a member/guest and with that many people on yesterday, it was impossible.

cherry

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rush is over.

Post by madscientist032 on 2/21/2011, 6:41 pm

I agree with Kevo. While the change in scenery was nice with the new players, there were many of them who (A) were complete n00bs to minecraft, (B) were completely disrespectful towards both the members and the staff, (C) had no idea what a 'sprite' was, and (D) left because it was (and I quote) "way to lagy". (There was also a helluva lot more griefing, but with 30+ people on, that was a given.)

It also showed how capable the server is at managing 30 players at any given time. But seeing as the server's getting upgraded very soon, (and don't forget that freak accident that brought us down a couple of ranks) we won't have to worry about these things as much as we did recently with the influx of guests.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top