Architect Application Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Architect Application Idea

Post by MrShatang on 5/6/2012, 10:34 pm

Hey guys this is just a short thread I have to say about a nifty idea I just came up with. There is a chance of probably 1 to a million that this will occur but I just thought that I would throw it out there. Anyways my idea was that they should add apply for architect. But it would be different instead of just giving an explanation in saying why you deserve it. Instead, you would have to post an insane design/building that you have created. This would allow people to choose what designs/buildings they like best and agree on who they think deserves Architect. Also I think the building should be designed on Oasis and not your own Creative world.
Some rules I think should be applied:
1: you must be Artisan or higher to apply for Architect
2:The building must have been created on Oasis
3:(Reccomended) Put the best building that you think you created
Anyways, give me ideas on what you think about it.
-Shatang

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Architect Application Idea

Post by InitialBN on 5/6/2012, 11:23 pm

This will probably not happen. People who deserve Architect should just be so amazing at building and so nice/helpful that they can be hand-picked by the staff.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 5/6/2012, 11:29 pm

Now, don't be so sure to shoot down such a fantastic idea! I think it's just what we need as an addition to the forums.

That being said, it needs a few changes. First of all, I think that it shouldn't be such an application format, only a section of the forums, rather, where you post buildings that you think make you an outstanding builder. Now, Before you go saying "Kevo, you fool! That's what the screenshots section is for!" Keep in mind that we can have a subsection of that forums specifically for those who qualify the pre-req's of the rank, such as those who are Artisan or Veteran. It should also be for those buildings and/or sprites ONLY. No random screenshots.

I don't quite know how to say this, but i'll try. I think this is what we need for the rank because I personally disagree with the staff's choice fully in the matter. Maybe some sort of best building and/or builder vote, such as with Veteran.

Feel free to shoot me down on this though. Surprised

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 5/7/2012, 12:51 am

Kevo235 wrote:Now, don't be so sure to shoot down such a fantastic idea! I think it's just what we need as an addition to the forums.

That being said, it needs a few changes. First of all, I think that it shouldn't be such an application format, only a section of the forums, rather, where you post buildings that you think make you an outstanding builder. Now, Before you go saying "Kevo, you fool! That's what the screenshots section is for!" Keep in mind that we can have a subsection of that forums specifically for those who qualify the pre-req's of the rank, such as those who are Artisan or Veteran. It should also be for those buildings and/or sprites ONLY. No random screenshots.

I don't quite know how to say this, but i'll try. I think this is what we need for the rank because I personally disagree with the staff's choice fully in the matter. Maybe some sort of best building and/or builder vote, such as with Veteran.

Feel free to shoot me down on this though. Surprised
\
Now that I think of it, it would probably be best to not make an application for it. But I do like ur extra idea on the section on the forums for extroardinary builders like artisans and veterans to post.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 5/7/2012, 1:55 am

InitialBN wrote:People who deserve Architect should just be so amazing at building and so nice/helpful that they can be hand-picked by the staff.

:)

Edit: 500th post!

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 5/7/2012, 5:38 pm

Well, it'll be impossible to win an argument with Nova on that side, so w/e. Do what you wish staff.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator on 5/7/2012, 5:46 pm

Yeah, I don't think I can dispute nova's argument. It's clear he did some serious research into his response before posting.

dtfgator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 5/7/2012, 6:18 pm

Ok fine, I'll had something meaningful to the conversation. Rolling Eyes

We knew that the addition of flying greatly added to one's ability to create awesome things and therefor wanted to create a position offered to only a select few that would offer this ability, thus creating even MORE awesome things on the server.

However, if said new Architect was selected by server population, we were once again left with a position won by the popular vote and not by one's ability to build great things. This is why the staff selects the promotions and not the members.

You also cannot chose promotions based on a dedicated contest of who builds something better, as the person with the more spawned items will always win. I believe that the staff has taken into account that some members are more limited on spawned items. Therefor not everything you build has to be pretty, or giant. If you make the most amazing mob grinder ever seen on the face of the server, but it was made totally out of cobblestone, you may still have a chance.

HOWEVER. All that being said, I am unsure what the current staff have decided about rotating in new Architects. Seeing as there are supposed to be a finite number of Architects I do have an issue with no new Architects being chosen until a current one leaves. What signifies someone leaving? I was gone for like 5 months then came back. What if an Architect leaves for 3 months, comes back and finds his/her position has been given away. They won't be happy.

I propose that the current system of Architect election remains as it stands, however a term limit should be set. When your X number of months are up you are demoted back to your old position. This may also lead to added incentive as players who once held the rank will work hard to try and get it again the next time.

Kevo235 wrote:First of all, I think that it shouldn't be such an application format, only a section of the forums, rather, where you post buildings that you think make you an outstanding builder.

I do like this idea. I feel that an outlet within the forums for posting images of your works is an excellent means of getting yourself noticed by the staff. However it should NOT turn into a, "pick me because I build this great new giant replica of my motor-home on fire." but rather a means of showing to others the amazing things you have made. I also thoroughly enjoy perusing other people's works.

-Nova

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang on 5/7/2012, 6:23 pm

Nova I think that is a good idea. Lets say if we did have the idea Kevo brought up about the new section on the forums. I really think that would be a good idea not for just showing your builds, but also a place for constructive critism. You'd be able to hear what people like about it and what you should add to your designs. I think doing this will bring the community together and help eachother out.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 5/7/2012, 6:26 pm

Kevo235 wrote:Well, it'll be impossible to win an argument with Nova on that side, so w/e. Do what you wish staff.

I am not currently staff, and while I would hope that they would value my opinion, I also hope that they would not value it any more than your's or someone else's. You are a member as much as I am.

When I WAS staff, I always asked that people bring their ideas to me no matter what. You cannot run a server for the members and ignore their suggestions on how to improve things. And while not every suggestion can be implemented, some may and posting your opinions on the forums opens up your idea for discussion and reflection.

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 5/7/2012, 6:28 pm

MrShatang wrote:Nova I think that is a good idea. Lets say if we did have the idea Kevo brought up about the new section on the forums. I really think that would be a good idea not for just showing your builds, but also a place for constructive critism. You'd be able to hear what people like about it and what you should add to your designs. I think doing this will bring the community together and help eachother out.

I completely agree. This is good positive thinking.

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 5/7/2012, 6:31 pm

Not sure if too many TL;DR or Good Conversation.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 on 5/7/2012, 6:34 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:Not sure if too many TL;DR or Good Conversation.

Yeah, I never do TL;DRs. If someone doesn't want to take the time to read it, they obviously don't really care about the topic enough for me to summarize.

P.S.: It's good conversation!

Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top