Some Staff want a new map we dont need

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by vampiresfire on 4/6/2012, 10:18 pm

To the best of my understanding and the understanding of the staff i have spoken with our current map has some plugin issues that caused some glitches on the current map. But getting a new map will not fix these issues. As a certain staff member explained to me the main reason staff want a new map is because of the history behind the map meaning that it was once a dev map and was kinda thrown together. Of course currently the spawn looks a lot better and as staff have demonstrated they can improve the spawn if they want to. Furthermore the plugin issues can also be fixed or resolved on the current map. In short to wipe the progress of every player on the server just because the current map has a bad history seems to be a gross overreaction from my perspective now it would be understandable if it was needed but staff have explained that it is not needed just wanted. It seems to me it would require much less effort to improve on what we already have rather than start fresh.



Last edited by vampiresfire on 4/6/2012, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : California, United states

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by Kabooseman756 on 4/6/2012, 10:21 pm

well said, my friend, well said

Kabooseman756
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

For example

Post by vampiresfire on 4/6/2012, 10:31 pm

Staff could add the shop area leagle built and just use a warp rather than MV
if the problem with MV cant be resolved it can be removed
Admin Shop
Nether shop
im sure staff have more ideas as well



vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : California, United states

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by commander_chair on 4/6/2012, 11:03 pm

We could stay on this map and fix it from here but there is a huge want for a new map. Reasons being is a new spawn would be great and the probability of fixing glitches on this map are fairly low without a new map. This is because we need to delete all our plugins/mods and re-download the ones we use. half the plugins we have we don't use and are probably the reason with our problems because they do not go with(or compatible) with other plugins that are necessary. All around a new map is a fresh start and this map was a mess from the beginning.Sometimes you have to destroy what you have to get to a better place.

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1038
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : Indianapolis IN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

@commander

Post by vampiresfire on 4/6/2012, 11:26 pm

When you say Huge want i just think about the small amount of staff members who do in fact want a new map compared to all the players on oasis for whom the only glitch is the login one which would presumably be fixed by removing the MV plugin. and the spawn would still look great on the current map if staff so desire they can build the spawn on this map and set it as the new spawn. And the plugins which need to be removed and re downloaded will need to be regardless of if its this map or another one. and really "sometimes u need to destroy what you have to get a better place." When my computer is having issues i do not toss it out the window i have it fixed.

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : California, United states

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by BroadStreetBully on 4/6/2012, 11:42 pm

commander_chair wrote:Sometimes you have to destroy what you have to get to a better place.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this map.

vampiresfire wrote:When my computer is having issues i do not toss it out the window i have it fixed.

Well, that may be true if the computer has a small problems or virus, etc. But if the processor and motherboard are broke, it's outdated, and whatever else, would it really be worth trying to fix the computer that isn't even that good in the first place, or get a better one to replace it?

I understand where you're coming from, but it's just not worth the trouble to fix this map when an update is looming in a matter of days. Also, most, if not all, staff are agreeing on a map change.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 1016
Location : PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

@Broad

Post by vampiresfire on 4/6/2012, 11:50 pm

im all for a map change if we NEED like we did when jungle biomes were added but it sounds a lot like its WANT rather than need. and while you may agree with chair you did not address any of the points or explain why a new map is needed. So it still sounds a lot like the current map could be fixed with the same effort it would require to get a new map up and running without the added negative of wiping everyones progress.

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : California, United states

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by J8cob1 on 4/7/2012, 1:08 am

Well, I understand your reasoning, but truth be told, I want a new map. No offense, but this new map is worse than many of the other maps I have played on. For example, at least in my opinion, the swamp biome that spawn is on just looks kind of ugly. A new map does erase players' work, but it usually gives way to new opportunity for better buildings, shops, etc. And it does also clean the herps and derps of plugin glitches.

J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 330
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 21
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by ExtraSauce on 4/7/2012, 6:56 am

I still want the buildings around spawn, followed by a large building clear area, like in Leagle's Spawn, that was awesome.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2011-04-29
Location : Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by Heisenberg on 4/7/2012, 7:26 am

I don't want a new map because it will magically fix everything, I want one because tbh, this one looks crap. Everywhere you go you have a griefed building or something that's half finished. Not only does this look bad, it looks like griefing is allowed and people get away with it. Either we go around flattening every single griefed house in the map (and cause lots of butthurt), or start fresh, get a working rollback system, and have a good spawn with a large protection radius.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 19
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by mickdude2 on 4/7/2012, 2:07 pm

BroadStreetBully wrote:
commander_chair wrote:Sometimes you have to destroy what you have to get to a better place.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this map.

vampiresfire wrote:When my computer is having issues i do not toss it out the window i have it fixed.

Well, that may be true if the computer has a small problems or virus, etc. But if the processor and motherboard are broke, it's outdated, and whatever else, would it really be worth trying to fix the computer that isn't even that good in the first place, or get a better one to replace it?

I understand where you're coming from, but it's just not worth the trouble to fix this map when an update is looming in a matter of days. Also, most, if not all, staff are agreeing on a map change.

I agree with both as well, but more so with point 2. Theres only a certain point you can fix something before youre patching patches.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Staff want a new map we dont need

Post by Davidmich on 4/7/2012, 4:38 pm

Taccypoo wrote:I don't want a new map because it will magically fix everything, I want one because tbh, this one looks crap. Everywhere you go you have a griefed building or something that's half finished. Not only does this look bad, it looks like griefing is allowed and people get away with it. Either we go around flattening every single griefed house in the map (and cause lots of butthurt), or start fresh, get a working rollback system, and have a good spawn with a large protection radius.

^ This

I am in favor of a new temp map too.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1337
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum