The most important Rank

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The most important Rank

Post by vampiresfire on 3/27/2012, 8:08 pm

Guests are the most important people on oasis because they are the future of the server. Some of the older players sometimes say things like the best times on oasis are behind us or talk about that one old member who quit and never came back. The fact of the matter is mine craft is a novelty that we will all get board of one day or to rephrase the players who have been here the longest will probably get board of mine craft sooner than the new guest who has decided to stay on oasis. So given minecraft is something that will not last forever the guest is the most important person because they have the longest future on the server ahead of them. So then the logical step is to make the server as appealing as possible for the brand new player to ensure the continuity of oasis. Some of the things that are immediately apparent as barriers to allowing the guest into the community is the lengthy process we ask them to go threw to become members which will be simplified with the next patch given links can be posted in chat but until then there are other things that can be done to remove that barrier to entry. i could drone on more about what could and should be done but i need to also talk about the older members who are still interested in minecraft. As a older player who presumably knows about the server it is their duty to strive to make the oasis experience as desirable as possible for the new member not just to ensure the continuity of the server but to repay the debt they carry from when a more experienced player showed them the ropes for no1 starts mine craft as a expert and i can already see people posting about the wiki or youtube but that does not exclude them you simply owe the debt to the person who passed on the info and the best way to repay the debt is to pass that info on to others. But as the server leadership decide on policy and the like they are crafting the very experience future players will enjoy and therefor should not think only think of the old and perhaps slightly inactive player but the guest for the guest will be there longer and will inherit what is left behind by the old guard. Truly it is easy to say the staff or vets are the most important because they are good to the community but even these players where once guests and this is why the guest is most important in short they are the very life of the server and without them the server will decay and become nothing with time.

So given the above observation i ask all who take the time to read this think about it the next time they see the message asking them to make a new member feel welcome on the server. on a side note the message is not just the start of a challenge to see you can say "welcome new member" or who can instruct them to read the rules or type /kit stonekit it is a plea to make this new member want to stay on oasis and be apart of our community. lol rereading this post maybe it should've gone under the rant section but i think this is the most important conversation we can have about the server.

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The most important Rank

Post by CommanderAJ13 on 3/27/2012, 9:38 pm

Gotta say, guest may be the most "important" but Trusted is where I have the most epic memories!

CommanderAJ13
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/AJThePyro13

Back to top Go down

Post by mefabe on 3/28/2012, 7:49 am

CommanderAJ13 wrote:Gotta say, guest may be the most "important" but Trusted is where I have the most epic memories!

I agree. My time as trusted just came, went, came back, then went back again.. Always Topsy Turvy. Oh well, I'm still proud of how I changed since then. And I gotta say, Intengent really encouraged me to act more mature, rather then all the staff members yelling "Shuddap" (and I'm not saying it's still happening)

mefabe
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 3/28/2012, 11:31 am

tl;dr

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/28/2012, 2:56 pm

Meh, I personally think that guests are the most important by numbers, but some staff ranks are the most important in the terms of keeping the server running so that we even have guests to interact with.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 3/28/2012, 8:57 pm

mefabe wrote:
CommanderAJ13 wrote:Gotta say, guest may be the most "important" but Trusted is where I have the most epic memories!

I agree. My time as trusted just came, went, came back, then went back again.. Always Topsy Turvy. Oh well, I'm still proud of how I changed since then. And I gotta say, Intengent really encouraged me to act more mature, rather then all the staff members yelling "Shuddap" (and I'm not saying it's still happening)

Do you mean to tell me that some day in the future everyone will stop yelling at me? or at least not as much???

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle on 3/28/2012, 9:18 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Do you mean to tell me that some day in the future everyone will stop yelling at me? or at least not as much???
Depends on your own attitude and behavior.

Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://nigge.rs/id/loadsamoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jawell on 3/29/2012, 2:15 am

vampiresfire wrote:So given the above observation i ask all who take the time to read this think about it the next time they see the message asking them to make a new member feel welcome on the server. on a side note the message is not just the start of a challenge to see you can say "welcome new member" or who can instruct them to read the rules or type /kit stonekit it is a plea to make this new member want to stay on oasis and be apart of our community. lol rereading this post maybe it should've gone under the rant section but i think this is the most important conversation we can have about the server.

i remember back when people did that...it was on an actual permanent map where it didn't change every update...
trusted and up = most important to me...because they're trusted with fiery stuff, around half guests are either potential, nice, and or just awesome, the other half-ish are liars, griefers, or just mean, the remaining sum are somewhere in between, i was one of those :/

Jawell
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Location : Swag Mountain, Oklahoma (I hope I spelled Oklahoma right)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

@Jawell

Post by vampiresfire on 3/29/2012, 4:12 am

I agree but if we were to discount guests and just ignore them we wouldn't find those diamonds in the rough who later become trusted or higher ranked

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda on 3/29/2012, 8:13 am

I don't think that there's really any rank of significant importance over others.

Without guests, trusted, etc there would be no server community to play with.
Without guides, mods, and admins there wouldn't be anything to manage the server.

It's a system where everyone coincides with each other to make the server work.

InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole on 3/29/2012, 12:18 pm

InvertPanda wrote:I don't think that there's really any rank of significant importance over others.

Without guests, trusted, etc there would be no server community to play with.
Without guides, mods, and admins there wouldn't be anything to manage the server.

It's a system where everyone coincides with each other to make the server work.

have to agree here..

though... honestly i think members are more important the guests..

guests will come and go (very often), but members are the ones who have basically said that they want to stay. I see guests more like people who are "testing" the server

but all in all, all ranks are around the same..

dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/29/2012, 2:42 pm

Depends on what you specfiy 'significant' as.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jawell on 3/29/2012, 3:07 pm

vampiresfire wrote:I agree but if we were to discount guests and just ignore them we wouldn't find those diamonds in the rough who later become trusted or higher ranked
not true, i was ignored in my first few months of oasis, i was here since the map before chairwell mansion with the fake nether and everything, like 2 people knew about me at most and i'm fine now, not saying we should ignore guests, we should give them some attention and guidance at the very least, but that's not always the case as to bringing up potential members

Jawell
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Location : Swag Mountain, Oklahoma (I hope I spelled Oklahoma right)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/29/2012, 4:12 pm

I agree with vampiresfire actually. I see a lot of potential in the guests. They're the only ones I actually vouch for anymore unless i've got a very good reason to.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top