Personal encounter with greifing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Personal encounter with greifing

Post by vampiresfire on 2/11/2012, 8:13 pm

As some of the community are aware i built a sizable farm containing a few different animals and crops. Recently a player stumbled onto my farm and farmed a good portion of my cows, chicken, trees, melon and wheat. At first i was rather upset at this player and even took screenshots in preparation to try and get him banned. But after the player offered to give me back all of the farmed items plus some items he had obtained on his own as a further apology i remembered my thoughts on the griefer duality where i spoke about malicious griefers and ignorant griefers. I might just be naive but i am inclined to think this particular player falls into the ignorant category and therefor should be shown mercy rather than exiled or even punished. Furthermore i learned root problem and that it has a simple solution; this players younger (educated guess) brother had been taking over the others account when he got up to do other things like take out the trash in this case. i explained to the younger the brother his actions were hurting his brothers standing in the community and i recommended to the older the brother that he log out of minecraft completely rather than go afk to prevent future problems. both brothers seemed very understanding and willing to capitulate. Therefore in light of this i request the player CamperChris not receive any punishment for his actions against my farm. I list his name because the acting mod leagle mentioned this was the second time his account did something like this; furthermore i posted this post because the account owner was unfamiliar with the online forums and therefor unable to defend himself. However the account owner is not completely free of responsibility for his own accounts actions it is for this reason i only ask that he been shown mercy for the damage done to me and only me for the older brother knew what the younger did was wrong and he has promised to take steps to prevent the younger from using his account in the future.

Thank you for your time,
Vampiresfire

P.S. Also wanted to thank leagle again for fixing the damage done to my farm you were a massive help especially given how paranoid i have been about exactly this sort of thing happening.

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal encounter with greifing

Post by mickdude2 on 2/11/2012, 8:24 pm

That was the nicest thing anyone has ever done on oasis(my opinion). You have saved two people from being banned today. I too feel guilty everytime I see someone banned for griefing. It's just that there must be a reason, and the staff don't bother too ask. It's not their job.

You're one act of kindness has a ripple effect through the community. I will be more forgiving and more unwilling to persue action(ban). Way to be a good community member.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top