Pyropanda and Clientside Mods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pyropanda and Clientside Mods?

Post by Kevo235 on 1/26/2012, 10:16 pm

This is a thread showing the use of a coloured text mod or something used by pyropanda. I wasn't sure if it was against the rules, but impersonation of a staff member, or the server is not something to take lightly in my opinion. Also, it was general knowledge that impersonating Notch is not acceptable on oasis according to InitialBN and BroadStreetBully.

Screenies:

He acted like Notch and the Server. This, if left unattended, can cause major problems.
I'm pretty sure this is a clientside mod.

The Server Rules wrote:Allowed:
ClientSide Mini Maps
Optifine
Better Chat (Note: abusing the hot-key feature is considered spam, and will be punishable like such).

It is not in the allowed mods list, and is therefor breaking Section XII of the rules.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pyropanda and Clientside Mods?

Post by lordgonk on 1/28/2012, 1:42 pm

When I see these things I wonder, did it harm anyone? No, people more thought hey that's pretty cool. I mean it's not much of a spam, just a blank followed by Notch joined the game, now if it is used as a way to imitate a member of our community, then that's griefing. Another case if this action is repeated many times it is a larger offense. In this case I believe that since it affected nobody it shouldn't be a break tot eh rules. Also, mods are banned because they can give advantages, when a mod doesn't really give an advantage I think it shouldn't be a banned mod.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda on 1/28/2012, 2:06 pm

Impersonating someone else in the community isn't griefing at all. In this instance, it didn't cause any problems, however, it easily could have. Not saying that pyro would or not, but say an individual was impersonating the server, that could easily lead to miscommunications to other members and cause a whole new world of problems.

InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 1/29/2012, 4:31 pm

I didn't expect action to be taken, I was just really bringing it into the forefront of the server not to believe that Notch joins or that Server is actually server.

Although, using the colour would make it very easy to make it seem like anyone, including admins or owners, say something. That could cause catastrophic results.

Pyro, you're a pretty cool guy, but don't use this to your advantage.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top