Just wondering

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just wondering

Post by vordwann on 1/18/2012, 6:43 am

#justrealizedthatthepeoplemakethegamenotthegameitself

I learned the good side of this from WoW in 1 month :)

You can learn the bad side of this from Xbox live in 1 minute.

vordwann
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 1/18/2012, 8:20 pm

I figure that you guys would come to these conclusions, or already have, but i'll state them anyway.
THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, AND I AM GUILTY OF SOME OF THEM AS WELL.

1. Regular Users>Staff. More specifically the users needs are more than the staff can handle. No offense to staff, but there are too many problems and not enough problem-solvers. This is directly linked to to point #2.

2. Solve you own problems! The people of Oasis must learn that they're problems are they're problems. Illegal activities should be reported, but that guy loitering outside your door?He's your problem.

3. The staff Crisis. This isn't against the current staff at all. With point #1, not enough staff, theres also not enough future staff. So we cannot promote people to staff just to fill a quota, but promote quality people and that is why it takes so long to be promoted. This is also why promos are once a month, to keep more staff in the business.

4. Human Feelings. Sometimes, people want a break from MC. This happens from stuff like Star Wars the Old Republic like CommanderChair said(or Skyrim, in my case) or just a loss in interest. Getting all on someone's back just cause they weren't on for some months or so is annoying and uncool.

5. Interactive Building. Make the people of Oasis feel as though they helped build the server and maintain it. A sense of community pride will work wonders as far as community issues. So things like an impressive spawn, games, and forums give purpose.(A griefhouse sounds great, but i don't know what that is. What is it?)

6. Finally, and most important, is the fact that we are undergoing change. Minecraft, and Oasis in particular, are in a time of reshaping and doubt. What will come will be determined in 1.2,1.3 and beyond. Hopefully Oasis will flourish and prosper despite all hardships.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 1/18/2012, 8:58 pm

vordwann wrote:#justrealizedthatthepeoplemakethegamenotthegameitself

I learned the good side of this from WoW in 1 month :)

You can learn the bad side of this from Xbox live in 1 minute.
Agreed. I experienced this one firsthand when I played Halo: Reach last year on Xbox Live.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 1/19/2012, 6:04 am

mickdude2 wrote:This

I love you. Oh and griefhouse was and is our most popular event, where the Griefhouse members gatter the materials and build a place, so the people go and grief it, and can stay with materials.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top