Just wondering

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just wondering

Post by Master_moles on 1/15/2012, 6:05 pm

What happened to this server? No offense but why is it so terrible now? I'm not talking about the fact that it's a temp map.

Master_moles
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply: Just Wondering

Post by JBanger24 on 1/15/2012, 6:07 pm

I know right!?!? I was about to post that laddie.

JBanger24
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just wondering

Post by ExtraSauce on 1/15/2012, 6:35 pm

The fact is........

Well we don't know... I think servers downgrade when they become popular.

That or because of whitelist, but nobody believes me, so i will stay with the first option.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle on 1/15/2012, 9:29 pm

Most of the good people you knew and had fun with on the server have left, a new generation came in.
You don't realy know the new people. Or you just don't take the time to get to know the new people.

yeah.

Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://nigge.rs/id/loadsamoney

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 1/15/2012, 10:02 pm

8 inches

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 1/15/2012, 10:05 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:The fact is........

Well we don't know... I think servers downgrade when they become popular.

That or because of whitelist, but nobody believes me, so i will stay with the first option.
Leagle93 wrote:Most of the good people you knew and had fun with on the server have left, a new generation came in.
You don't realy know the new people. Or you just don't take the time to get to know the new people.

yeah.

Can we say it's a combination of the two?
Spoiler:
Also I didn't mind the whitelist but I'm one of those people who would see "whitelist enabled" and skip it. That's how I landed on Oasis, btw. First non-whitelisted server (at the time) on the minestatus list. And that was a year ago, too.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 1/16/2012, 10:55 am

Yeah it is horrible actually. I couldn't get on for the past two days! And isn't it a little cocky to say that Oasis is popular? I know it is, but it seems a little big-headed to me.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 1/16/2012, 11:00 am

mickdude2 wrote:Yeah it is horrible actually. I couldn't get on for the past two days! And isn't it a little cocky to say that Oasis is popular? I know it is, but it seems a little big-headed to me.

Not really. I was on for about 6 hours last Sunday, we literally had over 50 new members in those 6 hours.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 1/16/2012, 11:26 am

Imo, I don't think it's any secret Oasis isn't in it's prime right now.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 1/16/2012, 11:36 am

We Will FIGHT!!! And We Will Recover Our Days Of Primosity Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I agree with everything said in this topic, I used to be much more active and that was 1.8 (the one with the water spawn constantly griefed by sponge? I know it was that one). I had joined in the biome spawn and although I was not very active and generally very quite, I enjoyed those days more, into the next map I enjoyed it the most probably because I was more active because it was lots of fun. Now I just have trouble staying on for over half an hour because I just don't enjoy it so much anymore. I feel like more impactful community members are leaving then they are joining.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 1/16/2012, 12:06 pm

lordgonk wrote:We Will FIGHT!!! And We Will Recover Our Days Of Primosity Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I agree with everything said in this topic, I used to be much more active and that was 1.8 (the one with the water spawn constantly griefed by sponge? I know it was that one). I had joined in the biome spawn and although I was not very active and generally very quite, I enjoyed those days more, into the next map I enjoyed it the most probably because I was more active because it was lots of fun. Now I just have trouble staying on for over half an hour because I just don't enjoy it so much anymore. I feel like more impactful community members are leaving then they are joining.

Exactly, Oasis has a very very good community, i think that's why we're still standing, but i think little things that made old maps good got removed and those new maps got filled with sadness... Like the old Spawn city surrounding the spawn in the Obsidian Dome Spawn, and it's sprites around it also. In Leagle's Spawn we did some sprites, that opened alot of new members minds, showing that we were great builders, but still, we forgot the Spawn City, and then evey new member kept saying ''Why can't i build?'' ''Where can i build?"' And then started to spam the map with cities that are today abandonned.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 1/16/2012, 1:15 pm

alright, maybe we are in our prime, because we sure as hell aren't in our infancy, and i hope to god we aren't winding down. So we are in our prime, if only because we can't be anywhere alse. so we must work together to make our prime even better. more ambitious building projects, more projects, better spawns, and such. i think we are a turing point, so we must build to make it a turn for the better. So wait until the permanent map and WORK! WORK FOR THE BETTER OF OTHERS! FOR THE BETTER OF YOURSELF!! FOR OASIS!!!!!

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 1/16/2012, 1:21 pm

Leagle93 wrote:Most of the good people you knew and had fun with on the server have left, a new generation came in.
You don't realy know the new people. Or you just don't take the time to get to know the new people.[/size]

Heh, or the new people just come in and grief or don't say anything.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle on 1/16/2012, 1:49 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:
You don't realy know the new people. Or you just don't take the time to get to know the new people.[/size]

Heh, or the new people just come in and grief or don't say anything.
True.

Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://nigge.rs/id/loadsamoney

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 1/16/2012, 5:36 pm

I'm still here. I've been here for a year. Love this server. I personally think Oasis's prime was during beta 1.5 / 1.6, when we were on the Biome Dome map, with the whitelist on, and were constantly asked if we supported "planes mod". (which we never did).

But anywho, I've seen many great players during my time, and I've made friends too from Oasis. Right now IMHO the current crowd is a good-sized bunch of players who respect each other even when there's the occasional argument. Some of us are old-timers, some of us are new, and some of us are in-between. And it's always nice to see older players come back online even if it's for a little bit.

But I digress. Oasis is still amazing in my eyes and always will be. And by that, I mean it's not the 'server' per se (because part of this is that the hardware has come such a long way from when I first joined) but it's really the players and staff on this server that make it such a great place.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN on 1/16/2012, 5:57 pm

madscientist032 wrote:I'm still here. I've been here for a year. Love this server. I personally think Oasis's prime was during beta 1.5 / 1.6, when we were on the Biome Dome map, with the whitelist on, and were constantly asked if we supported "planes mod". (which we never did).

But anywho, I've seen many great players during my time, and I've made friends too from Oasis. Right now IMHO the current crowd is a good-sized bunch of players who respect each other even when there's the occasional argument. Some of us are old-timers, some of us are new, and some of us are in-between. And it's always nice to see older players come back online even if it's for a little bit.

But I digress. Oasis is still amazing in my eyes and always will be. And by that, I mean it's not the 'server' per se (because part of this is that the hardware has come such a long way from when I first joined) but it's really the players and staff on this server that make it such a great place.

So much this. We lost many GREAT players, which I'm very sad about, but we still have a bunch of great players.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 1/16/2012, 6:48 pm

Madscientist *sniff* that was.... the most beautiful thing I ever read. I agree wholeheartedly. The people on Oasis make Oasis, and the people are good.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajagoogoo on 1/17/2012, 7:36 pm

Why did the older generation leave in the first place?

Kajagoogoo
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 1/17/2012, 7:52 pm

Kajagoogoo wrote:Why did the older generation leave in the first place?

Time changes a lot of things my friend.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amadgunslinger on 1/17/2012, 8:37 pm

Well i got to say, i have been here for around 3 to 4 months, and i truly believe this is my favorite server! I have been here since 1.8, and when i stepped into that spawn.... wow, i was amazed :D

But i got to say, sure you can play a large server with hundreds of people, but oasis has one advantage, everyone is so welcoming :3

I played on some server and heck, not a single welcome, or even a "hello" and then MHR and Tac told me about oasis and i said what the heck.... and i was hooked :D

So other than a bit of lag, this has always, and will always be my favorite server!

~Amadgunslinger~

amadgunslinger
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/amadgunslinger/

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 1/17/2012, 8:39 pm

Well, since i have opions about this might as well give my 37 cents.

First off, I can tell you that the server (in my mind) is not as fun or pleasing as it used to be. This can be caused by MANY aspects that all join up together. One example, is that when we had these super active staff that always helped and were kind to talk to and have fun with. Now staff's excuse is that when they get on after many hours of not being there is that they fix the greifs and get off. This causes the regular players to greet the new players and answer their first coming questions, the disadvantage of this is that a staff member will make a better first impression on the server than a member. I know when i go on a server i have never been on before and get greeted by low ranking guests or members is when i think that server has staff that does not care and the server is not fully developed. This has been happening on oasis recently and is why the server is not in its prime like it used to be when the staff couldn't get enough of minecraft and was always on the server. So staff that are reading this i know that you cannot get on as much and its not your fault. For example (and im not bashing on him) but I remember when Dynamole got admin. He was a VERY good admin and always helped out with the server and was on 24/7. About a month later he never got on again. (he might have and i have not seen him) I think the reason was star wars the old republic came out and he started to play that instead of mc, and then i think he moved to a new house or something....idk. But the point is really good staff that are not on the server is not as good as active staff that are ''okay'' at dong there job.

Next reason why the server may not be in its prime is because of people just getting bored of the minecraft. Not the server just minecraft in general. That is something the server can not stop but can help prevent though. Things that help mc not get as boring is special events LIKE THE GREIFHOUSE! things like that made certain days fun. WE NEED MORE SPECIAL ACTIVITIES TO BOOST UP THE FUN. HOLY JIZZ I CAN NOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. So whats the peoples response? getting on the forums recomending that we should all do something, like a special game or something. I can not count how many times i saw people suggest to do something and i just thought in my mind ''there is no chance in hell that this is going to go through'' PEOPLE DO NOT BE LAZY AND ACTUALLY START THE PROJECT IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SUGGEST IT IN THE FORUMS. I see so many times when people all agree that this one thing would be good for the server and it never happens.

So there's my 37 cents so far if I can think of more then i will edit this post and junk. (sorry for a big read)

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 1/17/2012, 8:58 pm

I see all the rage and ideas in this post, but when people will actually stop commenting and act? Fo'real, not just with words.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 1/17/2012, 9:00 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:I see all the rage and ideas in this post, but when people will actually stop commenting and act? Fo'real, not just with words.
Part of what im saying lcf.

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingnothing_01 on 1/17/2012, 9:01 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:I see all the rage and ideas in this post, but when people will actually stop commenting and act? Fo'real, not just with words.

The people who say it, do it.

a teacher told me that

a good teacher.

Not LOL TECHR GIVE HOMEWRK TEHY BAD

Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile http://TheAmazingBrandO.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 1/17/2012, 9:52 pm

commander_chair wrote: PEOPLE DO NOT BE LAZY AND ACTUALLY START THE PROJECT IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SUGGEST IT IN THE FORUMS. I see so many times when people all agree that this one thing would be good for the server and it never happens.

If you feel something is a great idea. Then do it. Don't wait around for approval.
When the few of us first started Griefhouse, we didn't have any "Staff permissions" until the 3rd week.
If you do something, then staff will see your willingness to contribute and step up to help.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top