Improving the Minecraft Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Improving the Minecraft Experience

Post by Roboterlein on 9/10/2011, 10:28 am

Disclaimer: I do not condone the usage of mods that are illegal in Oasis.

That being said, here's what I suggest for improving your Minecraft Experience.

[1.7.3] OptiFine HD_G (FPS Boost)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-173-optifine-hd-g-fps-boost/

OptiFine gives the user many, many more options to increases FPS and smooth out gameplay than already exist in-game. On the flipside, it also has many options for making MC sooooo beautiful. A few options are turning off the weather, making clouds/grass/water/fog more or less beautiful depending on how you like your MC. OptiFine does not offer any advantages over other SMP players who are not using it. It does not tell you where you are, allow you to fly, or give you items; it is an enhancement for the visual aspect.

I personally use the Smooth pack. I was already getting 90+ without it, now I'm running 140+ on average when I set it to do so.

So what else can improve the experience? Whether it be single- or multi-player, what can we do to make sure we get the best out of Minecraft?

Roboterlein
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Improving the Minecraft Experience

Post by ExtraSauce on 9/10/2011, 11:03 am

Roboterlein wrote:This

You made my life easier in 1 simple step.

Take this

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 9/10/2011, 1:38 pm

This is not a paid testimonial:

I've been using OptiFine for about 2 months now. Before I started using it, I was only getting about 15 FPS. I figure I'd give it a shot, I had nothing to lose right? After installing OptiFine and tweaking the settings to my personal taste I was amazed when my FPS jumped up to around 40! I'd recommend this product for anyone looking for smoother fps, or just a better play experience over all!

ChaosTheoryJRH
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 9/10/2011, 2:44 pm

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:This is not a paid testimonial:

I've been using OptiFine for about 2 months now. Before I started using it, I was only getting about 15 FPS. I figure I'd give it a shot, I had nothing to lose right? After installing OptiFine and tweaking the settings to my personal taste I was amazed when my FPS jumped up to around 40! I'd recommend this product for anyone looking for smoother fps, or just a better play experience over all!

Which are you using? I just got 5+ Fps.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 9/10/2011, 3:14 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:
ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:This is not a paid testimonial:

Which are you using? I just got 5+ Fps.

Different people get different results, It all depends on how OptiFine interact with your computer's setup.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WesleyMD on 9/10/2011, 3:28 pm

I've been a long time user of the Opti-Products, most are from different people, which really doesn't matter because they all are aiming at the same thing, to reduce lag. Back in like 1.2 beta or what ever ish, I installed Optimine, and Optifog or something along those lines, I got boosts of 5-10 fps back then on a shitty computer, so I was happy. I recently installed this on my 1.7.2 client build, it did not boost my framse at all, but it kept them at a steady playable framerate. It basically smoothed out lag spikes.

THIS IS A PAID TESTAMENT

WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top