Promotion of Robotlein

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Promotion of Robotlein

Post by Sainteven on 8/23/2011, 1:20 pm

I made and executive decision today to promote robot to guide, which is going to piss some people off, understandably. firstly, this will not affect anyones chance for guide or for other staff positions, he is an additional member, he doesn't take up a spot since he will be leaving in a couple months anyway. I have been receiving complaints of a lot of greifing around 4-6am my time, and robot plays all the fucking time so he is perfect to keep an eye out. This doesn't affect you players in any real way besides the fact that you are now better protected, so I see no reason to complain beyond juvenile "its not fair" arguments, which you can kindly shove up your ass. Robot is a great player and will be a great help to the server.

Vote for us daily at Minestatus

Sainteven
Oasis SMP Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Promotion of Robotlein

Post by sirporkrind on 8/23/2011, 1:44 pm

I thought that was why dynamole was promoted to guide...

sirporkrind
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich on 8/23/2011, 1:56 pm

I approve of this.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathald903-ToiletRollMan on 8/23/2011, 2:04 pm

This was definitively the right decision and I also approve. When you say he will not take up a spot, does that mean someone else will also become Guide in the Promo's planned for today?

Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole on 8/23/2011, 2:12 pm

sirporkrind wrote:I thought that was why dynamole was promoted to guide...

heh... i'm only not on at those time due to have been busy recently lol...

normally i would be..

but all should be well soon ish

Last edited by dynamole on 8/23/2011, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 8/23/2011, 2:14 pm

Robo's promotion was definitely a smart move.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Blame on 8/23/2011, 2:30 pm

I agree with this and I think this was a very good decision made, as robot is on very constantly you will make a wonderful addition to staff!

Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poopyfacetamato on 8/23/2011, 6:50 pm

i totally agree :)

poopyfacetamato
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saeTan on 8/24/2011, 12:17 am

This is exactly why dynamole was promoted to guide. He is on at times when others are not on. He also, unlike certain people, had to go through the long process of promotions in order to get it, and he also fulfilled the requirements to become a guide. Roboterlein, on the other hand, was promoted from trusted to guide, which is not only unfair to other players looking the get guide, but breaks the rules which we've worked so hard to establish by trial and error over the past eight months. By promoting roboterlein, sainteven has shown that he has forgotten one of the most important lessons that we have learned about promotions. I long time ago, ariley and I made an "executive decision" to promote a player named iAlloy to mod (guide did not exist back then). He seemed like a great guy, built cool stuff and was nice to everyone. Even greeted every new player who joined. Right after his promotion, he seemed the same. However, his attitude exponentially declined to the point of being too good to do lowly greeting, became mean and constantly angry. One day, he started building a large bedrock wall. None of the other staff approved of him doing this. He did it anyway. He placed literally over 100,000 blocks, and even made a macro to place them for him. He hadn't finished, and we did a map reset. He ragequit the server forever, and needless to say, we were all pretty happy to see him go. After this experience, we, as a staff decided NEVER to promote anyone with out them going through the same thing as everyone else who wants staff.

I can name 11 staff members, the majority of the staff, who do not agree with this promotion. I'm sure I could name more if I talked to others.

It is not that we do not like roboterlein, it is simply that a matter of being fair, and staying true to what we've always done.

saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cierte on 8/24/2011, 12:43 am

Not to mention hearing people talk now in the chat the rank of guide seems to be diminishing in value to some of the newer members and has been made a joke now as people are taking it less seriously.

Hes a great guy but its just a move that is completely unfair as ^ Saetan thoroughly explained

Cierte
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

i agree with sae and cierte i have no clue how to spell ur name cirte i guess deal with it

Post by faststang4 on 8/24/2011, 1:40 am

i dont know i dont really agree with this but no doubt for sure hes a good gent but like maybee in a month? of course he will help hes new everyone does wen there new..... so this is my face that im making right now: scratch not Smile no not a smile this: scratch and also this cuz the elephants nose looks kinda messed up: :elephant: enyway back to the point whats the point of a rank if enyone can get it without eny requirements but i guess its staffs problem

Last edited by faststang4 on 8/24/2011, 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

faststang4
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarviNacho on 8/24/2011, 4:18 am

I absolutely agree with saeTan.
Roboterlein is a cool guy, he is very active and nice to everyone, but it is not yet time for him to get a promotion to any other rank then Trusted (or Guest, for that matter).
Once his time has come I am VERY sure he's gonna be a great Guide, but he doesn't deserve it yet.

Come back later, tho!

(like, in a month)

(or later)

MarviNacho
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathald903-ToiletRollMan on 8/24/2011, 4:52 am

saeTan wrote:

This is exactly why dynamole was promoted to guide. He is on at times when others are not on. He also, unlike certain people, had to go through the long process of promotions in order to get it, and he also fulfilled the requirements to become a guide. Roboterlein, on the other hand, was promoted from trusted to guide, which is not only unfair to other players looking the get guide, but breaks the rules which we've worked so hard to establish by trial and error over the past eight months. By promoting roboterlein, sainteven has shown that he has forgotten one of the most important lessons that we have learned about promotions. I long time ago, ariley and I made an "executive decision" to promote a player named iAlloy to mod (guide did not exist back then). He seemed like a great guy, built cool stuff and was nice to everyone. Even greeted every new player who joined. Right after his promotion, he seemed the same. However, his attitude exponentially declined to the point of being too good to do lowly greeting, became mean and constantly angry. One day, he started building a large bedrock wall. None of the other staff approved of him doing this. He did it anyway. He placed literally over 100,000 blocks, and even made a macro to place them for him. He hadn't finished, and we did a map reset. He ragequit the server forever, and needless to say, we were all pretty happy to see him go. After this experience, we, as a staff decided NEVER to promote anyone with out them going through the same thing as everyone else who wants staff.

I can name 11 staff members, the majority of the staff, who do not agree with this promotion. I'm sure I could name more if I talked to others.

It is not that we do not like roboterlein, it is simply that a matter of being fair, and staying true to what we've always done.

iAlloy was somen bloody piece of work when you think about it! Did he ever say what that was was about! But Jesus, THE COMMOTION IT CAUSE!!!! It was hell for a few days, and this was the first ever map reset too from the first map and took many people, Including me, by surprise. Then when Alloy started talking shit about the staff saying they reset the map to annoy us and destroy our creations, he turned many good players away from the server. Not many people are still here on the server that were there that day, but it really did leave a scar, especially on the Staff and Ariley.

Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top