To everyone bitching about the rollback, especially sorrensen, wertoy etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To everyone bitching about the rollback, especially sorrensen, wertoy etc

Post by Sainteven on 8/6/2011, 6:00 pm

Firstly fuck you guys for taking it out on the server. You think we rolled back just for shits and giggles? If you would think about it for half a second you would realize we don't just get our fun out of fucking poeple over. I worked all goddam day on my tower and it got rolled back too, don't be selfish little pricks and realize there is probably a reason. obviously the rollback sucked but it sucked for everyone. Thankfully the majority of players are more mature than a 5 year old and didn't take it out by greifing the server. And to sorrenson, if you happen to be reading this, I didn't fucking do it so don't send bitchy messages to me in game you stupid idiot. To our mature players: this is the nature of the game, people are terrible beings and love to cause problems, we have to always be aware that greifing, spamming and hacking can happen, we reset maps every so often, so you should already know that you will lose your creations anyways. Rebuild and continue having fun

Edit: this is what i lost

Last edited by Sainteven on 8/6/2011, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vote for us daily at Minestatus

Sainteven
Oasis SMP Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To everyone bitching about the rollback, especially sorrensen, wertoy etc

Post by dtfgator on 8/6/2011, 6:03 pm

I don't know about you Steven, but I have been regularly rolling back large sections of the map for shits and giggles.

dtfgator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I get my jollies from...

Post by tlsorrel on 8/6/2011, 6:11 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE when I log on and my entire building is gone! :D

tlsorrel
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sainteven on 8/6/2011, 6:13 pm

tlsorrel wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE when I log on and my entire building is gone! :D

i get that it sucks smart ass lol. But it happened, it sucks for all of us, and we have no control over it. So whining and greifing are not the way to deal with it

Vote for us daily at Minestatus

Sainteven
Oasis SMP Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tlsorrel on 8/6/2011, 6:18 pm

Sainteven wrote:
tlsorrel wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE when I log on and my entire building is gone! :D

i get that it sucks smart ass lol. But it happened, it sucks for all of us, and we have no control over it. So whining and greifing are not the way to deal with it

My ass is by far the smartest. And yes, I know rollbacks suck. I'm not whining. I WILL say, however, that rollbacks can actually be wonderfully convenient if you fuck something up and you're too lazy to go back and change every block for one mistake. So look at the silver lining, folks!

tlsorrel
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley on 8/6/2011, 11:45 pm

also, it happened at an incredibly inopportune time... right after we updated, and before we've set everything back to normal.

if this had happened a week ago, the rollback would have been about half an hour, at most.

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sorrensen on 8/29/2011, 8:41 am

i no longer play on the server and i DO understant you did it for a reason but i was really pissed off at the time and i knew u guys would just roll back the server again
no harm done..

sorrensen
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole on 8/29/2011, 9:47 am

sorrensen wrote:i no longer play on the server and i DO understant you did it for a reason but i was really pissed off at the time and i knew u guys would just roll back the server again
no harm done..

hasn't been rolled back since, dude, a rollback like that is very very rare

dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top