lol I was till I found this :P
Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

My new skypack Empty Re: My new skypack

Post by Shnoork 7/30/2016, 6:53 pm

Ive seen many a player afraid to dabble in their .minecraft file for some reason or another. Youd be surprised
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Espartemos 7/30/2016, 7:31 pm

HeyImLivvy wrote:Who uses default anymore

I find default to be way better than most packs for building both because it shows the actual vanilla beauty of the build, plus a majority of players don't use the same texture pack so it reduces the risk of you seeing something as pretty because of your texture pack but having someone else think it is ugly because of theirs. Along with that, I assume a majority of minecraft players still don't use texture packs.
Espartemos
Espartemos
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/30/2016, 8:54 pm

Espartemos wrote:

I find default to be way better than most packs for building both because it shows the actual vanilla beauty of the build, plus a majority of players don't use the same texture pack so it reduces the risk of you seeing something as pretty because of your texture pack but having someone else think it is ugly because of theirs. Along with that, I assume a majority of minecraft players still don't use texture packs.

I use default for exactly the same reason - I want to make sure that I see my builds while i'm building them in the same way as the majority of other players.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LivvyOasisYT 7/31/2016, 11:56 am

Espartemos wrote:

Good Point
LivvyOasisYT
LivvyOasisYT
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina 7/31/2016, 9:06 pm

Sometimes I try out texture packs for fun, but then I go right back to default. Mostly for the reasons Espar brought up. Plus, I'm so used to default that using anything else for too long just doesn't feel right.

I do like to mess with music and sounds in the resource packs though. I have ones for different moods I switch out as needed.

This is a real pretty pack though, and it doesn't seem to change too much on block textures (as far as I can see). Bootiful skies *-*

Look at dat moon ;u; 10/10 the moon
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenyanot 7/31/2016, 9:29 pm

I'm not a fan of texture packs that change the look of blocks. I have been looking for a pack that only changes the sky so I found Dramatic skys, only changes the look of your MC sky. I do use faithful but it really only adds more details in the default blocks
Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 7/31/2016, 9:34 pm

I always did appreciate the vanilla Minecraft textures, but in all honesty, theyre pretty crap. I like the pixel style and all, its just theres so much better out there. There is that texture pack that was basically super nice upgraded textures, that was cool (EDIT: Ninja post provides, it was Faithful). Cant remember its name off the top of my head. Still, I like my minecraft a bit brighter and more colourful than standard. Sphax is good for that.

As far as builds go, I think the complaint everyone has been presenting is actually the beauty of it. Its legitimate art. Texture packs open a whole world of interpretation. No two people should need to see something the same way, if its a good build it'll look good in its own way regardless. You shouldnt have to worry about THAT.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum