Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve

5 posters

Go down

(Read the whole post first!)

Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve I_vote_lcap10%Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve I_vote_lcap10%Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve I_vote_lcap80%Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 10

Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve Empty Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh 7/3/2016, 12:06 pm

This post has been in the process for quite some time and I have decided that now would be the the right time to post it. Warp Gr00ve has been one of my favorite accomplishments on this server. From its humble beginnings in the 1.7 map to the elegance that it is now has always been a pleasure for me. It provides a place that players of all points of the game have the opportunity to farm coin for use in the shopworld. I love working in the economy and watching as prices go up and down as I work in my own shop.

But this is not the case....

With the recent nerf of emerald prices I had to reduce the prices less than that it was on the last map, yet still I am not able to keep the warp running by selling emeralds with the current pricing. I foresaw that I would have to depend on other sources of income to keep the warp running so I put my efforts into my book shops to help keep the money flowing. This worked for a time and I sold a handful of the books so the warp was running smoothly. However less and less people bought books until nobody bought them at all. What meager earnings I made then are long gone and now I am losing money. If you did not already know, all of Warp Gr00ve runs off of my own coin. When I run out of money the warp will not work anymore. Those of you who are thinking 'Hey! You're a Mod! You can just spawn all the money you want!' I cannot do that. When I started the warps in 1.7 and 1.8 I was not of the mod rank. I had to build everything from the ground up and I meticulously planted and replanted each crop till I filled the farm plots. When I became a Mod in 1.8 I promised to myself that I would make sure that every resource farmed at the warp was 100% legit materials. I also promised to not use Mod economy commands since that would be spawning resources that I would be selling. If I wanted to spawn money for players I would just make an admin shop, but this is not the spirit of Warp Gr00ve and we already have plenty of admin shops.

Now what are we to do about this?

I have three propositions for the current state of the warp. I ask that when you read them to deeply consider the implications that each choice has and to help the warp by following through with your choice.

A. I shut down the Warp outright.

The current state of the warp it is not self sustaining. When I run out of money then nothing will work. Resources cannot be bought and enchanted books cannot be crafted. The warp will degrade to a farm warp that you cannot farm food at. By shutting down the warp I put the warp out of its misery and prevent the prolonged withering of the warp.

B. I leave everything as is and shut down the warp when it finally runs out of money.

I can prolong the warps lifetime with the help of the community's involvement. You can support the warp by buying the books at the warp to keep the cash flowing. However, like the choice above when I run out of money the warp shuts down. With the support of the community I can keep the warp going, else it will have a slow and painful death that I tried to avoid in the first choice. (Last I checked I only had 500 coin to support the warp so its life expectancy is pretty low)

C. I reduce the prices for the resources gathered.

With the last two warps I was comfortably under the prices of emeralds in the admin shop. If there was a time that I could not sell books I could sell the emeralds to the shop for a quick boost of capital to keep the warp running. The 1.9 version of Warp Gr00ve is the first warp that I was buying resources more than the emeralds that they were worth. I propose that I nerf the prices for these shops to be more of a healthy standard to promote long term survival. The shops will be at the lowest prices that it has ever been in the entire Warp Gr00ve trilogy. The cheapest resource,paper , would be less than 2 coins per stack and the most expensive resource, potatoes and carrots, would be less than 3.3 coins per stack. However, I can cascade these price nerfs to everything I produce. It would be possible to sell books like unbreaking and infinity for as little as 100-200 coin with these changes.

This is something that I wanted to show to the community, I do not like just up and shutting down Warp Groove without explaining myself. I love the community and the support it gave to warp Gr00ve and I ask to support it one more time in this time of need.
Gr00veDriftTreh
Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve Empty Re: Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve

Post by Shnoork 7/3/2016, 1:43 pm

In the real world, the stock market is a nuanced game of cause and effect. When a commodity sees reduction in value other stocks see change as well. I think you can work out your economy issue in just such a fashion to solve your dillemma. (So C)

It would just be a shame to see this warp roll over and die, wouldnt it?
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve Empty Re: Regarding the Current State of Warp Gr00ve

Post by OmniTurbo 7/4/2016, 9:53 am

Hmm tough one.. I say reduce prices, it seems like a simple, and reliable solution. Alvin and everyone else sells books for up to 200-300 and they get loads of business.

OmniTurbo
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raybiii 7/7/2016, 3:54 pm

I love the idea of this warp and i would hate to see it shut down. So i was thinking that you could build some auto farms to help get more items from the warp. So when ever a player goes to the warp it will be loaded and the farms will run under the actual warp. These crops could help you get more emeralds and make more money. Also if you need it i could donate some money to keep the warp going untill the farms can be set up ( i could help make the farms too). But the chose is really yours to make.
Raybiii
Raybiii
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniTurbo 7/7/2016, 9:31 pm

I don't have much money, but I'll help build it if help's needed/wanted

Anything, just don't shut it down

OmniTurbo
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 54653blob 7/7/2016, 9:39 pm

I agree. Id help too.
54653blob
54653blob
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down