YouTuber rank idea!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YouTuber rank idea!

Post by xNether on 5/7/2016, 7:33 pm

Hello, I'm xNether. I'm a new player on Oasis SMP. I have a suggestion to help the server grow. There should be a YouTuber rank in the server. YouTubers on the server MUST advertise the Oasis SMP server in their videos that they play Oasis SMP on. They should also make X amount of videos on the server when being YouTuber rank. They should have at least X amount of subscribers and at least X views per video. 

I am a YouTuber myself that has currently 213 subscribers. I could create videos on the Oasis and help promote the server, as well as entertaining the viewers with funny and cool things to do on your server to showcase the potential. Please consider this awesome idea that would benefit both the server and the YouTuber. 

* If you would like to see examples of my content my channel is youtube.com/rocketbits. You can also type xNether in the YouTube search engine. *

P.S My videos are unmonetized meaning I do not get paid for my videos. You can also prove this yourself by seeing that there are ZERO advertisements on my videos.

xNether
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: YouTuber rank idea!

Post by purplert on 5/7/2016, 7:58 pm

Although this topic has come up over 100 times, I understand your feel for a youtube rank. I have no problem for one, but there are plenty of bots on youtube where you can gain 500+ subscribers. People could just use that just to get these benefits for free.

Anyways, enough of my rant, but good luck with your idea :)

purplert
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by izumi4kona on 5/7/2016, 8:02 pm

Just putting these here for reference, since this has been debated a few times:
http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t22934-idea-for-a-youtube-rank
http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t21526-yoububer-rank
http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t23764-youtuber-rank

I've already shared my opinion in the past, so I won't bother reposting it - I'll leave that to people who haven't shared their views on it yet. [shrugs]

izumi4kona
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xNether on 5/7/2016, 8:06 pm

I really don't get why having a YouTuber rank is such a bad thing. There is no downside to having a YouTuber rank. It's just a rank to show that you make videos for the server and promote it.

xNether
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xNether on 5/7/2016, 8:11 pm

purplert wrote:Although this topic has come up over 100 times, I understand your feel for a youtube rank. I have no problem for one, but there are plenty of bots on youtube where you can gain 500+ subscribers. People could just use that just to get these benefits for free.

Anyways, enough of my rant, but good luck with your idea :)
To fix this, we would have to have an average views per video. But of course, people think of the downsides to everything. The downside to this is that people can bot views. But let me bring this to light. ALL of the biggest servers have the YouTuber rank or some form of it. I highly doubt the players that applied for YT rank and got it botted their views and subs. The benefits/perks of getting YouTube rank would be up there, that is a lot of power, but that is why there needs to be an application for YT rank. To prove you are mature enough, to prove you are worthy enough, to prove yourself.

xNether
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Legohog9 on 5/7/2016, 8:28 pm

Just because someone makes videos to upload to YouTube, doesn't separate them or make them any better than any other player. I do not believe this rank should be a thing on Oasis. There's a reason it hasn't been added already.

Legohog9
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GassyInsomniac on 5/7/2016, 8:36 pm

I agree with both Lego and Lina, you've given us a few reasons as to why you think it's a good idea, but let me tell why it isn't. Assuming the rank doesn't acquire any special permissions or privileges, it would be on the same level as guest or member, only with a different name to stroke the ego of the player. Putting videos up on your channel of you playing here is nice, and I'm sure the "publicity" of the subscribers you have would probably bring more guests onto the server. Keeping this in mind, you could just as easily ask if it's alright to record on the server and accomplish the same goal without having a special title. 

You mean well, but like lina and lego have already stated, "There's a reason it hasn't been added already."

GassyInsomniac
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonadeLlamas on 5/7/2016, 9:23 pm

I was going to make a five paragraph response, basically rehashing things said by others every time this topic comes up. But, it's unnecessary as Lina(izumi4kona) posted the links to the other times this has come up. So I'm only posting because there's not a staff reply on this yet. The answer hasn't changed from the other times it's come up. I believe I can speak for my fellow staff when I say No.

LemonadeLlamas
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaCreeper92 on 5/7/2016, 9:37 pm

Also you already asked me today if we could promote your videos and I told you no.. OasisSMP does not promote any youtubers. I think enough people have expressed their opinions on this matter so I'm going to go ahead and lock this forum. Thank you for the idea tho!

Last edited by NinjaCreeper92 on 5/7/2016, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

NinjaCreeper92
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 5/7/2016, 9:39 pm

I will say, this has to be the least objectionable suggestion for a youtube rank Ive seen so far.

In every one of those links Lina provided, this rank included preferential treatment. This time, however, thats not the case. If anything, its more about a status quo. Its up to the youtuber to maintain a certain level of commitment. It asks more of the individual than it does of the server.

I think my only objection for you is that it lacks necessity. It was stated before that all the rank serves to do is stroke the ego of the youtuber and you can still record on the server just fine without it. However, its safe to say this hasnt been like the previous youtube suggestions and, as such, it shouldnt be treated so, which is why I have foregone the typical cookie cutter response I could have just as easily given instead of this.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top