Are These Mods Allowed On Oasis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are These Mods Allowed On Oasis

Post by ShadowWovle on 4/24/2016, 8:40 pm

Zan's Minimap- (The entity radar and cave finder doesnt work on the server)
InGame Info XML 
Inventory Tweaks
Mine Menu
Custom Crosshair Mod

ShadowWovle
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are These Mods Allowed On Oasis

Post by OsgaTharp on 4/24/2016, 9:24 pm

The key thing in deciding if a mod is allowed on the server is whether or not it gives an unfair advantage over other players. You also need to consider the mods when it comes to PvP or any combat minigame.

Zan's Minimap - Has been a big no for quite awhile for what it can do when it comes to the radar and cave maps, but we block some of the features. You should use Rei's instead.

InGame info XML - Seems fine. All the data it keeps track of doesn't seem to be something that is too good and gives an unfair advantage. Unless I am missing something, It's good.

Inventory Tweaks - Inventory and chest organization is fine. I'm not a fan of the auto-replacing functionality in PvP, but in smp it should be fine. Same is true for the auto-equipping of armor. So no for PvP or any combat related minigame.

Mine Menu - Highly dependent on what Mods you are running with it. This mod itself isn't a big deal.

Custom Crosshair - This mod is allowed.

If you have any questions or insight on any of the mods let me know. I just skimmed the pages and looked at the features.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWovle on 4/24/2016, 9:34 pm

OsgaTharp wrote:The key thing in deciding if a mod is allowed on the server is whether or not it gives an unfair advantage over other players. You also need to consider the mods when it comes to PvP or any combat minigame.

Zan's Minimap - Has been a big no for quite awhile for what it can do when it comes to the radar and cave maps, but we block some of the features. You should use Rei's instead.

InGame info XML - Seems fine. All the data it keeps track of doesn't seem to be something that is too good and gives an unfair advantage. Unless I am missing something, It's good.

Inventory Tweaks - Inventory and chest organization is fine. I'm not a fan of the auto-replacing functionality in PvP, but in smp it should be fine. Same is true for the auto-equipping of armor. So no for PvP or any combat related minigame.

Mine Menu - Highly dependent on what Mods you are running with it. This mod itself isn't a big deal.

Custom Crosshair - This mod is allowed.

If you have any questions or insight on any of the mods let me know. I just skimmed the pages and looked at the features.
I would be using Rei's Minimap but the development of it stopped. I don't pvp so it shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking about making a mod pack with these mods and posting it on the forums, is that fine? I made a texture pack that makes only ores more noticeable is that fine to use on Oasis?

ShadowWovle
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 4/24/2016, 9:42 pm

Having ores easier to see via a texture pack is fine as long as it isn't borderline xray. Some people pick their texture packs based on that alone. Just make sure before you put up the mod pack you run it by me or the owners just to double check everything.

I will have to double check about Zan's minimap. I do remember there being a discussion about allowing its use specifically because of Rei's not being updated.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top