Mining Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mining Tips

Post by Epiccx on 1/12/2016, 4:41 pm

Hi everyone! I am going to tell you guys some of my mining tips, or ways that I mine without using any mods! Feel free to comment your tips too!  Also, I am on a mobile device so it is hard to hold or underline words, so I will edit this when I have computer access. I hope you enjoy!

Gravel/Dirt: When you are mining and you are pretty low, and you find dirt/gravel I recommend digging it. Digging the gravel/dirt may take up some time, and it may break your shovel, but if there is McMMO, it could improve your excavation level, and the gravel/dirt may have been blocking some precious ores, ore even a cave!

Ravines: Ravines are huge!  They have many different ores there. So, try and explore as much as you can, and try mining the ores you want to mine. I sell my extra ores to the admi shop, which is pretty helpful, like if you are low on coins!

Lava pits: If there is lava and special ores are around and you don't want it getting ruined, cover up all of the lava around the ores. Then, mine around the ores, just so you have an idea of how much there might be, and if any are close to falling in the lava.

Haste 2 Beacon & Efficiency 4 Pickaxe: Allows you to mine blocks such as stone, ores, and the three other types of stone faster than creative mode! Credit: ShadowWovle

Alright, I know this isn't a lot, but I will add more tips and some methods when I get the time! I hope you found this somewhat helpful. Thanks for reading

-Epic :)

Last edited by XxEpicgirlzxX on 1/13/2016, 3:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

Epiccx
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mining Tips

Post by ShadowWovle on 1/12/2016, 5:21 pm

One you can add is mining with a haste 2 beacon and eff v pickaxe
It mines faster than creative mode (stone, ores, the other 3 types of stone)

ShadowWovle
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiccx on 1/12/2016, 7:13 pm

Alright, thank you Shadow!

Epiccx
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaCreeper92 on 1/12/2016, 10:53 pm

Love your tips Epic! I will have to use them... <3

NinjaCreeper92
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiccx on 1/13/2016, 1:34 pm

Thank you Ninja! :)

Epiccx
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by izumi4kona on 1/13/2016, 2:03 pm

A few things I like to use:

- Most probably know this, but having 2 spare homes is a godsend. I keep one set near my storage room, and another called "temp" wherever I left off mining.

- Bring a bucket of water. It could save your life, help you descend and ascend heights easily, or just help you cross a lava river quickly.

- Occasionally use ironkit even if you dont need it at the moment. Store the excess picks for when you go mining. Same with diamond kit for those who have it. (Useless for those with /i though)

- For those without torchkit and are short on coal, you can break all the torches you placed down a tunnel for reuse. Seal off the dark tunnel to prevent spawned mobs from walking out if it.

Dis thread is neat (J+0+)J

izumi4kona
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 1/13/2016, 2:09 pm

I got a few things you could add as I use them all the time when mining.

1 ) always carry a few stacks of sticks with you if you run out of torches if you use torches.

2) I always carry an ender chest with me so i can store stuff and continue when my inventory gets full. Best to always keep your enderchests empty 

3) most people don't think about it but I use it and its much easier then torches. I use 8 minute night vision potions so the need for torches is removed completely. And that way if they are spawnef night vision potions theres really no way someone can come and take them unlike torches that might be spawned and left. 

4) it's always best to carry a fortune 3 pick and a silk touch pick in case because if you use silk touch on the ores that break like coal, redstone, lapis, etc you are actually carrying more ore then your inventory allows. If you mine only ores with silk touch you can take them all to a safe place above ground and mine it all with fortune you will usually get 2-4 of that item instead of just one. For example if I have 4 stacks of diamond ore (just an example) and I have a fortune 3 pick, your amount of diamonds is recived from mining with fortune is uaually double and up to 4 timed more then you would if you mined it all with a non fortune pick.  So if you had 4 stacks of diamond ore and you mine it with a non fortune pickaxe you get exactly 4 stacks of diamonds (256 diamonds total). But if you used the fortune pick (im using fortune 3 for the example) the amount you recive would be 256 (that is 4 stacks of level 3). I have an equatuon below that shows you what i mean as a math problem

So 4 stacks of diamonds is 256 diamond ore so

256 X 3 = around 768 diamonds

It will not always equal that number because the amount of diamonds you get from one ore using a level 3 fortune pickaxe is random so at times you will get one and some times you could get 4 so somewhere around 700 diamonds is the amount of diamobds you recive from 4 stacks of diamond ore if you mined it all with silk touch first then place it all close together above ground or at any safe place with tons of chests nearby you should get around 700-768 diamonds or around 12 stacks of diamonds if you use this method. I do this with all ores (even quartz ore) that drop the item instead of the ore which would be; redstone, lapis, coal, diamonds, emeralds, and quartz.

During the 1.7 map I made almost 10K on 6 stacks of redstone ore that I made into almost 20 stacks of the item using this method.

I know this was a big wall of text but if you looking for mining tips I'm a "mining tip textbook". Hope this helps

-Thunder

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 1/13/2016, 2:14 pm

Ignore the size= part, cant seem to get rid of it no matter how I try to

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy on 1/13/2016, 2:51 pm

ThunderHorse wrote:Ignore the size= part, cant seem to get rid of it no matter how I try to

Got rid of it for you :)

Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiccx on 1/13/2016, 3:58 pm

Very nice tips everyone! I changed the thread name to "Mining Tips" so you guys could post your mining tips if you wanted to (not just me adding on) and thanks for reading!

-Epic :)

Epiccx
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentSubscriber on 1/13/2016, 5:08 pm

*EDIT BY PAX*

This is considered a hack.  And is against the rules.  If you cant legitimately set it to that in game, then its considered a hack.  The most bare basic form of hack, but a hack non the less.  Discussion of hacks is also not allowed on the forums.

Have a nice day!  Smile

~Pax

OOPS Sorry, I didnt know that....

-Silent

Last edited by SilentSubscriber on 1/13/2016, 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

SilentSubscriber
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCajwveudwmWWcs3b3ItnTnw

Back to top Go down

Post by Agwyn on 1/13/2016, 5:57 pm

Building off of what Thunder suggested: McMMO - Super Breaker, aint just for stones.

Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain on 1/13/2016, 6:34 pm

izumi4kona wrote:

- Bring a bucket of water. It could save your life, help you descend and ascend heights easily, or just help you cross a lava river quickly.

Water bucket is one of the best tips and as said, it will save you and will speed up your mining trip. Say you are at the top of a ravine, you can just jump down and place water right before you land and its 100x faster than just digging down. It's a bit risky if you're new to it but it's also pretty fun :p. Instead of bridging over lava, I'd just recommend placing water and letting it flow over the lava to create obsidian. Another suggestion is to be efficient with your time. It's not too important, but if you're low on time or you're playing pvp or something it definitely helps. If you're smelting something maybe you could staircase at the same time or pokehole a little bit. These are some add ons I thought about :)

This was a very nice guide, I'm sure it'll help a lot of players!

Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 1/13/2016, 8:25 pm

PRO TIP, woah,

Always have wood. Someone said keep some sticks on hand earlier, cant recall who. Nah, if you want to be efficient, logs. I used to bring between 4 and 10 logs mining, basically just a tree or two. That stuff goes far. Useful for an emergency crafting table, sticks, etc. Its ALSO a good idea to steal planks from a mineshaft in case you forgot to bring logs, but of course you didnt, dont be ridiculous.

Hey, lets do some math. Say you have 6 logs. Thats 24 planks. Thats 96 sticks. Thats almost 400 backup torches from 6 logs. Your welcome.

Also, of course, 1 log makes a crafting table, just in case a little something breaks in your great cave offensive.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top