Spanish Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spanish Day

Post by HeyImLivvy on 12/27/2015, 1:26 pm

I think this is for idea but. Im new to the whole forums thing. So yea...
Anyways i have an idea for Oasis. Mad and Espartemos(Pope) said it was a cool idea. But ya know. I want more opinions. I think we should have a "Spanish Day" where everyone on the server tries to speak spanish,(translater is an option) they can also change their skin to look Spanish-y(they dont have to do it) and we do some Spanish Traditions! It would be held in June. June 2nd! Every year! I think it would be fun but i want more opinions on it... Then again this might not be the idea think. But, sorry if it isnt! - Idea brought to u by: PrincessOliviaMC

HeyImLivvy
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish Day

Post by HeyImLivvy on 12/27/2015, 1:27 pm

Again, sorry if it isnt!

HeyImLivvy
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 12/27/2015, 1:32 pm

Not everyone knows Spanish. 

I only speak English and only know line 5 words in Spanish and they are simple words or letters. 

But it's worth a try.  If anything i can open up a Spanish translator browser that is of my in Internet ever gets restored

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 on 12/27/2015, 1:43 pm

I think if we were to do this we should have big themed days for different countries just as a bit of fun. Not sure about the speaking that language in chat though. Maybe make it an option? lol

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedibob26 on 12/27/2015, 1:57 pm

I never learned spanish but basics

Jedibob26
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthMagazine on 12/27/2015, 2:00 pm

Jedibob26 wrote:I never learned spanish but basics
its why google exists, as bad as it is its pretty understandable :P anyhow you dont necessarily do spanish like ollie said you can do other languages (personally id be happy with any language lol) If this were to happen people would still talk in english obviously but the people who arent speaking in english, they wont be breaking the english in chat rule (right?)

HealthMagazine
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonadeLlamas on 12/27/2015, 2:25 pm

as someone who is currently learning spanish (and had a year and a half of french) i think its a cool idea in theory. couple of problems from my perspective.

1. new people who join and wont know about the day. theyll be so confused. 
 -it can be explained to them. i just dont want to discourage new people from staying.

2. it would get very confusing at times. and theres gonna be those trolls who are going to abuse the different language to try to bully others (without their knowledge no less)
 -there would need to be a staff member moderating what is being said who is good at typing fast into a translator if they dont speak that specific language.

3. people who dont want to do it. obviously we arent going to force everyone to do it because some people just want to play without having to translate chat. 
 -if you are participating you would need to pay attention to who is not and if you want to talk to them, id ask that you speak english to them specifically. 

i put things that could help with these problems because i really like the idea. like with more than one language day. there are so many languages and i think itd be fun. other staff please put your input in on this, because its a cool idea.

LemonadeLlamas
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedibob26 on 12/27/2015, 4:54 pm

Im with what LemonadeLlamas said
Since he/she has raimbow writing or color/colourful writing

Jedibob26
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 12/27/2015, 6:16 pm

An interesting concept. Be trippy as hell though. Alot of people struggle with english, let alone spanish.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentSubscriber on 12/27/2015, 6:46 pm

Good Idea, but super hard. I know 4-7 words in spanish. Maybe on that day have a BO for mexican food/ tradition?
Also, possible a name change for people that participate for a day. Like people that are going to speak  Spanish. their brackets are a orange, and people that are sticking to english can stay the same?

SilentSubscriber
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCajwveudwmWWcs3b3ItnTnw

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 12/28/2015, 8:57 pm

Rojo Taco Fiesta Puta.

We have officially reached the limit of my Spanish vocabulary.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magik_Flamingo on 12/31/2015, 5:15 pm

In think this would be a pretty swag idea, but like others have said we would have to do other places/cultures too. I also think speaking the language isn't the best idea, it's confusing and we don't all speak Spanish, nor do some of us(me) want to translate every sentence in chat. We could celebrate other aspects of the culture, but other than that, this sounds awesome! I hope this gets made a thing pls.

Edit- I was thinking maybe the culture or place we chose to theme that day could be suggested by players then picked out of a raffle.

Magik_Flamingo
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top