An open letter to Oasis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An open letter to Oasis

Post by Agwyn on 12/27/2015, 12:21 am

Dec 27th 2015

Dear Oasis,

For those of you who do not know, today is December 27th 2015. Exactly one year ago today I was privileged enough to be welcomed the Staff family here on Oasis. By some luck Paxi and Mad have yet to fire me! I found myself really thinking over what this year has meant to me as I handed out the gifts this year in the place of those who have moved on. Things change, nothing is stagnant in life and that is a very wonderful thing. To quote myself from my own Staff App, “I am not a perfect person. Anyone who knows me can tell you this. I can say this though, in the time I have been here, I have grown a lot, learned a lot and laughed probably more than is my right and know that I am nowhere near finished doing any of the above.”  

To this day this is absolutely true, never have I stopped learning from this community. Every time I am lucky enough to be around you all I learn so much from all of you, even if you all do not think it! In all of your own special ways you have helped me grow into a better person (I hope) and we all had our share of laughs along the way. Of this community I have so many good memories of events, chats and the occasional competitive events like BO, WS and just doing so many little everyday things. I honestly even as I write this cannot believe it has been a year!

Few of you know this: I joined around August 14th 2014. I can remember telling staff at the time “You do not have to worry about me, I am just here for a while helping out a friend. I will not be staying long.” Originally, I came to help out a good friend of start a farm for his town because he had idea how farming works and it was annoying him; this was back in 1.7. I remember being told to apply in early December, I laughed at them. “There is no way you would want someone like me.” I was wrong then and to this day I am grateful I was.

“Oasis is a family, a community, a home. The job, if it can be called a job, of staff is to protect this home and its community, to assure players that Oasis will always stand for what we believe it to be – Our family. From what I have observed over my time here, every staff in their own special way have contributed to this statement; I would like the opportunity to give back to new players the same way many of the staff did for me when I first arrived, to continue their legacy. I have always tried to keep in mind the importance of that statement”

I need to make a correction to this, it is not a job it is my honour to protect Oasis and its community, to assure the next generation of players that Oasis will always be what we believed it to be – our family. The Staff we welcomed yesterday will in their own special ways soon be leaving their own legacies and much like all the current Staff, I look forward to seeing what kind of legacy it will be. I sincerely hope that over the course of this year that I have given back just a fraction of what you all have given me. No matter what kind of day I have or how busy I am with real life, I wish only the best for you all. For all of you to be happy, to feel safe and included, that we do our very best for each other. This road is not always easy, sometimes we all have bad days but coming to Oasis, to all of you, makes it so much better.

In the coming year, I want you all to know that I look forward to making new memories with this community and learning so much more from all of you and if in some small way you learn something from me, then I am honoured. I look forward to another amazing year with this fantastic family we have here on Oasis. You all have your own special talents; you are all such important and amazing people. Never, ever forget that.

Take care,
                              Erin Mc Innis

Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An open letter to Oasis

Post by Mity on 12/27/2015, 12:41 am

Happy one year anniversary Erin! I remember when you first joined xD This letter is very well written and I'm a fan of it! I'm glad that you stayed here on Oasis and not temporarily. We appreciate your help and comfort whenever we needed you. I also want to thank you for helping me out today. You're a very great person Erin and I'm glad that I know you (:

Mity
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://mitychan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiccx on 12/27/2015, 1:32 am

Congratulations for your exactly one year as staff!

Epiccx
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by izumi4kona on 12/27/2015, 2:02 am

Family (L;w;)L
Has it rly only been a year tho omg (LTTwTT)L

izumi4kona
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus on 12/27/2015, 5:28 am

Congratulations Erin! Thank you for helping make this server as good as it can be!

My introduction!

OasisMaximus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyunyoung on 12/27/2015, 9:39 am

So humble too tho ;-; Erin, you're srs one of my best friends on the server, I mean that. You're always willing to talk about anything! Don't sell yourself short, friend. You may not be the best on the team at executing commands, but damn, your personality makes up for it like a bazillion-fold. Back when I was working with you, you were always the one who was willing to take on any task. I'm sure you're no different today. And that's the important part! It's not the skills you have, it's your willingness to try. And, when it comes to that, you're the best there is. 

Hyunyoung
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 12/27/2015, 10:20 am

Hey, congrats on your 1 year! You're one heck of a staff member, and an even better friend. Keep it up! Smile

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 12/27/2015, 1:26 pm

Congrats

Is been fun for that past year and I hope theres more to come

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 12/27/2015, 6:12 pm

Even though I havent regularly played on Oasis since youve become staff, its been a pleasure having you regardless. Congrats on one year! Heres to another good one.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top