Go down

Literally so done Empty Literally so done

Post by jandavey 12/6/2015, 1:19 am

Am
Just
So
Done

Literally, what's going on at the moment:
Too much; I only have one working PC and a macbook that starts blowing the fans at maximum 5 minutes into playing Minecraft. My brother is hogging the crap out of the only working PC and I'm not sure what to do about that. 

Anyways, so I buy and sell a couple things on eBay and almost never experience a problem. But I had several problems in one week. I bought a game of Luigi's Mansion for the well, nostalgia and the listing said the game worked but I pop it in and it's so scratched it stopped reading after 5 minutes. Did some magik hax with my magik disc scratch remover thing and it's fine now, but I wish they would've tested the game for more than 5 minutes when they sold the thing. I also bought a boxed Legend of Zelda DX game, but the box is one of the old Gameboy Advance ones, and this seller shoved this fragile box in a bubble mailer barely wide enough to fit the box. What happened when it was thrown around in a mail truck, possibly crushed by other boxes/mailers before getting to my human home? Yeah, crushed to death. I bought it for $25 and the game without the box is worth $25 and if I open a eBay buyer protection case, ship it back, and get my money back, I've wasted way too much time by then, and the seller might be an insane human or an NSA agent and detect leafprints and hunt me down or something. I could sell it myself and waste less time.

Scammers
Holiday season, a ton of 0 feedback new buyers go ahead and buy things. Normally, if I sell to a 0 feedback buyer they pay quickly, leave (positive) feedback quickly, and don't give me a single problem. Of course there are buyers that are scammers with low feedback, but during the holiday season it's mostly a bunch of new buyers. So I sold something at over $50 and a 0 feedback buyer buys it. I think about purchasing signature confirmation and insurance, but then I decide against it. Did I sell to a scammer? Yes. When did I find out? The week after the item was sold. They contacted me claiming that their gameboy smelled like *** ****. I offered them a full refund if they returned the item as eBay policy desired, as partial refund is not recognized by eBay. What happened? No, no, they immediately claim they want to keep their item and they even want money back. They wanted 40% of the purchase total back. I look up this exact scenario and find out that it's a common scam to claim that 0 feedback buyers will claim that their things smell bad and demand partial refunds... I recognize that this person might be legitimate and seriously have a problem with their product smelling bad, but a 40% refund (and keeping the item) doesn't sound like something a normal person would ask for. 

I'm so done with eBay, like literally goodbye to it

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Literally so done Empty Re: Literally so done

Post by Lina 12/6/2015, 2:54 am

jandavey wrote:
I bought a game of Luigi's Mansion for the well, nostalgia and the listing said the game worked but I pop it in and it's so scratched it stopped reading after 5 minutes. Did some magik hax with my magik disc scratch remover thing and it's fine now, but I wish they would've tested the game for more than 5 minutes when they sold the thing.

uuuuugh ;-;
I really want to buy Super Mario Sunshine, but I fear this kind of thing ;_;
I used to be able to play the disk I had, except for one stage of Pina Park that would send an error. I took it out to try to play yesterday and it won't work at all now... I know it's not the gamecube because it still reads double dash and paper mario ttyd just fine for hours of playtime.

I bought a really nice copy of pokemon ruby on ebay though, even had a working internal battery.
Mi dad uses ebay a lot.. usually to resell cutting boards and things he buys elsewhere in bulk, or to collect little knicknacks that are slowly taking over the basement o-o...

(L;-;)L am hope holiday season gets better for you bootiful leafblok
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 12/6/2015, 2:39 pm

Dont let the eBae wilt your leafs, gurl

-Beyonce

May her infinite wisdom guide us all
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 12/6/2015, 3:05 pm

Yeah those scammers are getting out of control on ebay so i haven't been on that in almost a year.  Last time i sold my prized airsoft sniper rifle and they said it smelled like it went through a sewage plant when I know for a fact I washed it before i put it up for sale and they wanted to keep it and get 80% back.  I have been scammed like this before so i told them flat out you either keep it and get no refund or they get a full refund and i get my gun back as i know they are trying to scam me. Needless to say they never tried to contact me again
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down