Sainteven's modest proposal - feedback please

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sainteven's modest proposal - feedback please

Post  Sainteven on 5/19/2011, 12:18 pm

This is a plan i would like to see become reality but i would like to get the forums thoughts to know if it would have any hope of success.
incoming wall of text

Firstly a new map would be made, accessible only through portals. This map would be relatively small, have a separate inventory, and would not allow for spawning items. the only tools and items you can use would be those you make or buy on this map. tnt would be active possibly. PvP WOULD be on. that is important.

Everyone on this new map would be required to chose one of two factions, for this example lets call them RED and BLU. A member of the BLU faction could only build their houses on BLU controlled land. and BLU buildings built on RED lands would be fair game for griefing and robbing. Each Faction would have an adminium fort at opposite ends of the map surrounded by lands the other faction can never take.

Scattered throughout the land between the two fortresses would be large adminium towers. If a group of BLU players fought to one of these towers climbed past its npc defenders and mounted a Blue flag (blue cloth) on top of the tower, all the land with a set distance from the tower would become BLU owned land and Blue players could build on it as they see fit. To help in guarding these towers, Skeleton defenders could be spawned within the tower, traps could be made along with moats, walls, whatever would help in defending it. In this way the two factions could fight for control of all the territory between their respective fortresses. Small towns could pop up between them only to be wiped out and burned when the enemy forces took the land. All buildings would have to be marked with blue or red cloth so it was evident which side it belonged to.

There could be no spies or traitors or other deceit. wolves would be allowed and encouraged as they could turn the tide of any battle. Players would have to be marked by their side as well. perhaps by armor or skins. A rank system of sorts may be added as well if i think of something good. such as being able to capture the fortresses if you can kill the enemy leader inside. also having each team have a a team of tacticians controlling the troops would be cool. some towers would guard important landmarks such as a bridge or mountain with strategic significance. these would be especially important

I feel this would add some much needed pvp and a place to grief to your hearts content while being fun for all involve. Fighting and strategy would play important roles and would be a good change of pace from endless building. with the coming update maps would play an important role in allowing you to plan your assaults and see the status of the battlefield. minecraft is at heart, a fantasy adventure game, and i feel it is time we take advantage of that.

edit: i realize this is a huge thing so much of it would have to be regulated by the players themselves such as no spawning items and such. what it boils down to is, if you like the idea and don't want to ruin it for everyone, don't be an ass and just follow the rules. perhaps some players would get the imaginary rank of pvp mod to watch for cheating and help out the staff (me) in making this idea work.

tl:dr: just read it asshole

Last edited by Sainteven on 5/19/2011, 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Vote for us daily at Minestatus

Sainteven
Oasis SMP Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sainteven's modest proposal - feedback please

Post  scottdogs on 5/19/2011, 12:24 pm

Sounds awesome. Make it happen.

scottdogs
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Okowi on 5/19/2011, 12:29 pm

I really like and support this idea.

The one thing I've liked and felt was a great thing on this server was the variety of mods it has. This alone would return the aspect of pvp to the game and in a constructive manner and or objective vs running around killing people randomly.

This would be one more thing that would add to the variety of the oasis server and what makes it great.

Okowi
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ariley92 on 5/19/2011, 12:33 pm

sound almost like an entirely different server. it is possible, but difficult. we'll talk.

Ariley92
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sainteven on 5/19/2011, 12:43 pm

also a new forum page would be in order where we could keep track of the current borders and territories

Sainteven
Oasis SMP Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the new idea

Post  cloneman1000 on 5/19/2011, 1:32 pm

sounds like a great idea and this will bring a whole new idea to our oasis rp server.

cloneman1000
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Atomic_Donkeh on 5/19/2011, 1:41 pm

Sounds awesome, I miss PvP.

Atomic_Donkeh
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Biohazard938 on 5/19/2011, 2:39 pm

Ohhhhhhhh wunderbar!!!!!!!!! I love this idea, I want to see it happen, JA! I love you Saint.... Ohhhh how I love you....But in all seriousness I think this addition could boost our popularity (Not sure if that's any good at the moment due to all the new people joining already...Don't get me wrong new people I LOVE YOU JA!), Therefore making us the greatest server OF ALL TIMEEEEEE!!!! *Maniacal laugh*

Biohazard938
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dtfgator on 5/19/2011, 3:25 pm

That would be fucking awesome.

dtfgator
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KN1GHT on 5/19/2011, 4:06 pm

I 100% support this idea. I've been pushing for a day each month where we could go Vanilla, but this sounds better.

KN1GHT
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paintballerrya on 5/19/2011, 4:11 pm

I LOVE THIS IDEA however some sort of system would have to be set to make sure the teams are even and fair.

paintballerrya
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Biohazard938 on 5/19/2011, 4:37 pm

paintballerrya wrote:I LOVE THIS IDEA however some sort of system would have to be set to make sure the teams are even and fair.

How about a drafting type of thing? Leaders could swap members if they wanted... Although that would be a problematic system... Hmm....

Biohazard938
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sainteven on 5/19/2011, 5:35 pm

i think teams should be chosen based on the factions. make the factions something the players care about (miners vs builders, city vs city, sainteven vs ariley) so players gravitate towards a team they care about and want to play for

Sainteven
Oasis SMP Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Biohazard938 on 5/19/2011, 6:39 pm

That would work, I guess favoritism would be encouraged? :P

Biohazard938
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snowninja845 on 5/19/2011, 7:33 pm

sounds awesome i like the idea i would play on that cause then i could take my anger out on people who i dont like

snowninja845
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum