Death feed on/off

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death feed on/off

Post by ThithuMC on 6/19/2015, 3:14 pm

Today, people are dying like crazy. On purpose or on accident, its annoying. I recommend that staff download or make a plugin that make death feed on/off.

how this works is when we type up /df or /df of it would announce this:

[Deathfeed is now off]

Now to turn it back on type /df on or just /df.

ThithuMC
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Death feed on/off

Post by Bain on 6/19/2015, 3:29 pm

It's sometimes important to know when and how someone dies. For example, if you were mining with someone, you would know that you would have to get their stuff for them. Just stuff like that. I doubt people were dying on purpose anyway, and it doesn't really spam the chat as much as the McMMO messages. **YOU READY YOUR FIST** **YOU LOWER YOUR FIST**. 
Also, death messages are a part of the game and they're shown on pretty much every server.

Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB on 6/19/2015, 3:33 pm

Bainbridge3 wrote:It's sometimes important to know when and how someone dies. For example, if you were mining with someone, you would know that you would have to get their stuff for them. Just stuff like that. I doubt people were dying on purpose anyway, and it doesn't really spam the chat as much as the McMMO messages. **YOU READY YOUR FIST** **YOU LOWER YOUR FIST**. 
Also, death messages are a part of the game and they're shown on pretty much every server.
In the case that you were mining is completely fine, because you would have to make an ACTIVE choice to turn the death messages off. And also, we had people spamming the chat with deat messages quite a lot and that was on purpose. And also, the mcmmo messages can be disabled by doing one simple command. That command is /mcability.

AlvinB
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 on 6/19/2015, 3:37 pm

Right guys, I dont think we need to turn death messages off, however; if anyone starts spamming chat with death messages then it WILL be treated as spam.

Mcmmo is an added extra, you arent actually supposed to level up the skills on purpose, they are supposed to happen as you do everyday tasks, we don't mind you leveling up things on purpose, but do NOT spam people with things.

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB on 6/19/2015, 3:47 pm

Ok guys, sorry for double posting. But I don't think everyone here has understood Thith's suggestion correctly. He meant that you were supposed to turn it off for the individual player via a command. So if I'm annoyed by seeing that people die constantly, I can type in a command so the death messages get disabled. But that would only apply to the specific player who typed in the command, not everyone. I think this would be a great idea to have implemented on Oasis because I'm personally not a fan of having the chat display when and how people die.

AlvinB
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 on 6/19/2015, 3:48 pm

Also what Im saying is the spam should and WILL stop now, if anyone is caught death spamming please report it via forums and we will deal with it. This suggestion sounds interesting though, I think its possible...

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 6/19/2015, 4:48 pm

There is nothing that can be done about the death spam. Staff deal with it like they do with all forms of spam. I actually like to see how people die in case i am with or near them and it takes the point out of multiplayer. Also the death messages on oasis are really funny and death spam doesn't bother me at all

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus on 6/19/2015, 6:12 pm

alvinb wrote:
Bainbridge3 wrote:It's sometimes important to know when and how someone dies. For example, if you were mining with someone, you would know that you would have to get their stuff for them. Just stuff like that. I doubt people were dying on purpose anyway, and it doesn't really spam the chat as much as the McMMO messages. **YOU READY YOUR FIST** **YOU LOWER YOUR FIST**. 
In the case that you were mining is completely fine, because you would have to make an ACTIVE choice to turn the death messages off. And also, we had people spamming the chat with deat messages quite a lot and that was on purpose. And also, the mcmmo messages can be disabled by doing one simple command. That command is /mcability.

As Alvin said, people were doing it on purpose, I witnessed it with my own eyes. I was in-game when it happened, and about 1/4 of chat was death messages. It got really annoying. Like Ollie said, staff will treat this as normal spam, and deal with it accordingly. Also, the players that were leveling up used high pillars to level themselves up. These are also not allowed, and they will be removed as well

My introduction!

OasisMaximus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain on 6/20/2015, 10:30 am

alvinb wrote:Ok guys, sorry for double posting. But I don't think everyone here has understood Thith's suggestion correctly. He meant that you were supposed to turn it off for the individual player via a command. So if I'm annoyed by seeing that people die constantly, I can type in a command so the death messages get disabled. But that would only apply to the specific player who typed in the command, not everyone. I think this would be a great idea to have implemented on Oasis because I'm personally not a fan of having the chat display when and how people die.
Oops, I read it as if the command would turn it off for everyone instead of an individual. I would like for this to be added in, it sounds like a great idea. I also wasn't there for the death spamming, but it is really annoying.

Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 6/20/2015, 6:05 pm

Bainbridge3 wrote:
alvinb wrote:Ok guys, sorry for double posting. But I don't think everyone here has understood Thith's suggestion correctly. He meant that you were supposed to turn it off for the individual player via a command. So if I'm annoyed by seeing that people die constantly, I can type in a command so the death messages get disabled. But that would only apply to the specific player who typed in the command, not everyone. I think this would be a great idea to have implemented on Oasis because I'm personally not a fan of having the chat display when and how people die.
Oops, I read it as if the command would turn it off for everyone instead of an individual. I would like for this to be added in, it sounds like a great idea. I also wasn't there for the death spamming, but it is really annoying
Now that i can live with after you clarified it. I guess i just didn't  understand the first time

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top