[ 28 ]
11% 11% 
[ 4 ]
11% 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 36

[Poll] Do you want McMMO?

Post by OsgaTharp on 6/13/2015, 7:02 pm

Hello everyone! I have exciting news! After extensive testing on McMMO and discussion we would like YOUR opinion on whether you would like the plugin McMMO or not! This will have a huge impact on your gameplay and experience on the server so please vote and give your opinion.

What is mcMMO?
McMMO is a plugin which adds an RPG aspect to minecraft. You can level up skills, activate unique ability for each skill, and have unique items! You gain experience by working on these skills whether it be mining, killing, or repairing armor. I have been working with the plugin for awhile and I have balanced and tailored the plugin to better fit the server.

Click the spoiler to see a huge list of all the skills and their perks! 
All the skills with details:

Gather

Mining

• Earn experience from mining.
  • Has ability Super Breaking which instantly breaks blocks.
  • Increased drop rate of ores/stones/etc.

Woodcutting

• Earn experience from cutting down trees.
  • Has ability Tree Feller which will break instantly destroy a tree if you break the most bottom block.
  • Has a chance to have double drops.

Herbalism

• Earn experience from farming.
  • Has the ability to convert cobble to mossy cobble, stone brick to mossy stone brick, and dirt to grass.
  • Has the chance to have double drops and instantly replant.
  • Also have bonus hunger restoration from foods.

Excavation

• Earn experience from digging.
  • Has the ability to instant break dirt, snow, sand etc.
  • Has the chance to drop item after breaking a block like slimeballs, glowstone, and even diamonds! 

Fishing

• Earn experience from fishing.
  • Has the ability Shake which lets you shake items off of mobs if hooked by fishing pole.
  • Has the chance to get Magic items from fishing.
  • Increases the amount of hunger units regenerated by eating fish.

Combat

Unarmed

• Earn experience by punching things in the face.
  • Has the ability to go berserk to increase damage by 50% and to destroy weak blocks (sand, grass, etc)
  • Has the chance to deflect arrows.
  • Increased unarmed damage.
  • Have the chance to disarm a foe.

Archery

• Earn experience by killing things with a bow.
  • Has the passive ability to pick up arrows fired.
  • Bonus damage increases as you level.
  • Has the ability to daze a foe and give them nausea and does extra damage.

Swords

• Earn experience by killing things with a sword.
  • Has the ability Serrated Strikes which makes the foe bleed when struck.
  • Increased sword damage as you level.

Axes

• Earn experience by killing things with axes.
  • Has the ability Skull Splitter which does an area of effect attack and damages mobs around you.
  • Has the passive ability to give you a chance to deal double damage.
  • Has the passive ability to do more damage to armored foes.

Taming

• Earn experience by taming and working with your tamed friends.
  • Has the ability to summon a wolf with bones.
  • As you level your wolf gains abilities and gets stronger.

Manufacturing/Misc

Repair

• Earn experience by repairing gear.
  • Has the passive ability to have a chance to keep enchantments on items you repair.

Salvage

• Earn experience by salvaging your gear.
  • Has the ability to reclaim the basic materials used from tools and armor.
  • Allows you to get enchanted books from salvaging enchanted items.

Smelting

• Earn experience by smelting ores and cooking food.
  • Has the passive ability of fuel efficiency which extends the burn time of furnaces.
  • Has Flux mining which allows you to instantly smelt ore that you mine.

Acrobatics

• Earn experience by falling down.
  • has the chance to have a Graceful Landing which means you will take no damage from a fall.
  • Has the passive ability to have the chance to dodge an attack.

Alchemy

• Earn experience by making potions.
  • Has faster brewing speeds as you level up.
  • Unlocks new types of potions like absorption, decay, and saturation.

You can see all the details of each skill here http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

Last edited by OsgaTharp on 6/13/2015, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll] Do you want McMMO?

Post by Paxination on 6/13/2015, 7:13 pm

Just an FYI, we use to have this at one point!

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 6/13/2015, 7:27 pm

Though I likely wont be there to benefit from this plugin, I do support it. I feel that this would compliment the vanilla flavor of Oasis quite well as well as add that factor of randomness to some of the more mundane aspects of Minecraft. I only hope its not TOO much of a hassle to implement.

I would also recommend some way of informing new players about this plugin. I remember the single server I tried before Oasis, I quit within a few minutes because there were alot of things appearing on my screen that were very confusing, particularly from this plugin. If we were to have something that informed a new player, such as a book command advertised at spawn, it would definitely make for some grateful new guests. Assuming they dont just run straight to a portal.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 6/15/2015, 4:05 pm

Still looking for opinions on this. We will be making the decision within a couple days.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 6/15/2015, 4:38 pm

I'v never tried Mcmmo but this sounds like something everyone would benifit from. I have no reasons to be agaisnt it other then the fact that it was used a long time ago but was removed which kinda worries me about extra lag even though optifine should deal with it.

But i am in every way for this

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 6/15/2015, 4:39 pm

Like Pax said, we had this before. We took it out because it was causing problems. We added it back because we thought it would be cool. We took it out because it wasn't. I find that whenever you try to improve something, a) make sure it's actually improving something and b) KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Honestly, I don't think McMMO passes on either level. It's use on the server is basically relegated to a novelty item, good for a week grind, but pretty boring after that. It's also adding more onto the server load, which I'm always against- better to keep it basic, to open it up to those with shittier PCs, than force players to deal with any lag as a consequence. Plus, server maintenance just gets that much harder.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 6/15/2015, 6:03 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Like Pax said, we had this before. We took it out because it was causing problems. We added it back because we thought it would be cool. We took it out because it wasn't. I find that whenever you try to improve something, a) make sure it's actually improving something and b) KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Honestly, I don't think McMMO passes on either level. It's use on the server is basically relegated to a novelty item, good for a week grind, but pretty boring after that. It's also adding more onto the server load, which I'm always against- better to keep it basic, to open it up to those with shittier PCs, than force players to deal with any lag as a consequence. Plus, server maintenance just gets that much harder.

Mcmmo has come back in leaps and bounds in every aspect. It won't make server maintenance longer (and seriously when was the last time I PLANNED for an actual server maintenance period? Certainly not anywhere in the past month or so). MCMMO is actually updated to include the new blocks that came with 1.8. (last time we were on a version for 1.2.5 and it couldn't even register EMERALD ORE blocks).

MCMMO is also more configurable than last time. It's configurable to the point where we can limit MCMMO to specific worlds. We were unable to do that with the prior version of MCMMO.

It also adds more functionality to the server and the game. Mobs now display healthbars when they get hit. The scoreboard shows you your levels for any given skill when you level up (but it hides after a couple seconds).

Trust me. The plugin is way better than it used to be. But we do appreciate player feedback - that's what this whole thread is for. :)

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 6/16/2015, 12:51 am

madscientist032 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:Like Pax said, we had this before. We took it out because it was causing problems. We added it back because we thought it would be cool. We took it out because it wasn't. I find that whenever you try to improve something, a) make sure it's actually improving something and b) KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Honestly, I don't think McMMO passes on either level. It's use on the server is basically relegated to a novelty item, good for a week grind, but pretty boring after that. It's also adding more onto the server load, which I'm always against- better to keep it basic, to open it up to those with shittier PCs, than force players to deal with any lag as a consequence. Plus, server maintenance just gets that much harder.

Mcmmo has come back in leaps and bounds in every aspect. It won't make server maintenance longer (and seriously when was the last time I PLANNED for an actual server maintenance period? Certainly not anywhere in the past month or so). MCMMO is actually updated to include the new blocks that came with 1.8. (last time we were on a version for 1.2.5 and it couldn't even register EMERALD ORE blocks).

MCMMO is also more configurable than last time. It's configurable to the point where we can limit MCMMO to specific worlds. We were unable to do that with the prior version of MCMMO.

It also adds more functionality to the server and the game. Mobs now display healthbars when they get hit. The scoreboard shows you your levels for any given skill when you level up (but it hides after a couple seconds).

Trust me. The plugin is way better than it used to be. But we do appreciate player feedback - that's what this whole thread is for. :)

Hm. Sounds like a completely different plugin than what I remember. Well, lets give it a try. What's the worst that can happen?TM

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB on 6/16/2015, 2:27 am

I would totally like to have McMMo back again, I mean I didn't see too much trouble with it in the first place.

AlvinB
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle on 6/16/2015, 3:22 am

Yes.

Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://nigge.rs/id/loadsamoney

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 6/16/2015, 3:29 pm

Today is the last day we will have the poll up. 33 votes is awesome and so is the feedback. Could always use more opinions! 

As it stands right now, we will be adding McMMO. I will be finishing it up tonight to have it added as soon as possible.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 6/16/2015, 3:57 pm

I believe at this point the community has spoken. I would just like to say that I kinda see what Mick is saying, though. If we are going to implement this, it is entirely possible that there are some hiccups. As it stands, the community agrees that they want MCMMO (for the most part). The question is do you, the staff, want MCMMO? Are you willing to go through the effort of keeping that plugin working seamlessly despite its somewhat fragile history? If this is something that would be difficult to implement and maintain, it may not be worth it in the long run.

Just something to think about.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 6/16/2015, 4:14 pm

The staff decided before making this poll that we wanted it. I think we can handle McMMO once its setup. I know most of the exploits and overpowered farms so I have the plugin handled in that area (Lots of nerfing). I don't doubt that there will be bugs or some issues, but we can deal with them. We are more than willing to put in the extra work if you guys want this.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 6/16/2015, 7:10 pm

OsgaTharp wrote:As it stands right now, we will be adding McMMO. 
HYPE intensifies!

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 6/16/2015, 9:09 pm

So long as you believe you guys can make this work for the best, you have my full support, Osga. Glad to hear this is happening, Im sure alot of people will enjoy it!

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 6/16/2015, 9:44 pm

Leagle wrote:Yes.

If leagle says yes then it is the right thing to do.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top