Chat Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chat Rules

Post by Revilo410 on 6/2/2015, 8:39 am

Right so recently I have noticed a lot of abusing of the public chat. Now the problem is I am not only seeing guests doing this but players of various different ranks. Clearly it is not everyone, in fact it is only a select few, however; it needs to stop. Many people play on Oasis, families, children, adults, teenagers etc. And that is what makes our community one amazing, slightly wacky family, and what makes us so different from many servers. What we will never do is start changing the server so that any of those groups of people find that they can no longer play here.

This is specifically aimed at people putting inappropriate, sexually explicit, racist comments in chat, dropping F bombs, other excessive cursing or swearing. Not only is this 100% against our rules but it means that people such as younger children or families will be seriously affected and may decide either to not let their children on or leave themselves. Below I quote the Oasis SMP rules on chat: (I have highlighted key areas I am seeing broken a lot recently)

a. Other Servers
If you decide to start your own server, or become infatuated with another minecraft server, there's nothing we can do to stop you. However, we do ask that you not promote outside servers while in-game on Oasis SMP. Doing so may result in one warning, then continued advertising of another server may result in a permanent ban. 
We only ask that you give our server the same level of respect that the founders of Oasis gave every other server upon its creation.

b. Chat Etiquette
Oasis is home to a wide range of ages, so we ask that you try to keep chat suitable and appropriate for all players. Swearing and some MINOR sexually explicit content are allowed on Oasis, but you should keep in mind that it is only allowed at an acceptable (PG-13) level. If someone tells you that they feel uncomfortable with the level of swearing or sexual content, you are to stop immediately. Excessive swearing or other explicit content/language is punishable by a kick or even a ban. Socially unacceptable terms such as 'getting raped' are also not allowed on Oasis. Oasis prides itself on the inclusion of everyone and we ask that you try not to make anyone feel uncomfortable or discluded. Please also note that you must use the English language when talking in general chat. Feel free to use other languages in private messages, but if you're going to talk to the server as a whole, make sure they all can understand what you're saying.

c. Respect
We ask that you exhibit a level of respect that would be expected from you in person. This includes respecting other players as well as Staff members. Please respect the authority of the staff members because they generally know what they're talking about. Also, the use of racial slurs or other extremely offensive language/behavior is strictly prohibited.

d. Spamming
Spam is defined as obnoxious chat behavior and is prohibited. Examples of spam include using all capital letters in mulitple sentences, random letters, macro use in public chat without permission, various forms of begging, the usage of a hacked client to spam or any other form of disrupting chat solely for being a nuisance.

e. Changing Name / Nicknames
If you wish to change your name, you must request it to a staff member that is online. Nickname changes are only for serious circumstances, do not abuse the nicknames or they will be taken away.

As also stated above respect IS a rule. I have seen a lot of disrespect going on between some players lately and it is not going to continue. This includes things as simple as saying "I don't care" when someone says something, it makes the chat a less friendly place. This is a GAME, which people play for FUN, keep it that way...

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chat Rules

Post by Revilo410 on 6/2/2015, 5:31 pm

Bump

::Intro::     Updated For 2015!
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]

Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyunyoung on 6/3/2015, 11:53 am

Yes, you've pasted the rules...

If we're on the server we warn or ban for this, what was your point?

Hyunyoung
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 6/3/2015, 3:21 pm

Silverarceus wrote:Yes, you've pasted the rules...

If we're on the server we warn or ban for this, what was your point?
A reminder has never hurt anybody!

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DialupConnection on 6/3/2015, 4:46 pm

The point was to remind some people of the rules.  They get forgotten after awhile, by staff and players alike

I've noticed the chat rules have been followed less and less,  so good on rev for trying to get a reminder out.

DialupConnection
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top