Collaboration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Collaboration

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 12/14/2010, 12:19 am

We need to build something big on the server so I have been thinking of a collab i figured we should make a mob tower if no one knows what that is it is a HUGE tower that starts at bedrock and goes all the way to the sky with I think 29 floors theres 27 spawning floors a collection room and a place were the mobs are killed the mobs spawn in one of the 27 spawning floors and then theres water surrounding the spawning floors so when ever a mob walks into water there carried down a chute (theres four chutes) into the floor that kills the mobs then they are carried away by a water current and theres lava held up by ladders so items can pass under it then the lava kills the mob they drop the item and the item goes under a glass wall that mobs cant get through and goes into i think one of the eight canals leading under the glass canal it then goes to the middle of the room and takes a small drop into another canal and it carries it away from the tower into a room theres an incinerator behind you with a ladder going up from the bedrock below you to the surface it would be really easy to get items as it produces about 4,000 to 7,000 items per hour so that means no more buying arrows or bows :D

If anyone is interested in helping me with this please post below (and yes this is possible i saw it in a save file i downloaded to single player and tested it.)

and heres a video of it.

and here is the link to the page containing the download and mcedit schematic.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Collaboration

Post by Fishmeister on 12/14/2010, 1:06 am

Good God, man!
Fishmeistercod likes this.

Count me the EFF in! Although I recommend we only start AFTER Minecraft hits beta. :)

Fishmeister
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingnothing_01 on 12/14/2010, 1:38 am

Though i have seen the genius of this video before i do think that this might create major lag to the server from the huge mass of monsters spawning in this major establishment other than that i would love to help with this :D

Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile http://TheAmazingBrandO.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmeister on 12/14/2010, 6:22 am

DO remember that we now have a much better server.

Fishmeister
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 12/14/2010, 12:06 pm

k were starting on the 20'th so if your not artisan rank and your helping i suggest getting supplies as i cannot hand out supplies to like a million people helping me lol but if i have to i will hand supplies to those who are running low or have none but if you can start saving supplies just a bunch of cobblestone is all we need ill supply the glass water lava and ladders and anything else needed so just start mining cobble :D

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Optical357mg on 12/14/2010, 12:56 pm

That's awesome!
Count me in, I would love to help!

Optical357mg
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxysoft on 12/14/2010, 4:04 pm

Controller block > switch to choose what drop you want > all switch off exept Gun powder

Oxysoft
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 on 12/14/2010, 4:40 pm

XxLegendxX98 wrote:k were starting on the 20'th so if your not artisan rank and your helping i suggest getting supplies as i cannot hand out supplies to like a million people helping me lol but if i have to i will hand supplies to those who are running low or have none but if you can start saving supplies just a bunch of cobblestone is all we need ill supply the glass water lava and ladders and anything else needed so just start mining cobble :D

nvm were starting on the 15th iv already picked out an area and the tower frame is alredy built we just gotta dig to bedrock make the walls make a roof and make the rooms it will take a couple days maybe 3 days or so and to the people that help:you keep ALL ores you find that includes diamond and were likely to find some as its a 25x25
tower so more than likely well find alot of ores.

XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingnothing_01 on 12/14/2010, 8:42 pm

Then i must say i cannot help you since the date has changed to the 15th, for i am very busy this week and next week with finals.

Plus i know how much the server has improved it is great yes, but imagine hundreds maybe thousands of monsters in a disclosed area all spawning and dieing... This will create lag

Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by saeTan on 12/14/2010, 9:04 pm

Kingnothing_01 wrote:Though i have seen the genius of this video before i do think that this might create major lag to the server from the huge mass of monsters spawning in this major establishment other than that i would love to help with this :D

Agreed. Although it is a very cool idea, it might have to be deconstructed if the factor of lag becomes an issue- it wouldnt be long before people would build ones for themselves, and yes, dropped items do cause lag. Also, I'm not sure if only a certwib amount of dropped items are allowed before the oldest ones despawn, but if they do, then this may also cause a problem where players who doe won't be able to collect their items.

saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxysoft on 12/14/2010, 10:40 pm

You're saying its gonna lag but yet, when it fall night, it doesn't lag more than usually. Mob spawn around the world at night.

Oxysoft
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingnothing_01 on 12/14/2010, 11:35 pm

Obesity wrote:You're saying its gonna lag but yet, when it fall night, it doesn't lag more than usually. Mob spawn around the world at night.

The point of the mob spawner trap is for continuous monster drops whether it is night or day the 25x25 square mimics a cave for mobs to spawn... so continuous lag

Kingnothing_01
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxysoft on 12/15/2010, 12:48 am

Don't worry, Server will handle.

Oxysoft
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saeTan on 12/15/2010, 1:54 pm

Obesity wrote:Don't worry, Server will handle.

......ummm......

saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxysoft on 12/15/2010, 3:57 pm

new vps. you know sae. new vps is strongz :)

Oxysoft
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jchizz on 12/15/2010, 4:56 pm

Not that strong... the new server will be average/good, not invincible (sp?).

Jchizz
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top