I have an idea... but I need to know if I can do it! (Someone in authority plz respond)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have an idea... but I need to know if I can do it! (Someone in authority plz respond)

Post by Rue_Uchiha on 1/13/2015, 11:43 pm

So I have this idea on what my next build will be after I/we (me and my friend) finish our current build. 

I want to make a maze. A huge, long, hard-bordering-impossible multi-floor maze from hell. How would I do that? 

My current idea is to have a 'floor' for roughly every biome after the first few floors. The first few floors would be one made of stone, then one made of dirt, then another made of cobble/stone bricks. These would just be basic mazes - albeit really large ones. Then there would be a desert floor, a jungle floor, mesa floor, forest floor, plains floor, etc. The higher you go the harder they get. The more you'll have to think outside the box - like in the Jungle one, for example, you might have to scale some vines on a wall to get to the proper passage. Things like that. 

The catch is this - no items. Not even food. It's essentially a timed test on how far you can get before you starve. Although, I don't think you can starve to death on Oasis (or maybe anywhere. Idk. I've only ever played on Oasis). The last few floors will start featuring stunts that may result in falls that would kill you if you have 1-2 hearts left from starving. 

Also, as the floors go up, there's less lighting (until the last floor! That one's a surprise!), which means unwanted but deadly baddies may spawn in the maze and end your run sooner than expected. 

Of course, there would be tons of warnings outside the place (and presumably an ender chest) saying 'NO ITEMS' and 'YOU MIGHT DIE IN THERE. DEPOSIT YOUR STUFF. ALL OF IT.' That kind of stuff, as well as general rules and explanations. 

Before I got too far into planning this thing though, I wanted to know if making it potentially deadly like that is against any rules of the server. So, that's what this thread is for!

Rue_Uchiha
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have an idea... but I need to know if I can do it! (Someone in authority plz respond)

Post by OsgaTharp on 1/14/2015, 12:00 am

I know you talked to Birdie ingame about this already, but yes this is fine.

Players build minigames that could potentially lead to death quite often, namely parkour. Aslong as you have plenty of signs and explanation, which you brought up, of what the danger is, it is fine. Also, because this is a minigame, you could apply for a warp point once it is finished if it up to par.

OsgaTharp
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Looking for extra help?

Post by Fluffy807 on 1/14/2015, 7:49 am

This sounds like a really cool idea and I was wondering if you needed some extra hands and picks

Fluffy807
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have an idea... but I need to know if I can do it! (Someone in authority plz respond)

Post by Grimtongue on 1/14/2015, 12:58 pm

I also like building mazes and obstacle courses.  I would offer up this suggestion: don't stack vertically if you want multiple biomes.  Each level would need to be built in the corresponding worldgen biome; otherwise the biome colors and weather will be incorrect.  Examples of this problem include rain in the desert, dry grass in the rain forest, swamp colors in the plains.

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 1/14/2015, 1:46 pm

It is possible to change the biome of a region. Would be more than glad to do that once its done if its worthy of it. If you dont stack it like Grim says its totally possible.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 1/14/2015, 1:50 pm

AND OMG FLUFFY THAT AVATAR! <3 IT!

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rue_Uchiha on 1/14/2015, 2:40 pm

The entire thing is actually planned to be stacked on itself - None of the mazes will be open to the air except maybe the very top one (don't fall off!) I'll see how they look when I actually get to building it, though. It's still quite a ways off. =p

Rue_Uchiha
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue on 1/15/2015, 11:01 am

Rue_Uchiha wrote:The entire thing is actually planned to be stacked on itself - None of the mazes will be open to the air except maybe the very top one (don't fall off!) I'll see how they look when I actually get to building it, though. It's still quite a ways off. =p

You can simulate the effect of stacking the mazes without actually stacking them - just put a roof over each level - the participants won't know the difference. With the clever use of command blocks the participant will feel like they are climbing up - but they are actually being teleported to the next level.

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

prit t good

Post by mcwarrior93 on 2/13/2015, 9:19 pm

I think this is a great idea. But i think food should be allowed and weapons and armor for the last level

mcwarrior93
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/13/2015, 9:29 pm

Please don't bump threads that haven't been responded to in a month. They are dead.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top