ahh mc wood is kinda screwed up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ahh mc wood is kinda screwed up

Post by ThunderHorse on 12/11/2014, 9:23 pm

i did /i log:6

and this happened i get a pink and black rubix cube log that is about half the size of your player. Zaba28 did the same thing and she got the same exact thing. somethings not right here just thought it would be best to get it known so it can possibly be fixed

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ahh mc wood is kinda screwed up

Post by Guest on 12/11/2014, 9:32 pm

Where you trying for 6sided log? or the acacia/darkoak? Those are 162 and 162:1, I never knew log:6 worked.
The block you have looks like locked-chest, they disappear after a while when placed (or should disappear)
6sided bark logs are like 17:13+ but they only work with world edit

ex----- //set 17:13 = 6-sided bark spruce logs

Maybe the locked-chest blocks are a fail-safe for when the block you entered won't spawn... but trying to spawn fireblocks and a couple other removed blocks won't give them (It will say I received 64 of an item but show nothing new added to inventory), so I'm not sure why log:6 does :\

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 12/11/2014, 11:53 pm

Yes i was trying to get the 6 sided so i typed exactly /i log:6 

(this worked every time on the 1.7 map alawys giving me a 6 sided log)

Then boom i get a pink and black "rubix" cube colored box but it is oak wood just with a odd look. I had my resource pack active in the picture but I quickly ruled that out cause Zaba28 tried it and got the same result and she wasnt using a resource pack (that I know of). She saw everything i saw on my screen on her screen and vise versa. She also spawned a few and i saw the same thing in her hand. For some odd reason the "log" was literraly half your players size when in your hand but oddly enough when we placed the logs they actually turned into logs (zaba got birch i ended up with oak) with their regular look but when i broke mine it turned back into the pink and black box again. I then tried /hat just to see what happened and the bokx went on my head just the way it looked in my hand 

And no the blocks never despawned after being placed

Im just putting this out here so it's known and before it causes problems and so hopefully this glitch can possibly get fixed or at least find ouf whats causing it.

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 12/12/2014, 12:00 am

Lina wrote:
Maybe the locked-chest blocks are a fail-safe for when the block you entered won't spawn... but trying to spawn fireblocks and a couple other removed blocks won't give them (It will say I received 64 of an item but show nothing new added to inventory), so I'm not sure why log:6 does :\

It did that on 1.7 every time with cauldtons as well i had to spawn iron snd craft them to obtain them

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 12/12/2014, 1:32 am

I would think that the problem is not that it tried to spawn the locked chest block but merely that the texture is missing for a block that is not supposed to exist in the normal over-world. The colors that it is showing is a very common texture for missing textures (quite the oxymoron) in most games. So it is most likely that minecraft did not update or include a new texture for this secret block so it defaulted to the missing texture colors.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 12/12/2014, 8:46 am

That may be the cause of the colors but that doesnt explain the size of the block when its in your hand

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 12/12/2014, 2:47 pm

Its possible that youve stumbled upon something Mojang was working on that didnt quite turnout properly in time for the update. This would explain the missing/removed texture and the disproportionate size. I doubt it though, seeing as they tend to be pretty good at what they do.

So otherwise, no real contribution here. Good luck finding out, though.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top