Issues with Votifier on Minecraftservers.org

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with Votifier on Minecraftservers.org

Post by Mity on 10/30/2014, 12:25 pm

On bit.ly/oasisvv I went to go on to vote. It no longer had the captcha where it tells you to click on a picture. It asks you math problems such as: What is 2+8? I answered the captcha correctly, typed in my player's name, then clicked vote. The issue is that whenever I click vote, it tells me " The CAPTCHA needs to be solved. " I continue to answer all of the simple equations but it keeps giving me the same message over and over again. Is anyone else having this issue?

This is what it looks like:

Last edited by AmityFTW on 10/30/2014, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link not working)

Mity
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://mitychan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Issues with Votifier on Minecraftservers.org

Post by madscientist032 on 10/30/2014, 12:33 pm

The only thing I can think of is that if other people are experiencing the same issue, then it must be a problem with the capctha program.

I just checked the other site (minestatus mainly) and it still has the old 'click the <object>" captcha. So maybe Minecraftservers.org is rolling out a new capctha system? *shrugs*

I would suggest trying again in an hour or so, just to see if it was only a temporary issue.

I did not try it myself because I can't access the page (firewall issues), so I can't verify if this is working or not.

Hope this helped.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/30/2014, 5:04 pm

That one would not work for me yesterday. And it wasnt the capchta. I had the point and click at the images thing. It went fine. It just told me that I had already voted and couldnt vote again.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agwyn on 10/30/2014, 5:25 pm

I'll toss my data in the ring - I haven't had any issues (voted around 2EST today, PC at Home). Mine has always been pic Capatcha. However, around the 6-9th of October, that site basically told me - 'Nope, no votes for you'. It consistently told me I'd already voted. Cleared up around the 10th, been fine ever since. I remember Nos saying sometime in October it wouldn't let him vote, then stopped. Might have something to do with sheer amount of players voting on the site possibly? I don't know, I just figure it will sort itself soon.

Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mity on 10/30/2014, 6:20 pm

I followed what Mad said, I waited an hour later now it is back to the pic captcha. I'm no longer having issues. Thanks!

Mity
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://mitychan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/30/2014, 9:11 pm

Agwyn wrote:I'll toss my data in the ring - I haven't had any issues (voted around 2EST today, PC at Home). Mine has always been pic Capatcha. However, around the 6-9th of October, that site basically told me - 'Nope, no votes for you'. It consistently told me I'd already voted. Cleared up around the 10th, been fine ever since. I remember Nos saying sometime in October it wouldn't let him vote, then stopped. Might have something to do with sheer amount of players voting on the site possibly? I don't know, I just figure it will sort itself soon.

If you and nos are voting from the same IP address, it could be that.
I have to vote on a separate ip address from my cousin who's living with me right now.
(If not, I have no idea)
-edit-
Now that I think of it, votes on bit.ly/oasisvv don't reset the same way that minestatus does for some reason. Minestatus resets the same time every night (so if I vote 3 minutes before the time resets, I can vote again right after it resets). Mineserver appears to take 24hours from the time you voted instead of having a set reset time each day. So if I vote today at 3pm, I'd need to wait until 3pm to vote again tomorrow.

Last edited by Lina on 10/30/2014, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moop)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue on 11/3/2014, 4:12 pm

I had the same problem this morning. It would ask "What is 9 + 3" and I answered "7", but it kept saying I was wrong!

Anyway, the catchpa with the pictures is working again at the time of this post (4:11 PM est)

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 11/4/2014, 9:21 am

I can confirm that everything is working properly. I will now close and lock this thread.

Thanks everyone for your input.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top