Do you think these are good ideas?

60% 60% 
[ 3 ]
40% 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Suggestions/Ideas for Oasis Vanilla 1.8

Post by Mity on 10/11/2014, 1:15 pm

Ever since the 1.8 server came out I was happy! Even more happy when it was vanilla! I have a lot of suggestions and ideas for the 1.8 map!

Nether Portal Linking Hub-

Click/Copy & Paste the link! -----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1IFrS4JPA4

Instead of walking thousands and thousands of blocks away, we should make a nether portal hub! You create a nether portal and then make an area which is the hub in the nether! You can create personal tunnels for each player on the server if they live really far from spawn.

How it works:

1. Nether portal. If you don't have one, make one.

2. Find your desired location you want to travel to.

3. Note the coordinates of the area, then divide the X and Z values by 8 (by 3 if playing the Console Edition). You can ignore the Y value.

4. Go through your portal & head to those divided coordinates. Try to place yourself at about the same elevation, then make your portal. You should come out about where you were previously.

Note: This works because one block in the nether is equal to eight block in the over world. For example, to travel 800 blocks in the over world, you would only need to travel 100 blocks in the nether.

Mineral Exchange

/money? /money pay? Nope! Since the server is now vanilla, we can still have shops, but a little bit different! Minerals such as iron, iron blocks, gold nuggets, gold ingots, gold blocks, diamonds, diamond blocks can be used as any type of money!

For instance:

1 Gold Block = $100
             1 Gold Ingot = $5
             9 Gold Nuggets = $1

Economy

There should be a bank with personal vaults, a President, a Vice President, a Treasurer, (etc...)

Those are all of the ideas I have so far! I hope they are good! I think they were handy and thoughtful. Tell me, what do you guys think ?  (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Mity
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://mitychan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions/Ideas for Oasis Vanilla 1.8

Post by bandityogo on 10/11/2014, 1:33 pm

I like the nether portal idea, (im imagining something like what Mindcrack did?)but we have a lot of players so maybe reserve it for Trusteds and up, whoever makes this would probably have to keep expanding constantly, that's my only complaint for that, other than that I like it, nether portals are ugly just standing lone in the middle of the plains or what have you.

I'm on mobile so I don't know if there is anything for the mineral exchange section?

Bank would be cool, probably not needed because we have [private] on chests if you're talking about a bank for item storage. but it could be a cool business idea to have like bank accounts and interest and loans and what not. could work.

bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy on 10/11/2014, 1:36 pm

I like the idea of a bank I always wanted to make one with vaults n such but its would be broken into and griefed so much I wouldn't be able to handle it

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/11/2014, 1:43 pm

bandityogo wrote: we have [private] on chest
"Suggestions for Oasis Vanilla 1.8" meaning we have no [private], no shops, no /money, no coreprotect, no nothing (though I wish we did have deadbolt/core ;_; maybe if I wish hard enough they'll magically appear)

Nether portals could definitely work

The banks, you'd have to hide the bank chest(s) really really well (preferably awaaaay from spawn) to keep new guests from stealing. The houses/farms near spawn are looted a lot, would be best to build away from there.

Having a gold economy in general sounds great though

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/11/2014, 2:25 pm

They both sound like good ideas however a bank full of resources will be a theif's paradise unkess you hide the vault and surrond it with barrier blocks. I have been obtaining a lot of gold so i can make a ration list where all players can recive like 2 gold ingots to start out with. And we need to make the bank where everyone can find it so somewhere near spawn but far enough where it wont keep getting griefed

Also maybe use resources as currency as follows

Iron:  cents ($0.50)

Gold: dollars ($1) 

Diamonds: $10

Emeralds: $100 

Lapis: could use these as credit (each piece is = to $1 and the bank president can use these to collect their payment for the credit) (people could in turn sell collected lapis to the bank for $1 a piece 

And use the blocks (per single block) like

Iron block: $4.50 (9 ingots would equal $4.50)

Gold block: $9 (9 ingots would equal $90)

Diamond: $90 (9 would be $90)

Emerald: $900 (9 times 100 is $900)

And we use that as the currency system.

If we use this system i will ration out $2 to all players since i got a lot of gold

Last edited by ThunderTheW0lf on 10/11/2014, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Suggestions for currency values)

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mity on 10/11/2014, 3:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

Mity
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://mitychan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 10/11/2014, 3:42 pm

A suggestion to sort of solidify the whole "bank" preposition: what you could do is have multiple "safes" built. Say, an obsidian cube. You would then essentially have lava cascading down from the cieling. Have some redstone piston wizardry installed so that when you flip a switch hidden in the lava waterfall somewhere seemingly random, a sort of walkway free of lava opens up. This leads to a wall of lava, behind which is a chest in yet another seemingly random location.

This would definitely take some doing, but I would be pretty impressed to see this come to fruition. I wouldnt mind helping if my comp. werent being finicky. If you would like some help on this, message me on the forum and I'll begin the long and arduos process of working that out.

And yes, I think all of these are great ideas. Keep up the good work!

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/11/2014, 4:05 pm

I actually have plans for a bank when 1.8 fully updates. I don't see why each town couldn't have one though. I think it's a cool idea. The currency thing though, a question for you:

Unless your doing the exchange in person? How would you keep track of that sort of thing? An honor system? Unfortunately there are people who WOULD exploit that sort of thing, to the highest caliber.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/12/2014, 3:46 pm

Shnoork wrote:A suggestion to sort of solidify the whole "bank" preposition: what you could do is have multiple "safes" built. Say, an obsidian cube. You would then essentially have lava cascading down from the cieling. Have some redstone piston wizardry installed so that when you flip a switch hidden in the lava waterfall somewhere seemingly random, a sort of walkway free of lava opens up. This leads to a wall of lava, behind which is a chest in yet another seemingly random location.

This would definitely take some doing, but I would be pretty impressed to see this come to fruition. I wouldnt mind helping if my comp. werent being finicky. If you would like some help on this, message me on the forum and I'll begin the long and arduos process of working that out.

And yes, I think all of these are great ideas. Keep up the good work!

Or a command block that reacts to one person only that tp's them inside a bedrocked up bank room with the chest inside of it, And another doing the same thing to get out.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWovle on 10/12/2014, 7:47 pm

ThunderTheW0lf wrote:They both sound like good ideas however a bank full of resources will be a theif's paradise unkess you hide the vault and surrond it with barrier blocks. I have been obtaining a lot of gold so i can make a ration list where all players can recive like 2 gold ingots to start out with. And we need to make the bank where everyone can find it so somewhere near spawn but far enough where it wont keep getting griefed

Also maybe use resources as currency as follows

Iron:  cents ($0.50)

Gold: dollars ($1) 

Diamonds: $10

Emeralds: $100 

Lapis: could use these as credit (each piece is = to $1 and the bank president can use these to collect their payment for the credit) (people could in turn sell collected lapis to the bank for $1 a piece 

And use the blocks (per single block) like

Iron block: $4.50 (9 ingots would equal $4.50)

Gold block: $9 (9 ingots would equal $90)

Diamond: $90 (9 would be $90)

Emerald: $900 (9 times 100 is $900)

And we use that as the currency system.

If we use this system i will ration out $2 to all players since i got a lot of gold
That is a good idea but the emerald yes i know they are rare but if someone gets a villager that trades iron ingots, coal, raw meat, unwritten books for emeralds and keep doing that other and other they will be very rich (You can resent the deal(s) by doing the last offer one time and keep doing that to resent all of the deals)

ShadowWovle
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/13/2014, 9:37 am

I remember being on a vanilla server a few years back who had removed all traces of sugarcane from the world, and used paper as their currency, giving each player a bit to begin with and they had to work/earn money and was paid by a secure bank. with this map having a limit, it could be possible, but there are too many people already moving on within the server. I thought it was a good idea at the time, and on a small scale, would work lovely. Not sure about large scale though.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy on 10/13/2014, 3:18 pm

NostrumDomus wrote:I remember being on a vanilla server a few years back who had removed all traces of sugarcane from the world, and used paper as their currency, giving each player a bit to begin with and they had to work/earn money and was paid by a secure bank. with this map having a limit, it could be possible, but there are too many people already moving on within the server. I thought it was a good idea at the time, and on a small scale, would work lovely. Not sure about large scale though.

^^^ I kinda like the idea of paper money

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 10/13/2014, 5:11 pm

A question. Without the infrastructure to effectively trade currency, whats the point in using a monetary system? We cant do transactions unless youre right in front of the person anyways, its vanilla. Whats the point in using paper as a way to count? It would be far more effective to use the barter system in this case, give something for something. When you have bukkit, yes, use a monetary system. Its manageable and easy. At the moment, it would be pointless in 1.8. I think the best way to go about this would be to just trade items right now. Haggle a little, people.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top