[ 15 ]
22% 22% 
[ 5 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

Thoughts On Oasis Vanilla

Post by awesomezaxman1 on 10/8/2014, 10:26 am

So, I thought this would be a GREAT topic to talk about. I will be talking about MY thoughts on the new Oasis Vanilla Server, but I would love to hear your opinions, too. Now, as you know I am a donator, but crazy as it seems, I don't really care about my rank. The reason I donated was because it is a "Donation" and you're not suppose to really get something in return. If you do want your donor rank, please go to the Oasis SMP Server and play with others on there. Now about the temporary map, I am building a mansion. Some of you are thinking, "Why the hell are you doing that? The map is going to reset soon.", Easy, it's so I can give some of you guys shelter from the mobs and to build as much as I can under limited time. I honestly wish that this server did stay as a Vanilla Server, but it would be really hard for Staff to take control of the server without the help of /mute, /jail, /etc. lol see what I did there. I hope you guys enjoy this server and try to stay positive. I know this is a HUGE change since you're getting used to 1.7 Oasis, but trust me, it can only get better from here. I will be playing Oasis Vanilla more often due to the great updates (minus the fact you need LAPIS to enchant).

POSITIVE THOUGHTS YOU CAN THINK ABOUT:
- BUNNIES!
- BUNNIES!
- AND MORE BUNNIES!

Also, Check Out The FAQ Made By Our Special Oasian, NOS! 
Link: http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t19732-18-and-the-great-questionaire#91995

I suggest you COMMENT your thoughts so we don't end up having a topic spam.

awesomezaxman1
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile https://ytjungamer.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts On Oasis Vanilla

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/8/2014, 12:01 pm

I guess this would be as a good of place as any to begin sharing my thoughts about the server and what's going on as of now. As most everyone knows, this is a transitioning stage, and it's simply a marker of what is to come. However, since the introduction of the 1.8 vanilla server, it's made the 1.7 main server near entirely empty. I'm not entirely where to stand on that, considering that people host events there, and the popularity of the server dropped ridiculously in a day. With that being said, I understand why the owners and staff made the decision and I have no problems with that. 

I'm used to starting over. It's MC it happens you create new worlds all of the time, but when it comes to something like this, I see it as more of a planning stage, and not the end product. I think that's why I visit the new server so much, but I haven't built anything on it. I think the only way I would, would be if I was requested to do so by someone, then of course I would, I'm always willing, able and ready to help out, no matter what that is. I dunno, I'm conflicted. 

The temp map shows us that we're closer to a new dawn. People were bored of the old map, and many wanted to move on. However, I saw too how it hurt a lot of people. I...I'm not sure what to say there, honestly. THings will calm down when the plugins update. Believe it or not I've seen this same thing before and I'm pretty sure I'll see it so long as I play MC. As far as the temp server? I can't say I'm grounded in it yet. The people I'll always care for, but until 1.8 stabilizes, I'm not sure I can make a home there, just yet anyways.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 on 10/8/2014, 12:25 pm

Nos I like the new items in the 1.8 version but i probably will not build either until our SMP server updates....
I will say that I had not realized how reliant I had become on my perks and that being said, the thirty minutes or so I spent on 1.8 vanilla was a true reminder of what survival means! I did have fun with it though and was enjoying finding new items/blocks/mobs

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomezaxman1 on 10/8/2014, 12:45 pm

@Nos: Yeah I understand exactly what you mean about the whole transition, but some things really do take time to really getting use to. Oasis SMP was truly a home for a lot of people, but that's why you can always make a new one :) Honestly, as a donator, I relied too much on the kits and the perks to where I lost the true meaning of survival. It really didn't feel like SMP to me, which is why I've been on Oasis Vanilla for awhile.

@Ruby (That's my nickname for you now lol): I love the new items, mobs, etc. I think that 1.8 is a great update and that others should try to enjoy it as much as you can.

Thanks you two for your thoughts :)

awesomezaxman1
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue on 10/8/2014, 1:04 pm

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich on 10/8/2014, 1:36 pm

Meh, the bun-buns are awright, can only eat & get pelts from the big ones.

Glad sheep are edible now, saved me last night when sea guardians almost got me.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthMagazine on 10/8/2014, 2:03 pm

First day and have already gotten griefed of my tools and wood along with my coal- all of it! over a stack.
yet they didnt touch my diamond pick....

there goes my hopes for the normal, enjoyable 1.8.

btw i think it wouldve been better keeping oasis 1.7 on oasis-mc.us rather then the oasis-mc.us(numbers i forgot which) which would mean less random people and more oasians.

HealthMagazine
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 10/8/2014, 3:28 pm

Helthmagazine wrote:btw i think it wouldve been better keeping oasis 1.7 on oasis-mc.us rather then the oasis-mc.us(numbers i forgot which) which would mean less random people and more oasians.

Having oasis-mc.us point to the 1.8 server keeps the community alive and also gives new players a chance to check out the 1.7 server and potentially become NEW community members. That's why we did this.

Just add the oasis-mc.us:25570 address to your server list and keep it for when you want to go back to 1.7 for the time being.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthMagazine on 10/8/2014, 3:42 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
Helthmagazine wrote:btw i think it wouldve been better keeping oasis 1.7 on oasis-mc.us rather then the oasis-mc.us(numbers i forgot which) which would mean less random people and more oasians.

Having oasis-mc.us point to the 1.8 server keeps the community alive and also gives new players a chance to check out the 1.7 server and potentially become NEW community members. That's why we did this.

Just add the oasis-mc.us:25570 address to your server list and keep it for when you want to go back to 1.7 for the time being.
Oh ok, thanks for replying tho :D

HealthMagazine
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/8/2014, 4:58 pm

I love vanilla, except for the absence of CoreProtect... If we could just have coreprotect it'd be wonderful ;_;

It'd be neat to have a vanilla map on our full-updated server with plugins, so we could at least fix griefs for that world. Been thinking about it for a while, I really enjoyed the vanilla aspect of our 1.7 tempmap a year ago.

Will try to enjoy tempmap while it lasts (J.3.)J
(Suggest building underground and limit the visible torches outside)

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 10/8/2014, 5:58 pm

I enjoyed the tempmap we had a year ago quite a bit, and I'm looking forward to enjoying it just as much this time. I have yet to play with any of the new stuff. (Actually, only know what a few of the new blocks and stuff are.)

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 10/8/2014, 10:51 pm

I remember I didnt really do the temp map much last year. That was around when my computer started to get tempermental. Also I missed the colors in chat :3

But for anyone on the fence about this, by all means, jump right in. From what I recall, near everyone loved building on the temp map. Part of the draw was making something and putting in all this effort, knowing  that it would one day end. To me, that seemed like something unique you wouldnt otherwise find in Minecraft. I regret not having experienced it as fully as some others did. If Im not mistaken, that temp map also was where some people really shined. (I believe Lina and Ben were two people I recall reading about at some point or another, and look at where they are now!) dropping names

So yeah. Enjoy it. Dont shy away from it.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy on 10/9/2014, 3:26 am

Grimtongue wrote:
This image goes hilariously with your signature XD.

Back on topic, vanilla is fun for a temporary map, but I'm not going to make any big investments of time without coreprotect, tpa and /home

Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/9/2014, 4:34 am

#IfWeCouldJustHaveCoreProtect

Coordinates/roads/rails/netherportalsystems can ease transportation...but the griefs... the griefs

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomezaxman1 on 10/9/2014, 7:46 am

Will Somebody Please Think About The Children (Griefs)!?!? lol

@Everyone: Thank you for your thoughts. I'm pretty sure it will help Maddy and Paxxy (My feminine nicknames for you two lol) with trying to make Oasis Vanilla be of more comfort to you guys. This is mostly the reason why I posted this topic, to try and make all of this craziness getting use to. I hope everyone enjoys Oasis Vanilla and for the future updates :)

awesomezaxman1
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 10/9/2014, 11:41 am

awesomezaxman1 wrote: I hope everyone enjoys Oasis Vanilla and for the future updates :)

I agree. It's always fantastic to 'get back down to basics' and honestly it's a great way to get used to the new blocks and features!

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh on 10/9/2014, 2:49 pm

Yeah there are some problems with having a pure vanilla bean map with very little grief protection and having to build near spawn in case of death (or in my case death by bed, yeah its a long story), but we will have to make this same step into a new world just like any other map update. This will give us practice on how to start from scratch and give us some experience on the new features that 1.8 brings.

I still remember the old 1.7 temp map with all of its beauty and chaos from large communities like farmcult and the random sillies that mods made with command blocks. Even though I had my house broken into in farmcult to the point I moved out as soon as I could I still loved the ability to be with fellow members of a community making the next big step in the server. I love the ability to try out the new update and not to be forced to wait due to the longer update time of the bukkit plugins. I myself love change since I started to lose drive and inspiration in the old map (I have made like what?... 142 laps around shopworld?).

I cannot wait for the next step in the oasis community and the many adventures yet to be told.

My Psychs be all like...:

Goes well with...

Theme song I guess..:

Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/9/2014, 5:54 pm

First off i would like to say i have always hated vanilla mc (lots of griefing issues and no way fix them) but so far that hasnt happene and now i actually like vanilla mc

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/9/2014, 6:30 pm

I dunno. I pop in and out of the temp map but as far as actively doing anything I can't say that I have just yet. I'm sort of thinking of being a laborer if someone needs me, but I haven't began anything build wise though.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon on 10/10/2014, 11:52 am

I may be the only one who thinks this, but I think it would be fun to keep a (nearly) vanilla map going even after we get plugins, just hosting it on another IP. For example, staff would have coreprotect and all the other plugins staff use to do their duties, and players wouldn't use any plugins besides (possibly) Deadbolt. I think it would be a fun thing to TRY, at least, even if we decide not to keep it after a week or so.

LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/10/2014, 2:05 pm

LordTomenon wrote:I may be the only one who thinks this, but I think it would be fun to keep a (nearly) vanilla map going even after we get plugins, just hosting it on another IP. For example, staff would have coreprotect and all the other plugins staff use to do their duties, and players wouldn't use any plugins besides (possibly) Deadbolt. I think it would be a fun thing to TRY, at least, even if we decide not to keep it after a week or so.

Been thinking this for a while^
Only difference in my thought is having it as a map (so people from smp/vanilla can still chat regardless of what world theyre in)

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/10/2014, 2:39 pm

LordTomenon wrote:I may be the only one who thinks this, but I think it would be fun to keep a (nearly) vanilla map going even after we get plugins, just hosting it on another IP. For example, staff would have coreprotect and all the other plugins staff use to do their duties, and players wouldn't use any plugins besides (possibly) Deadbolt. I think it would be a fun thing to TRY, at least, even if we decide not to keep it after a week or so.
If it's going to be vanilla, then it shouldn't even have deadbolt. There should be no plugins that help the player in any sort of way. I agree that the staff need their skills, but if you want pure vanilla, that means no plugins...EVER. >.>
<.<

Lina said something about making it another map in the same world, and I think that would be a pretty decent idea, that way there is more people that can talk to each other. Top bad we can't do this between 1.7-1.8 maps though.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/10/2014, 3:03 pm

Deadbolt would be nice. Considering it's not pvp.
If we'd already have coreprotect I don't see why deadbolt would be counted out.

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 10/10/2014, 3:14 pm

i don't know why people arent more active on the temp map, ik we have the 1.7 server up on a different ip right now, but i kinda like this no-plugin map, yes there is the chance with greifers and their shenanigans but hey, i like a challenge, especially in 1.8, ITS AMAZING, it is a little hard to find resources such as diamonds, not for me tho, but hey, buildings will be MUCH nicer. Now, it would've been nice to have the feather teleporter and such, because i found a HELLA LOT of horses, that i couldn't bring back to farmcult ;-;. But anyways, i think that the idea of a vanilla MAP, is kinda hard if we have it on the actual server in 1.8 cuz then they have /spawn and stuff to get out of sticky situations and stuff, not fair for some. I love the idea tho.

shadeyghost
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 10/10/2014, 3:43 pm

Theres always the possibility of coreprotect updating BEFORE the shmorgisborg of other plugins we have going on. That way we could have vanilla with coreprotect for the remainder of the time it takes for everything else to update. Maybe even a little while afterwards, depending on how much everyone likes it.

But Im no oficianado on plugins. I dont know how much work would go into implementing plugins in two "batches" like that and whether it would be worth it or not.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top