1.8 and The Great Questionaire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.8 and The Great Questionaire

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/7/2014, 6:13 pm

I figured this would help a lot of lost players if I created a FAQ with all of the most commonly asked questions thus far regarding the new map and transitioning. To save the staff a little time and sanity I've decided that if you have questions (That have not already been asked) they can be asked here and added to the list. The following are concerns and questions that have been asked by players regarding 1.8, the map update, bukket and other concerns that have been made. Remember, before you ask? 

CHECK THE LIST!

FAQS:

1.) Whoa! 1.8 is here! Wait...where are my perks? Why is everyone the same color? Keep in mind this is a Temporary map. This is a home away from home while the plugins update. Be patient as things will be changing soon. 

2.) If this is a temp map, what about the stuff I build? What's the point? Unfortunately, there are no plans to move builds/items over at this current time. If this answer updates, They'll let you know. As of now though, everything you build will not be saved. 

3.) Can you please tell me when the server plug ins update? I need to spawn my cobble, like now. The world may never know... (It will update when it updates, no one is really sure at this time.)

4.) Wait, will anything at all I build be saved? What about this huge building? I spent hours on it! Most likely no, sorry. 

5.) I'm super hungry and I need new tools because a spider came down from the trees, killed me and kicked my corpse into a lava pool. Can you please spawn me more? Hell no.

6.) I'm like, super good at building. Can I have OP? No, sorry. 

7.) This sucks, I'm going back to the old map. What's the IP? oasis-mc.us:25570

8.) When it comes time to the server to actually and officially update, what about my rank and perks? Will I have them? When the server officially updates, you will have all of your perks and ranks. 

9.) Can I still apply for member? If this is a temporary map, will that be affected? No, feel free to go ahead and apply! Go on, do it!

10.) Dude...where's my house? It's not here. 

11.) Can I have creative? No.

12.) I'm a donator/Vet/Architect and I thought we had creative permissions in the last map? Sorry, the answer's still no. 

13.) I'm so lost right now....where the heck is spawn? Spawn is located at: 
       X: 206
       Y: 72
       Z: 313

14.) Can I grief/steal/spam/hack/cheat/CAPS? No, no, no, no, no, and um...no. Just because this is a temp map it doesn't mean that the rules are excluded. The same rules apply here as they do on Oasis SMP 1.7 and guess what? They're still enforcing them. 

15.) Can I be kicked for breaking the rules on the temp map? Yes, you can. Also Staff may also carry these bans over to the 1.7 server. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

16.) What if I get griefed? how will this be handled? Staff at no point are required to fix griefs on the temp map. HOWEVER, if they catch you griefing? You will be banned. They can still be invisible, fly, kick ban, and watch, and believe me, they are watching. Don't give the staff a hard time with this. It makes it easier on everyone. 

17.) guys...I got griefed. I need those blocks man, can I get them back? Unfortunately one of the plug ins they use, coreprotect is not available at this time. This is a pure vanilla server. If you get griefed you're on your own. PLEASE BUILD AWAY FROM SPAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18.) Can I get my commands like /home, /back /[insert command here]? No. As of now they have NO PLUGINS. However there are some commands you have access to, such as /list, /help/ and /me. I do believe if you sleep in a bed, it will TP you there upon death, but don't quote me on that. I'm not sure. 

19.) Can I use tnt, lava, and fire products? Of course! But don't grief with them. use your brain, and use common sense. 

20.) Any suggestions on where to live? Far, far, FAR away, somewhere over the rainbow. See that horizon over there? Keep walking, take a left and keep walking until morn. Or underground. 

21.) How big is this map? 5000 by 5000

*Any further questions that come to my attention will be added to this list. Keep your eye out for further updates. *

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.8 and The Great Questionaire

Post by Guest on 10/7/2014, 6:30 pm

(edit: fix a couple things just letting you know)

Last edited by Lina on 10/7/2014, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moop)

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich on 10/7/2014, 10:21 pm

This is great. Thanks for posting the FAQs.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy on 10/8/2014, 7:27 am

wow nos u put some time into this and its great shows me everything I need to know

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 on 10/8/2014, 7:46 am

first off apologies to Lina for asking questions yesterday didnt think about the fact that everyone was blowing her up with Q: i was just caught off gaurd when i logged in.  i have been having tech. difficulties with my internet service causing me to lag out and having problems viewing fourums. that being said.... i now have my internet problem fixed and plan to resume my activity like it used to be 2-4 hrs daily and reading the forums!

Now the reason for my reply on the post.... Nos that was an awsome Q: and A:!  THANKS

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 10/8/2014, 8:19 am

+-+ This is beautiful! Thank you for making this, I'm sure it will be useful. And it will save us some explaining. Smile

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/8/2014, 10:55 am

If it wasn't for Lina helping me out, this wouldn't have happened so fast. You guys need to thank her too, she needs it. :3

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 10/8/2014, 3:26 pm

word.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/8/2014, 4:47 pm

robbie291 wrote:first off apologies to Lina for asking questions yesterday

iz ok XD you only asked one or two anyways (J.w.)J

Back to top Go down

Post by FerociousFeline on 10/8/2014, 10:08 pm

This actually helped alot ive been gone from the server for quite a while and i saw it was updated i was like what the pickles...thanks so much for this post!!! C:

FerociousFeline
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/12/2014, 3:56 pm

madscientist032 wrote:word.

To ya motha!  Ice ice baby too cold, too cold!

http://www.youtube.com/rog8ou-ZepE

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/12/2014, 4:01 pm

Also while im double posting like a post whore, the vanilla 1.8 map will be imported when we update, but it will not be the main world. We wont just go and throw it away. We will use it for something.

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/12/2014, 4:01 pm

Oh and thanks Nos. Nice post!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/12/2014, 4:02 pm

Didnt want to make a liar out of my self....

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 10/13/2014, 5:07 am

pax, u sure u aren't still bein a post whore with dat quad post?    plox no ban me ;-;
and btw nos, AMAZING, didnt help me all that much tho, ik how to minecraft, and wouldnt think of griffin or anythin, but still, rly cool for those who needed it, liek staffies, btw, /me /me tho

shadeyghost
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/13/2014, 9:24 am

shadeyghost wrote:pax, u sure u aren't still bein a post whore with dat quad post?    plox no ban me ;-;
and btw nos, AMAZING, didnt help me all that much tho, ik how to minecraft, and wouldnt think of griffin or anythin, but still, rly cool for those who needed it, liek staffies, btw, /me /me tho
WOW y u b posin' here then, BRUH? 
:3

Thank you Shadey, you know I appreciate you. Also, I'm glad you know how to minecerft, cause I've been playing since early alpha and I still don't know how to minecerft. XD

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top