Potentially Dangerous Mess-up with a plugin

4 posters

Go down

Potentially Dangerous Mess-up with a plugin Empty Potentially Dangerous Mess-up with a plugin

Post by LordTomenon 10/6/2014, 8:22 pm

Not completely sure if I should be posting about this, but I have a problem/glitch to report.

This problem is with the Veteran/$20 donor perk, DeathChest. When you die, the block you die on turns into a bedrock block with a sign on it, upon clicking which will give the items back to you and revert the block back to normal. However, if you die on a skull, it will turn into a normal skeleton skull and if you die on a block that has a sign on it/above it, the sign will turn into a blank sign. This poses a danger as one could easily use this glitch to get through deadbolted signs by killing themselves using fall damage on the block over which the sign is located, using another $20 donor perk /back to return to point of death, recollecting the items, then the deadbolt sign would be blank and thus allowing the thief to take from the protected chest or go through the protected door.

I apologize if I am not supposed to post this here, now, or at all, but I was urged to by another player and I would like to point out this problem.

~LordT
LordTomenon
LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Potentially Dangerous Mess-up with a plugin Empty Re: Potentially Dangerous Mess-up with a plugin

Post by Heisenberg 10/6/2014, 9:01 pm

It would be easy to see which donor did this and this would obviously result in that player's perks being removing and possibly further punishment. I'd like to think we can trust donors not to abuse this, especially as they'd just be rolled back and potentially be perma-banned.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Potentially Dangerous Mess-up with a plugin Empty Re: Potentially Dangerous Mess-up with a plugin

Post by madscientist032 10/6/2014, 9:16 pm

Actually... it's not detectable. Tomenon tested this in-game for me and there was no record of him destroying the deadbolt sign. Zero fingerprints. The bedrock block itself causes the metadata (aka the sign text) in the deadbolt sign to be lost permanently until the sign is re-placed on the chest.

However Taccy is correct - any donor who is caught abusing this will be severely punished.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 10/7/2014, 2:50 am

madscientist032 wrote:Actually... it's not detectable. Tomenon tested this in-game for me and there was no record of him destroying the deadbolt sign. Zero fingerprints. The bedrock block itself causes the metadata (aka the sign text) in the deadbolt sign to be lost permanently until the sign is re-placed on the chest.

However Taccy is correct - any donor who is caught abusing this will be severely punished.

We will still have the logs of the chest/door interactions.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 10/7/2014, 6:09 am

Taccy wrote:
madscientist032 wrote:Actually... it's not detectable. Tomenon tested this in-game for me and there was no record of him destroying the deadbolt sign. Zero fingerprints. The bedrock block itself causes the metadata (aka the sign text) in the deadbolt sign to be lost permanently until the sign is re-placed on the chest.

We will still have the logs of the chest/door interactions.

This is why its not that big of an issue. Only $20 donators/vets and higher have access to this plugin. They already have access to more destructive things. If we didnt trust them, they wouldnt have those perks. Besides like Taccy just said, core will record chest accesses. So its not that hard to figure out.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down