Cancer Awareness & Support Horse Race!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cancer Awareness & Support Horse Race!

Post by Agwyn on 10/3/2014, 5:57 pm

Date: October 27th 2014

Time: 7 - 8pm EST

Location: warp racehorse; track to be determined by participants

Rules:

• Standard Race Horse Tournament Rules Apply! (under 8 Saddle Speed or 11.44 Lead Speed, 3 laps winner of two races is Champion)

•  Riders all must wear dyed leather armor* in support of their choice of cancer.

Explanation of *: Leather armor and a dying station with dye is provided at spawn and will be unlocked for public participant usage on the 20th of October. Of course, non-racers are welcome to take a shirt and dye it to show their support for any type of cancer and wear it on the day of the race/during it. 

Prizes:
1st, 2nd & 3rd -Diamonds, emerald blocks, iron blocks, saddles, enchanted books/items (possibly)
Participants - A participant ribbon, participant prizes (undecided)
Everyone keeps their shirts!

Author's Note: This server's support for the fight against cancer is astounding me, I never thought a simple suggestion by a user would escalate into what it has. Every single one of us reading this has known someone affected by this terrible disease, my mother has survived cancer over twelve times since she was a child at age 7. Several females and a few males in my family died of various cancers; though many survived their experiences, their stories still linger in my mind well after their passing. I know sadly that so many Oasis members have similar stories like my own.

However, though October is 'Breast Cancer Awareness' Month, I wanted this event to be as inclusive as possible. Though cancer can strike anywhere, the experiences unite everyone similarly, we all want this disease to have a cure. Inspired by Pax & Mad's donation to a charity that includes all types of cancer pushed this race to be in support and awareness of all types.

Special Thanks:

• Pax & Mad - for their support of an idea and being awesome owners
  • All the staff - for all you do...
  • ThunderTheW0lf & Cheerioes - For supporting me in this endeavor of mine, offers of help & guidance and facilities!
  • Retkojy - For the donation of a stack of Iron Blocks and 32 Emeralds as prizes!
  • NostrumDomus - Everything you do for me, its too much to list.

• Anyone who read this far - Because you read this far, I do thank you most would not.

Cancer Ribbon PDF

Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cancer Awareness & Support Horse Race!

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/3/2014, 9:20 pm

Before anyone questions this as the owners of racehorse, Cheerioes and I have decided to allow this special tournament. Any new changes you see were permitted so no need to alert warp staff of any changes. I fully support this as i lost my grandmother and grandfather to cancer and almost lost my mom so that is why I am allowing this. 

However all the work and planning is being done by Agwyn and NostrumDomus, all I have done so far is get information for this tournament. So if your going to thank anyone for this special tournament thank Agwyn, NostrumDomus, and Retkojy. 

Also note there is currently 3 tracks but the fire track is closed until it can be fixed but we have the famous tournament track or we have Brickranger's curved track (however brick's track is very small and i would not race more then 3 people on it at a time) 

Also agwyn and ret remember your involved with the announcment tomorrow im not sure if Nos will make it and Lord is going to try but dont worry if you miss it its not like the worlds gonna end if you miss it. If you miss it i will send you some mail and i am putting a post on the forums about this announcement

Last edited by ThunderTheW0lf on 10/3/2014, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot about tracks)

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/4/2014, 1:03 pm

As far as this idea goes? This is all Agwyn. It's why I'm so proud of her. I didn't think this up at all. :3

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agwyn on 10/27/2014, 8:41 am

Special thanks to Lord Tomenon for this suggestion!

Horses not your thing? Following the Horses races, there will be one more race!

PIG RACING!

Grab a pig, a saddle and a carrot on a stick and join us for a romp to remember!

There will be prizes for this as well for the first person or persons to get their pig over the line.

Hope to see you all here tonight.

Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/27/2014, 10:58 am

Agwyn wrote:
Special thanks to Lord Tomenon for this suggestion!

Horses not your thing? Following the Horses races, there will be one more race!

PIG RACING!

Grab a pig, a saddle and a carrot on a stick and join us for a romp to remember!

There will be prizes for this as well for the first person or persons to get their pig over the line.

Hope to see you all here tonight.
Prizes will be decided by time of the tournament. This applies to the tournament and the pig races

I will try to be there but if not then good luck everyone and remember this tournament is for a good cause so the more racers the better

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 on 10/27/2014, 12:20 pm

Sounds like fun, I will try to attend!

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Agwyn on 10/28/2014, 8:52 am

CA&S Horse Race results:

1st Card) Zaba28, Sirnando_Jordan, Phazor101, Joyboom, NostrumDomus, Paxination.
2nd Card) Sirnando_Jordan, Phazor101, Joyboom, Paxination, Nostrum_Domus, Zaba28
3rd Card) Phazor101, Sirando_Jordan, Joyboom, Paxination, Nostrum_Domus; scratched Zaba28
4th Card) Zaba28, Sirnando_Jordan/Phazor101*, Joyboom, Paxination, Nostrum_Domus.

*It was a close call & I forgot to take notes on the last race. 

Champion: Zaba28
Reserve Champion: Sirnando_Jordan

CA&S Pig Race results:

I derped here and forgot to take notes... However. How about a pic?

A Pax & His Piggy feat. Amity

• I would like to give my thanks especially to Paxination for not only coming to the races, but participating in them! Truly I did not expect that and was humbled that you took time out of your day to join us; this also extends to all the Staff who stopped by to watch the fun.
  • Once again, my thanks to ThunderTheW0lf for allowing me the opportunity to host this event (and his patience for it being a first) at Racehorse and to their staff for both their suggestions, nudges and participation.
  • Finally, my grateful thanks goes to everyone who participated, came as an observer or just popped in on TS to say hello and join in the hi-jinxes.

Last edited by Agwyn on 10/28/2014, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Code fails!)

Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/28/2014, 5:07 pm

Agwyn wrote:

• Once again, my thanks to ThunderTheW0lf for allowing me the opportunity to host this event (and his patience for it being a first) at Racehorse and to their staff 

Did you forget your 1 of the racehorse staff now?

also very good job with planning and hosting and I am very pleased with the way this turned out and you proved my hunch right about you making good racehorse staff.

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/28/2014, 6:25 pm

Agwyn wrote:

• I would like to give my thanks especially to Paxination for not only coming to the races, but participating in them! Truly I did not expect that and was humbled that you took time out of your day to join us; this also extends to all the Staff who stopped by to watch the fun.

I had every intention of participating. Much fun was had.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top