Spookz 4 dayz with Nostrum Domus

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spookz 4 dayz with Nostrum Domus

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/2/2014, 12:31 am

Due to October arriving and with the quickly arising looming moon of hallow's eve quickly closing in with each passing day, I have decided to contribute in the best way I know how. I am a writer and I have always loved writing, and I search for as many outlets as I can. So to keep with the Halloween spirit and to keep it minecraft themed, I'm going to write a small short series/story to give you guys something interesting to read on the forums. Now, without further ado, Let's begin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theme song! https://soundcloud.com/twistedvoodoo/wither
Book Art by Mega! All credit goes to her. :3
                                                               Act I: The Dream

"Nostrum...Nostrum, open your eyes...open your eyes and see who you really and truly are." The voice echoed through his mind like a horrible bug, clawing at his eardrums, threatening to cave in his skull and dig out his brain. The voice was nothing more than a small whisper, yet the whisper sent shivers down his spine and purged a cold sweat through his pores. An unbridled, terrible fear was growing inside him, and even though he wanted to scream...he couldn't. He was frozen. 
         "I...I can't. I can't. I won't. No." Nostrum said between clenched teeth, hiding in the darkness just behind his eyelids, hoping that the voice would go away. Anything to gain silence and to be free of what was gripping him.
        "Nostrum..." The voice said, this time much closer than it was before. Not only was the voice closer...but the raspy, withered breathing on his neck was slapping the side of his face, cold, and wet...why was it wet? "Open your eyes and see what you have done...what you have caused...smell the fate of these people...feel the blood on your hands...feel your fate..."
       "I ain't done nothing." Nostrum said, louder this time, still hiding in the safety of his closed eyes, "You're lying!" 
      "How do you know I am lying?" The voice said. This time lips ran down the side of his ear. "How can you call me a liar if you know nothing at all?" each word fell into his ear like a death rattle, last words of a dying man, yet...they never passed. It was as if the voice was stuck in the here-between. "OPEN." With the growling word a hand reached for Nostrum's face! He could feel bony fingers gripping at his eye sockets, forcing his eyelids up, forcing him to see! Light slowly washed away the darkness, and with it the lack of sound. Fire began to fill the void that was once soundless and a fury of red began to fill the darkness. 
        Suddenly, Nostrum found himself standing in a room, with a body in front of him. A diamond axe had been plunged into the chest and Nostrum was left holding the handle. With a  horrified scream and a lunge Nostrum leaped backwards crashing hard over a chair, smashing his head off a table as he slipped onto the floor, into a puddle of the body's blood! Nostrum's vision dulled as a low, throbbing hum began to beat in his head, making the already confused man even more incredulous about the situation he was in.
         "I didn't do this! I didn't do this! Ima engineer, I ain't a fighter! I didn't do this!" Nostrum screamed in the dark room, his eyes shifting from the overturned furniture, to the body. 
         "Why deny the truth Nostrum...you know you did this, your life, all you have done, has led up to this one moment, and you are the cause of it all." The voice pelted his ear with whispers and Nostrum plunged his hands against his ears and cried, 
        "I DIDN'T DO THIS!" It was then he felt a warm, trickling fluid travel down his ears, and on to his neck. "No...no..." Tears begin to fill the old man's eyes as he slowly moved his hands in front of his face. They were still dripping, still warm...still shining in the fire with blood. "Mother of Notch-God!" Nostrum flung his body upwards, making it to his feet, only to slip in the blood pool he was in! He skittered forward and nearly lost his balance, but managed to catch himself on a stone brick wall. 
        Nostrum's breath and heart was racing as he turned around, planting his back against the wall, looking at the body. It was no one he knew, no one he had ever seen before in his entire life! 
       "You did this. You are guilty. You are guilty. You are guilty." The voice was much louder now, it was no longer in his ear but in the entire room! With each word the walls began to quake, each block threatening to fall on top of him! the ground beneath him vibrated, throwing specks of blood this way and that, as the body slowly began to quiver and move. 
       "Stop this, please, please!" Nostrum shouted, tears of true remorse flowing from his face, "Please! PLEASE!" Suddenly the vibrations stopped and the room became eerily quiet. Small petrified gasps escaped the old man's lungs as he looked in horror at the burning room and bloody corpse on the floor. "Please....please..." Nostrum repeated, now tortured by the immense silence that the room had now given him. 
        Nostrum's eyes locked to the body. Nostrum was cold, so very cold...it felt like all of his blood had rushed to his feet and his knees were ready to give at any given moment. However, he didn't have long to think, before the body twitched. Nostrum's eyes widened as the head of the man slowly turned to face him. His eyes were closed and his black hair was plastered to his bloody face. Nostrum watched in true terror as the man's mouth slowly opened and his tongue, thick and blue rolled out of it and onto his cheek. "What...what...what the hell am I seeing?" Nostrum whispered to himself between small, painful breaths. About the time he got his statement out, the man's eyes opened...bloody black holes had taken place of what had once been eyes, and as the tongue began to move in a snake like fashion in his mouth, the man slowly lifted his left arm, and pointed it toward's Nostrum. 
       "Guilty..." The man said, choking on his own tongue, "Guilty....Guilty! GUILTY!" In a flash Nostrum heard the snapping of bones as the man's arms and legs snapped behind his back, lifting his body off the ground like a crab, the diamond axe still sparkling in the fire, plunged into his chest!
       "What, no, NO!" Nostrum leaped off the wall and began to step away from the man as he began to crawl towards him, his stomach arched high in the air! With another sickening crack the man's neck snapped up towards his chest as his mouth opened, releasing a hellish, banshee like scream! In a moment it had crossed the burning room and had closed in on Nostrum!
      "Get the hell away from me!" Nostrum turned to run but found himself in a corner! Once again the snapping of bones sent shivers down Nostrum's spine as he watched it roll into into a standing position, his head now looking at Nostrum's feet. Nostrum looked to his right to see a door and took a leaping run towards it! He closed in towards the door, but before he could reach it the entire door burst into black flames before disappearing from the wall! Once more, Nostrum looked to the right but as he did the entire wall shifted and moved, and closed him into a hallway with no exits, with only him and the man in it.
       Nostrum's heart raced as the claustrophobia began to set in. Adrenaline coursed through Nostrum's veins as fight or flight kicked in. "Okay, Okay! COME ON! Bring it on!" Nostrum raised his fists close to his face as the man's neck snapped upwards and to the right, looking briefly at Nostrum before falling limp on his back. Once more the mouth opened as the Nether Scream howled through the hallway! The man broke into a run and leaped onto a wall, crawling towards Nostrum who-
        "NOOOO!" Nostrum's eyes snapped open as he Threw the covers off his bed and tumbled onto the floor, covering his face and head from whatever it was that was going to attack him. The sounds of engines were rumbling beneath the floor as his head rested on the cold dark oak planks. Slowly Nostrum sat up, sliding to the wall of his room, looking at his hands. There was no blood. However, as he looked he could see small wisps of smoke rising from the other side of the room. Nostrum's eyes slowly lifted as he looked at the burnt, etched markings in the wood. It read simply one word: 
"Wither."

Last edited by NostrumDomus on 10/29/2014, 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Inserted link.)

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spookz 4 dayz with Nostrum Domus

Post by robbie291 on 10/2/2014, 12:49 pm

THUMBS UP!! Good read!

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon on 10/2/2014, 1:04 pm

Wow Nos, I wasn't planning on sleeping for the next few months anyways o.O xD Loved it, you are just as good a writer as you are a builder. Can't wait to see what you dream up next!

LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy on 10/2/2014, 2:19 pm

wow and also is being an author ur college profession?

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 10/2/2014, 2:45 pm

Anyone can think up a story. To put it to words, however, is an art. Well done, old chap.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tjr1022 on 10/3/2014, 8:24 am

tjr1022
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 10/3/2014, 12:44 pm

Very well written. I read it through a few times, just because I enjoyed it so much! I've never been much of a writer, but I do enjoy reading works from other good writers! And as Shnoork said, it takes skill to put the story to words, and you have that skill. Smile

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/3/2014, 1:45 pm

robbie291 wrote:THUMBS UP!! Good read!
Thank you, I hope you like it. I plan on doing a few more before the end of the month.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/3/2014, 1:49 pm

LordTomenon wrote:Wow Nos, I wasn't planning on sleeping for the next few months anyways o.O xD Loved it, you are just as good a writer as you are a builder. Can't wait to see what you dream up next!
I really appreciate the comment you know. I've always enjoyed writing and to see that people took time out of their day to read something I did? It means a lot to me. It always has.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/3/2014, 1:52 pm

retkojy wrote:wow and also is being an author ur college profession?
I've been writing since I've been old enough to read. I may not be the best at it, but I try, you know? And no, writing is not my profession though I have written articles for a couple of people and things in the past, though there was nothing major to speak of. I one day hope to publish a book, a book in fact I have already written, but lost due to unfortunate circumstances. It's a goal of mine to re-write that book and publish it, if for nothing else but as a tribute to a friend of mine. Without him the book would have never been born in the first place and I would have never thought of the idea, trust me there. I also hope to expand it as well with the help of Agwyn, but I'll never do that until the original book is released. So we'll see.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/3/2014, 1:53 pm

Shnoork wrote:Anyone can think up a story. To put it to words, however, is an art. Well done, old chap.
I hope you know those words meant a whole heck of a lot to me. Thank you, truly. :3

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 10/3/2014, 2:49 pm

2spoopy

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaScary2 on 10/3/2014, 3:00 pm

Ton of spook.... *shivers*... I guess you could say it was MEGA SCARY. Very well done Nos.. loved it!

MegaScary2
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 10/3/2014, 3:07 pm

MegaScary2 wrote:I guess you could say it was MEGA SCARY. 

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyNinjaStar on 10/3/2014, 5:49 pm

O_O That was a very eery and disturbing story! I'm not a fan of scary stuff or the horror genre, but it was very well written. Your use of similes and imagery were well done! Good luck to you on getting a book published, I am currently working on a story that I hope to publish someday as well.

Btw, if you ever want/need anything to be looked over or edited, feel free to give me a holler. I'm more than qualified (I have a B.A. in Creative Writing and Journalism) and I love editing people's works, college gave me a well trained eye and I pretty much can't read anything without scanning for errors (it's become a 2nd nature to me). And don't worry, I'll only give you constructive criticism and I won't butcher anything that you write; I will simply give suggestions to enhance your work of art. 

Anyway, well done! I look forward to reading more of your stories. (I just hope they can be less scary? I like sleeping at night) affraid   Laughing

FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/4/2014, 4:52 am

Been reading this thrice a day because it complements spooptober so well.
Glorious descriptive horror (J;w;)J

NostrumDomus wrote:
"Wither."
*Whispers*
BootifulSteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/4/2014, 12:50 pm

Lina wrote:Been reading this thrice a day because it complements spooptober so well.
Glorious descriptive horror (J;w;)J

NostrumDomus wrote:
"Wither."
*Whispers*
BootifulSteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm going to write another one very soon. Do you think you guys would like/read it? 
and I'm not even gonna lie. Bootiful steve was already in my mind while writing this. :3
I hope you don't mind.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/4/2014, 3:00 pm

NostrumDomus wrote:
I'm going to write another one very soon. Do you think you guys would like/read it? 
and I'm not even gonna lie. Bootiful steve was already in my mind while writing this. :3
I hope you don't mind.

YUS MORE SPOOPY STORIES (J@O@)J

Back to top Go down

Post by Bootiful_Steve on 10/4/2014, 3:03 pm

NostrumDomus wrote:
I hope you don't mind.

I am Honored to be part of creative process!

Bootiful_Steve
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile http://bootifulsteve.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 10/5/2014, 2:17 am

i leik horror stories, but cant watch them .-., weird ik but still, AMAZING, i read this and was amazed by how well this was worded, and like fith said, anybody can think up a story, but it takes a real writer to put it to words

shadeyghost
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/5/2014, 8:18 pm

Act II: The Warning.

"I'd say this was all about five, ten years ago maybe? Maybe even a little bit more. Why you askin' me this Nos?" Mad looked at Nostrum, who had been staring out off the side of the gearbound for quite some time. Nostrum was an older man, with pepper like grey hair and a big bushy beard that for the most part hid his lips and pock marks. Nostrum had vivid green eyes that you could see from a mile away. He wore a blue T shirt and a leather vest and was content in his blue jeans and boots. Nostrum was normally always a happy go lucky old man, except now he had become incredibly quiet...and very pale. "Hey." Mad Tapped Nostrum on the shoulder causing the old Engineer to nearly leap out of his skin. 
       "What?" Nostrum snapped, turning back to Mad, his eyes wide and seemingly devoid of thought. Mad squinted and looked at Nostrum and asked, 
       "You okay?" Before he asked, "Why did you want to know that?" The wind began to pick up around the two men as Nostrum turned back around and looked over the railing of the massive airship. Below him was the ranch, a large farming town that Nostrum had begun to do business with. He had built the airship and a large supply warehouse that the Ranch's Proprietor, Agwyn did most of the daily chores and deeds. 
     "I uh..." Nostrum said, shaking his head slightly desperately trying to piece together words that wouldn't make him sound like a complete madman, "I had a dream last night." Mad stepped up towards the railing and looked at Nostrum and said, 
      "What kind of dream?" When Nostrum said nothing, Mad only waited for a few moments before snapping, "Nos! What kind of dream?" The old engineer said nothing for a long time, simply looking over the rails of the GearBound. 
      "I uh...I had a dream that I murdered someone Mad." Nostrum looked to his hands and told him, "I had um....I took an axe to this poor kid's chest. split him open from the outside in...but...it was different. He got up, kept tellin' me I was guilty and he chased me around the room and-" 
      "It was a dream." Mad said, a grin slowly forming on his face, "Nos, you can't tell me a dream spooked you-" 
      "You don't understand," Nostrum told Mad, "That shit leaked out into my reality." Mad's head kicked back as a more quizzical look formed on his face. 
      "What do you mean?" 
      "Follow me and I'll show ya." Nostrum stepped down from the rail and began heading up the stairs to the ship, towards the captain's quarters. "It ain't nothin' I've ever seen before mad. I know you think I'm stupid or crazy but I didn't do this!" 
      "I didn't say you did," Mad told Nostrum as he followed the engineer up the stairs and towards the wooden door, "But I can say I have no idea what you're talking about." He watched Nostrum open the door and step inside, and after a moment followed him in. 
      "Over here." Nostrum said as he walked toward his bed. It was a rather lavish bed, with a double canopy and lights underneath, and beside the bed was a large painting. It looked like it had been placed there rather hastily. Nostrum approached the painting and with a single punch knocked it off the wall. Nostrum watched as the painting returned to it's normal size and landed in his hand. "That." 
       At first, Mad wasn't sure what he was looking at. It was a wooden block, seared with heat and carved into with the word "Wither" On it. Slowly he approached it and looked at the block, looking at the carved word, still somehow smoldering and smoking. "What is this?" Mad finally asked, never taking his eyes off the word. 
      "I don't know." Nostrum said, keeping his distance from the macabre etching on the wall.
      "You tried removing the block and replacing it?" Mad asked, running his hand on the etching. It wasn't just there, it had been literally carved into the block. 
      "I can't." Nostrum said, "I tried." He pointed towards a couple of diamond axes lying on a table nearby. They were all but broke. Mad's brow furrowed as he took out his own axe. 
      "Well I can." Mad said. Mad was one of the owners of the country of Oasis. He had powers most no one had and was able to do most whatever he wanted. It was because of his abilities he was chosen to protect Oasis, from rouge people and itself. There was near nothing he couldn't do. Mad Brought his axe high into the air and with a mighty blow, brought the tool down on the wood and- 
       The axe broke, instantly in two pieces, the enchantments sparking off the handle and blade, sparkling only for a moment before the axe's glow died away. "What?!?" Mad snapped, looking at his tool that had been obliterated in his hand. "No way." Mad tilted his head slightly and looked back at Nostrum. "Stand back." 
       "What are you doing-" Nostrum tried to ask, 
       "I said back up!" Mad snapped. Nostrum did what he was told and backed away, towards the counter in his kitchen. Mad looked at Nostrum only briefly before turning back to the smoking word on the wall. "Yeah, no. I'm going to fix this now." Mad threw his right arm to the side and suddenly a  flash of light filled the room! As the flash subsided a small, raggedy looking wooden axe appeared in the Owner's hand. A small white sheen covered the axe and the entire thing seemed to hum, nearly matching the hum of the Engine below the floorboards. 
       Mad lifted his left hand ran it over the surface of the block of wood, and after a moment an exact copy of the block appeared in his hand. Mad held the block in place as he smacked the actual block with his axe! The block in the wall glowed for a moment as Mad muttered something to himself. He then turned to the block he was holding in his hand and smacked it with the axe. The block shifted and seemed to bend as it simply vanished in his hand, becoming a block of air. He turned back to the carved block and smacked it with the axe-
       "You don't have permission to do that." A small, whisper like voice echoed in the room. Nostrum watched as Mad's right arm slowly dropped to his side. "There's no way...no way." Mad said, barely loud enough for Nostrum to hear, "How?" Even though Mad couldn't see Nostrum shook his head. 
       "I don't know Mad, I'm sorry." Mad spun around on one foot and looked at Nostrum and snapped, 
       "Do you have any idea what this means?!?" Nostrum shook his head. "Of course you don't." Mad turned towards the door and began to walk out!
        "Hey, now hold on!" Nostrum shouted, trying to catch up with the owner, "You can't just-" 
        "I have to look at something okay?" Mad said, throwing his arm back towards Nostrum, "I'm going to be right back. Then you're going to tell me everything you understand?" 
        "Yeah but-" 
        "Do you understand?" Mad repeated, his eyes locked with Nostrum's. There was a long, unwieldy moment of silence. Finally, Nostrum Nodded and said nothing. "Good." Mad threw open the door, stepped through but stopped. "You don't tell anyone about this."  In a moment he was gone, vanished in the wind. Nostrum turned and looked back at the carved block in the wall. Now, more than ever he had become more unnerved. 

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 10/5/2014, 8:55 pm

And the plot thickens...

Looks to me like someone is going somewhere with this. A small word of advice; with this being creative writing, you can word things however you want, but there are a few drawbacks to using that informal language. It really sets the tone as more carefree rather than the more somber atmosphere you seem to be going for. Think of the difference between "Yeah, ya really shouldnt be doing that" compared to simply "Dont do that". If you wanted to, you could actually use a mix of both formal and informal language, as a way to signify that shit just got real.

Just something to keep in mind. It just seemed like something I picked up on a bit. Do with it what you will. Still good stuff, tho, all things aside.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 10/5/2014, 9:02 pm

Shnoork wrote:And the plot thickens...

Looks to me like someone is going somewhere with this. A small word of advice; with this being creative writing, you can word things however you want, but there are a few drawbacks to using that informal language. It really sets the tone as more carefree rather than the more somber atmosphere you seem to be going for. Think of the difference between "Yeah, ya really shouldnt be doing that" compared to simply "Dont do that". If you wanted to, you could actually use a mix of both formal and informal language, as a way to signify that shit just got real.

Just something to keep in mind. It just seemed like something I picked up on a bit. Do with it what you will. Still good stuff, tho, all things aside.
I actually really try to implement this where I can. I'm just trying to control how I write things as normally what I write is aimed for an older audience. Mainly I write like that for character's speech patterns so they all sound different and alive. For example if you're writing a southern redneck, you want to try to emulate how they would sound so that the reader actually hears the voice in their heads. For example:

"We're going down to the fishing hole today to see if we can catch that big one." 

"We're headin' on down ter ther fishin' hole today, see if we can't catch that big 'un." 

Am I putting too much thought into this? 
have I completely mis understood your advice? If I have, I do apologize and if there is anyway further you can elaborate, would you share? I like to learn and I don't want to take what you say for granted.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 10/5/2014, 9:11 pm

i really hope that this guy gets some money for these stories XD, no am srs

shadeyghost
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile