1.8, plans I have, and a ramble (Because we can do that sort of thing.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.8, plans I have, and a ramble (Because we can do that sort of thing.)

Post by NostrumDomus on 9/24/2014, 10:42 am

`So I have been on this server for nearly a month now, and in the time I have been here, I have learned many things about the people, places and ways that things are done here. Nearly everyone I have met on here has been extraordinarily nice in one form or another, and it seems that everyone is ready to help each other in a moment's notice and without hesitation. It's a rare thing to see, and I wish honestly, I saw it more often. It makes me think though, that being nice to one another, it's easier to do online than it is in real life, which is why you never see it as much in the Real world, which is sad. I have often wondered what it would take to make such a thing happen, and after a very long time I have come up with this; to remove such discrepancies between an online community and the real one, is to simply remove the cliches. This is what I have thought of at least. Needless to say, I'm very proud of the people here. This includes the staff, who have really done a world of good for the people here. I'm a very observant person. These things haven't escaped me. Anyways, what's a topic in minecraft discussion without an actual discussion? If you made it this far, care to join me for a bit more of a ramble? 

Wow it's cold. Like incredibly cold. Colder than it ever should be in Tn. I'm a warm natured person and it's cold. Stupid cold. I'm in a Coat and everything in my little cubicle corner and I feel like i need a heater under my desk so that my snot doesn't freeze and become objects of danger to small animals in my vacinity...just saying, it's incredibly cold. But yes, actual discussion. 

with 1.8 around the corner...or perhaps across the globe, many of you are making plans about what to do when the map resets and the mad grab for land begins. Some of you are redstone geniuses, who will hit the earth with every tool they have so they won't have to do it for long. Others will break out the creative flow to create the server's greatest and newest builds. Others still will build sprawling towns and homesteads with incredible detail and wondrous design. Even I have a plan or two for 1.8, though I must still decide how to implement it, and why it would be worth anyone's time. You see, I always try to build with one goal in mind- make sure whatever I build serve's a purpose and assure that the object in mind will be used, in one form or another. With this in mind, I'm honestly thinking about building a town, but there are several factors that come into play here.

If I were to make a town, do I want a plot less town, to spawn creativity and wonder? Or do I want control as to make sure things are neat, tidy and navigable? Do I wish for a themed town, which might hinder the creative flow of some people? Or do I allow a plethora of colors that make people with map mods scream "RAINBOW" when they stumble upon it? If I am to make a town, do I add "Government" Buildings, or no? Business, stores, etc? Do I want to try to provide an economic balance or do I want shop world to be the main source of economic flow around? I know this may not make much sense to any of you, and if you read any of this, I'll be incredibly surprise. Kudos to you. You've read the ramblings of a twenty-three year old mad man. Beyond that, I wonder about the people who will inevitably come and go. The abandoned buildings I see in many towns, of players who have long since move on, bring a sort of Melancholy to me, looking through the windows of long abandoned structures. Anyone who owns a city or town, knows what I am talking about. It's one of the things I am thinking of as we work towards a transition to a new map, and a new beginning.

In my short time here, I have met many new people, and most of you that regular the forums know me at this point, or I would hope so at least. I strive only to be the same person you see here, that you would see in the real world. The internet provides every single person to be someone they are not, and allow them to create personas and characters that may or may not be them in the real world. I've always strived to be the same person here, as I am in actual life. THis has led people to call me odd and perhaps a suck up, but I'm truly no different here than there. I do apologize if this offends. It was not intended to be the case. Needless to say, perhaps a proper introduction on the forums might be needed. I think it would clear a few things up about me. Anyways, moving on.

One of the things I want to achieve  by 1.8 is the ability to help new players and help existing players fund the things they actually enjoy doing. This is why I'm thinking along the economic terms of the server. At least in a few aspects. One of the more popular activities is Wolf and Cheerio's Racehorse tracks. They host events that allow players to bring in their horses and race, often times for fun, but also often time for prizes and bragging rights. In a hope to add to this functionality, I would like to construct and help run a livestock auction house. Livestock auction houses are particularly useful for prime breeds of cows, horses, chickens and etc. and with Rabbits now on this horizon there are now even more cause for such a building to exist. To allow players from all over Oasis to breed horses of incredible caliber and allow them to sell them at the auction house in weekly, or perhaps monthly events would draw more attention to the racetracks, provide money for those with a passion for breeding, and provide cows and other livestock for those who simply cannot find any of their own. I feel that constructing such a building would allow for a coming together of people as well, bringing in all sorts of talents, and perhaps, boost the player economy in the future. It is this i ask your thoughts on, and I would like to gather your opinions on this. Do you think it's a good Idea? A bad one? An incredibly stupid idea Nostrum, go back to your hole? Feel free to voice your opinions on this, I have a thick skin and can take criticism fairly well. After all this is a discussion, and I am open to voices of all kinds. 

Guys, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this server, even if that part is tiny and insignificant. I know people may think me as odd, but if oddness is a part of what makes me, me? So be it. From the owners, Pax and Mad, to the Admins and staff such as Lina and Mega, all of you have made a significant impact on why I love this server so much. I know I'm simply a drop in the bucket of players who really do make a difference on this server, and to even simply give me time of day means more to me than any of you will ever know. I really wish I could show that appreciation, but I cannot with adequate ground. I just hope you believe me when I say Thank you. All of you.

Last edited by NostrumDomus on 9/24/2014, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.8, plans I have, and a ramble (Because we can do that sort of thing.)

Post by ThunderHorse on 9/24/2014, 11:09 am

[quote="NostrumDomus"]`

"One of the more popular activities is Wolf, Agwyn, and Cheerio's Racehorse tracks. They host events that allow players to bring in their horses and race, often times for fun, but also often time for prizes and bragging rights."

Agwyn has no form of ownership of racehorse and has not built anything for it yet (going to have warp admins build some new stables soon). Only Me and Cheerioes own it but i made Agwyn a warp admin a few days ago because of all the help he/she (not sure which one) has been with tournaments and making massive amounts of donations. The current warp admins are (but have no form of ownership of racehorse): AccusingPanda4, Zaba28, Simbalvr123, and Agwyn.

Otherwise all the details are correct with what i'v seen. And also "IF" we get a new map for 1.8 then I already have built a spot in the blueprints for a 50-50 area at racehorse 1.8 spawn. If we do not get a new map then i will have to clear more land or i will have to remove my massive 50-50 obsidian stable which would take a few hours to remove.

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 9/24/2014, 11:43 am

Forgive my error. I immediately woke up and it was the first thing I did, was write this. I do apologize.

EDIT: The change has been made accordingly.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon on 9/24/2014, 12:42 pm

Whoa o.o Amazing post. I think your livestock auction is a great idea, something lots would attend! Also, if you ever need help executing your plans, just talk to me. I have a few plans for 1.8 myself, but I will have plenty of time to help out a good friend :)

LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 9/24/2014, 1:34 pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 9/24/2014, 2:43 pm

Also i cant recall my opinion on this but me and Nos have talked about in game the last few days and it Will be built at racehorse spawn (if the map gets reset) if not then it will be built where my obsidian stable is at racehorse spawn (turn around when you spawn there)

We will get it figured out for sure when the server updates

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NostrumDomus on 9/24/2014, 3:05 pm

Indeed. If at all possible I think the best place for the auction house would be the area horses would be seen used most. Again, it all depends on how things turn out though, so we'll see.

NostrumDomus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy on 9/24/2014, 4:50 pm

wow nos some post and about ur town question ive made a couple towns on oasis and I find the most successful aqre the ones with out plots give people there own space for big or small builds yknow? and about the organization just make them all start n the road and the back/side can go as far out as they want so if u need any tips or anything just ask me or anyone else who owns a town

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 9/24/2014, 5:21 pm

NostrumDomus wrote:Indeed. If at all possible I think the best place for the auction house would be the area horses would be seen used most. Again, it all depends on how things turn out though, so we'll see.
I am working on racehorse 1.8 and i will send you the pics of the spawn building in a Few minutes via private messages. Just note there is a theme to racehorse which i will tell you everything in the message

Ok looks like i cant send the pics cause the file uploader is being a pain in the neck

Last edited by ThunderTheW0lf on 9/24/2014, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem came up)

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake on 9/24/2014, 8:11 pm

I like the idea of an auction house :3 
I don't think its been done here and 
I am interested to see what you come up with and how you do it. 

Cupcake
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayvenx on 9/24/2014, 11:30 pm

An auction plug in to go along with this would be nice. I feel that money is nearly worthless on the server due to the limited uses there are for it.

Rayvenx
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top