Tired of Rotten Meat...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tired of Rotten Meat...

Post by sly386 on 8/21/2014, 1:41 pm

Okay, so like most of you guys, you have to kill tons of zombies but you have stacks and stacks of meat. What good are they? They feed your wolf...and you could eat it...if you want to be sick? Okay those are just two uses. Well I don't have a dog, and I have healthy food growing so why keep the flesh I get from protecting myself from zombies? The answer? This new plugin I found! 

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/usedrotten/

It is a plugin (again, not used to plugins so bare with me and my limited knowledge) that lets you take rotten flesh and turn it into leather. appearently it has a use of being either just turning flesh into leather 1x1, turning 4 flesh into a leather 2x2, or turning 6 flesh into a leather 3x2. I think we should look into it for the sake of getting rid of rotten flesh, and balancing out the price of both flesh and leather. This way flesh goes a bit higher in price (not by much, you still need more flesh) and leather could go down in price, but again, not by a lot because you would need more flesh than leather.

If we do think about this plugin, I think we should make it the 3x2 pattern, so that way its 6 flesh per one leather. It lets us get rid of that backpack full of dead zombie and get like 8 leathers. 

P.S. A cow did not write this thread....eat more chicken.

sly386
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tired of Rotten Meat...

Post by 4emersons on 8/21/2014, 1:46 pm

Sounds like you are trying to find a way to get rid of rotten flesh...how about throwing it in a disposal sign or lava? Rotten flesh was put in the game to be pretty useless. There is nothing saying you can't throw it away or just not even collect it in the first place.

4emersons
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sly386 on 8/21/2014, 1:52 pm

Lol, I do that anyways, but I hate just wasting stuff, and I have to fight a lot of zombies and i hate to kill them and then my reward is like rotten flesh and exp...and the occational carrot, potatoe, iron, which i have tons of (except iron) This way, it feels like killing zombies gives you a reward of more than just a farm or one ingot.

Also, this was the only plugin that pertained to rotten flesh only, instead of making lamb chops, horse meat, and other food items which would bring the server to a screeching hult. I was actually looking for a plugin to use them non-craftable, like bonemeal for trees. But this one was all they had.

sly386
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey on 8/21/2014, 3:41 pm

It's not really "wasting" when what you're disposing of is pretty much junk, I do not like this idea because hoarders could unleash loads of flesh and make them into leather, sell them to shops who do not lower their leather prices in time. The price of leather would drop with new ways of getting leather, and people with auto zombie farms would drown the leather shops in stock. It will not drop lightly, it will drop significantly. Although I will entitle you to your own opinion on this.

jandavey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://leafblock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 8/21/2014, 4:46 pm

jandavey wrote:It's not really "wasting" when what you're disposing of is pretty much junk, I do not like this idea because hoarders could unleash loads of flesh and make them into leather, sell them to shops who do not lower their leather prices in time. The price of leather would drop with new ways of getting leather, and people with auto zombie farms would drown the leather shops in stock. It will not drop lightly, it will drop significantly. Although I will entitle you to your own opinion on this.
Couldnt have said it better myself. Making getting leather easier like this will send the oasis economy spiraling out of control and before we all know it almost everyone on oasis will be out of coins.

Its a good concept but its not a smart move to add for oasis

ThunderHorse
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What you said about eating it...

Post by Fluffy807 on 8/21/2014, 5:04 pm

Well what about getting hunger down fast to eat cake? XD

Fluffy807
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 8/21/2014, 5:34 pm

This is a nice idea. But rotten flesh is easy to get ahold of. And doing this would greatly offset the need for leather. It would be too OP. Rotten flesh is a dime a dozen. It would make getting leather too easy, and drastically kill prices of leather or leather crafted items in any shops that sell them.

I can easily do this my self, and haven considered it once, but like I said, rotten flesh is way too easy to get ahold of.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 8/21/2014, 9:06 pm

I would just like to point out here...

If a shop is buying leather, it's because they want leather. As it is, leather is pretty cheap (last I saw) and to just sell a ridiculous amount of leather to the shop would benefit both buyer and seller. Not to menion chests can fill up. Lets not be over dramatic about this, there will be no great leather crash of '14. Just sayin...

Not arguing that we should have the plugin though. Personally, I dont think it would make a huge impact. There are such things as cow farms specifically for leather so its not like its scarce. If it were, I would be for this plugin. As it is, its somewhat unnecesary.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 8/21/2014, 11:28 pm

Good point, but most players dont make shops to GET items, most of them make shops to SELL items. To make money. Its rare that players will put out empty chest with shop signs to get items. If so its usually for large projects. Which usually require blocks and not leather.

And once again, with zombie flesh being so plentiful, players wont have a need to BUY leather from other players, they'll just craft some leather them selves. This is how it would upset leather sales. Players wont buy it any more. They'll just make it. And with looting swords, you'd be set for life.

StupidTester.com says I'm 0% Stupid! How stupid are you? Click Here!

Paxination
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top